Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Games With Gold Games for 2016

AuthorMessage
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 31 December 16 at 18:07
The best of times and the worst of times

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: Games With Gold Games for 2016
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 31 December 16 at 18:21
This year was pretty good for GWG titles. However, from the rating on Zheros, I take it most people didn't go back after the patch that made the game playable, and somewhat fun. I'm a bit surprised Borderlands didn't squeeze in the top 5, but then again, with the titles there, it would be hard to decide what game would have to be replaced for it. For me personally, probably wouldn't put in X-com, but then again, I'm not a huge fan of turn based strategy.
My personal top 5:
5. The Wolf Among Us
4. Forza Horizon
3. Borderlands
2. Saints Row IV
1. Sunset Overdrive
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 31 December 16 at 18:29, Edited on 31 December 16 at 20:02 by Legohead 1977
Some great games...the biggest disappointment to me was Forza, I really wanted to try that game but poor connection to the servers, a season pass that gives you access to nothing and now unobtainable achievements mean it cost me £3.99 for nothing. A real shame!
Legohead 1977
WebMan
WebMan
Posted on 31 December 16 at 18:37
Great article. It's very interesting to look back on the year and see all of the free games and the variety across the genres. From reading the comments each month when the GwG games are announced, you would not expect such good games. Thanks for the info!
KingyOwl
KingyOwl
Posted on 31 December 16 at 18:53
The Wolf Among Us, Dirt Showdown and Sunset Overdrive are the three best games which I hadn't already played.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 31 December 16 at 19:03
The Crew.............
GuruThaGreat
GuruThaGreat
Posted on 31 December 16 at 19:07
Borderlands might be my personal favorite of all these games, but I have no objection to Sunset Overdrive being number 1 on the list. It's definitely one of the most purely entertaining games I've ever played. The gameplay is fun and it's also one of the funniest games I've ever played. The dialogue in the game, particularly from the player character, is hilarious. The devs had a clear understanding on what they wanted to achieve and had great execution of their vision.
Irondan316
Irondan316
Posted on 31 December 16 at 19:09
As a whole, it's hard to argue how the list turned out, but I would have added Super Meat Boy as an honorable broken thumbs/controller award.
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 31 December 16 at 19:11
The best game for me excluding the games I had already owned was Forza Horizon. I had never played the series but fell in love with it and now own all three of the Horizon games...Amazing!
I Never Get Mad
Posted on 31 December 16 at 19:19
Really enjoy sleeping dogs so far and excited to get to outlast soon
Red Hysteria
Red Hysteria
Posted on 31 December 16 at 19:53
Great article. I really enjoyed the thoughtfulness and taking advantage of all the statistics on the site to breakdown the scores. I also didn't realize how diverse the GWG titles have been, which is nice to see that they are trying to branch out as much as possible.
JMJimmy
JMJimmy
Posted on 31 December 16 at 19:58
And the trying too hard to make award names from game titles goes to Kevin!
Life, it's funny that way.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 31 December 16 at 20:02
Eury, I really enjoy your articles this year. There is a lot of substance to them. Keep it up.
FrozenFireStone
Posted on 31 December 16 at 20:08
Flappy Goat best minigame.
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 31 December 16 at 20:14, Edited on 31 December 16 at 20:14 by MugenKairo
Sunset Overdrive is one I missed out on by it is on sale right now...
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 31 December 16 at 20:42
I used to see Sunset Overdrive in local stores here (WTF is this cover? laugh ) and never thought of buying / playing it till GWG. Definitely fun and deserved to be top 1. clap
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 31 December 16 at 20:45
Sunset Overdrive is just awesome. It's about fun, fun and fun, I loved it.

That was a great gift of Microsoft.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:05
MugenKairo said:
Sunset Overdrive is one I missed out on by it is on sale right now...
Buy it.

LuckyConquerer2 said:
Eury, I really enjoy your articles this year. There is a lot of substance to them. Keep it up.
redface

smile
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:12
Zheros. Was. A. Piece. Of. Shit.

even listing it on here helps those loosers at RImlight.

I hope that team never makes another game in their entire life.

I still cannot wait to play Sunset! Maybe now that I reminded I will start it!
RocketAssassin3
Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:14
FrozenFireStone said:
Flappy Goat best minigame.
Urggghhhh....that was commitment
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.