Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 30 January 18 at 05:52
For anyone who wants to see the levels as I complete them, so that there is something to look at:
https://www.trueachievements.com/walkthrough/walkthroughprev...
~Ya boy Santino Hartford
Information Posted on 15 February 18 at 16:17
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Walkthrough
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 16 February 18 at 21:51
Ayy
~Ya boy Santino Hartford
So Solid Jedi
So Solid Jedi
Posted on 16 June 18 at 07:28
Tried the Veteren Glitch tip tat is posted in the walk through, tree it on crew expendable, I started the level on recruit got to the last checkpoint save and quit, then from main menu went to levels chose the same level crew expendable chose veteren difficulty, backed out during loading, quit cod modern warfare, launched it again, then chose resu, but it started me at the beginning of the level instead of the checkpoint? Is the glitch no longer working? Can anyone confirm it still works?
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 16 June 18 at 17:51
You may not have closed the game early enough during the loading screen
~Ya boy Santino Hartford
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 02 December 18 at 18:37
Not a fan of how the walkthrough provides no tips on actually playing on Veteran difficulty and instead assumes/demands that the player use the glitch. I would like to challenge this and suggest that the walkthrough should cover Veteran difficulty properly, even if the glitch can be helpful to some. I don't think it should be considered a requirement for the achievements but instead something added to the side as a "just-in-case" kind of thing, especially considering how long/tedious the glitch is to perform correctly, and since it apparently doesn't always work (as in an above comment).
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 03 December 18 at 03:43
It does work and only takes about a minute or 2 extra per level which is much faster than playing on Veteran.

Beating it on Veteran basically just involves bashing your head against a wall by either sprinting through areas or jumping from cover to cover (both using flashbangs).

Other than Heat, that's basically all you have to do on each level (in Heat, you sprint down the left side of the map, the whole way down)
~Ya boy Santino Hartford
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 03 December 18 at 03:51
Btw, as far as I can see, none of the CoD games have fully written walkthroughs for Veteran (even the ones without the glitch).

CoD has virtually no text at all, others (including my CoD 4 WT on the 360 just provides tips for the whole game.

This walkthrough is meant to provide a walkthrough for all of the achievements making it as easy as I possibly could, which I believe that I did
~Ya boy Santino Hartford
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 03 December 18 at 04:37
Well I'd argue then that if the other walkthroughs don't have proper Veteran information, that doesn't mean that MWR shouldn't either. According to the WT threads, eight of the CoD games need rewrites. Out of the ones that don't, World at War isn't published, MW2 is far more extensive, BO3 isn't published, WWII isn't published, BO4 isn't published, Infinite Warfare isn't published, and Advanced Warfare has even less to say, which I am also not a fan of. That leaves literally one walkthrough out of the entire series that has actually done Veteran difficulty with proper advice, being MW2. That shouldn't be an excuse for being so minimalistic of a difficulty playthrough to completely disregard it in favor of a glitch, even if it is easier.

Playing the game on Veteran consists of more than just chucking flashbangs and staying behind cover, which one would understand if they beat the thing on Veteran. The ferris wheel garbage and other things are far different when playing without glitching the difficulty, and those who are looking for genuine tips and information are forced to look elsewhere since that information isn't here for them on the TA walkthrough.

Yes, technically doing the glitch 20-ish times might be easier/faster than playing on Veteran legitimately. But what if someone wanted to play legitimately? Would it not be better to cover all bases and include Veteran information alongside the glitch as a side note?
ImJustYourDaddy
Posted on 03 December 18 at 17:21, Edited on 03 December 18 at 17:22 by ImJustYourDaddy
Fair point on the don't use other things as an excuse. I hate using that in arguments.

If someone else would like to write it, they can, but I haven't owned the game since I finished this walkthrough. I'm all for it if that can happen

I will say that, other than waiting for the cellar to open on "Hunted", "Heat" (kinda), the end of "One Shot, One Kill", every area is either beaten by picking off enough enemies to run through an area or throwing a flashbang and sprinting. I have beaten this game on Veteran a bunch of times, because it was one of my few games when I was younger and didn't have Gold.

I could include tips on those three parts of the game that aren't really beaten in the normal manner though.
(Hunted basically just involves hiding next to the cellar, Heat has you sprint down the left side of the mountain, and One Shot, One Kill has a little building to hide in that makes you mostly invincible with only grenades being able to get into it but most of them miss)
~Ya boy Santino Hartford
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.