AuthorMessage
blueracer442
blueracer442
Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:24
KierenGriff said:
FrozenFireStone said:
Flappy Goat best minigame.
Urggghhhh....that was commitment
The biggest thing I noticed with that is make sure that the delay on your TV is minimal. My TV has a minor but noticeable delay which messed me up. I did it on my brothers and in less then an hour I was getting over 10 easily.
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:38
Defense Grid!

The only new game I have got so far!
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:39
Sunset really is awesome. I didn't expect to like it much at all and I ended up loving it. Seems the DLC never goes on sale, sadly.
baazfury
baazfury
Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:40
I like your list overall. It was a very fair analysis of the GWG for the year. I would put Borderlands in the number one slot, with Sunset Overdrive in second.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 31 December 16 at 21:49
Gotta say that my biggest disappointment this year was X-com. I was so super excited to get the game since my disc had a chip in it and I could start playing again. Then as soon as it was a GwG they took down the DLC and when asked about it their response was "Buy Enemy Within." So basically 2k just did their best to scam you out of getting the full game experience and then to force you to buy the sequel / expansion so that they can get your money. Just... yeah... ensured I'll never buy a 2k game at full price.

Fiancee was quite unhappy with Saint's Row 4 as well. Each game has slowly but steadily removed all of the ethnic voices and the women have been hit hardest with this. So she can't really bring forward her character she's been making since SR2. Your only voice options now are southern belle, american and french lady. Hope you weren't playing a suburban black or hispanic character!
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 31 December 16 at 22:02
Pleasantly surprised with the healthy amount of RPGs released when stacked up against the other genres.
Ask me about my rock collection.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 31 December 16 at 22:04
Certainly a lame move, Misfit, but historically the free games do that often, don't they? They give us free stuff and dangle DLC and expansions in our faces so they doubly benefit from submitting a work of theirs as a GWG title.
Narcissist Code
Narcissist Code
Posted on 31 December 16 at 22:37
Tron Evo is a platformer :^)
The people's champion! Well done for an amazing run, and for croaking with dignity. #TeamSporl4lyf - MalibuStacey85
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:00
So glad Sunset Overdrive was #1 here. I agree!! I had so much FUN playing that game in a way I hadn't in a long time.
I'm glad Borderlands, Mirror's Edge, and FC3:Blood Dragon were GwG - those were games (like Sunset) that I really enjoyed playing and was excited that my friends and other gamers had a way to enjoy them as well.
As for my "didn't expect I would enjoy it so much" game, Sherlock Holmes. It came at a time when I needed a story and one that was straightforward. It reminded me of adventure/point-and-click games I played on my dad's computer when I was younger.

I'm very thankful for the GwG program. Usually I own about 20-25% of the games already, and I really only jump into 25% of the ones I haven't, but the increase in value as a Microsoft customer is something I appreciate. And I never know when I'll get a Sherlock or Forza Horizon kind of game that I would not have tried out on my own without the program.

Cheers to a great year of GwG in 2017! Hoping for some solid titles and a higher avg. rating toast
VoodooTrumpet
VoodooTrumpet
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:05
I guess I'm the only person who didn't enjoy Sunset Overdrive then. I enjoyed the humor but the gameplay just left me cold.
Take it sleazy
Bar6arian
Bar6arian
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:05
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
Sunset really is awesome. I didn't expect to like it much at all and I ended up loving it. Seems the DLC never goes on sale, sadly.
Enjoyed it so much myself and the DLC does go on sale. I got it with GWG and bought the DLC for $20 and a week later it was 50% off, go figure. O well I would have paid full price for everything for what I got out of it.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:16
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
Certainly a lame move, Misfit, but historically the free games do that often, don't they? They give us free stuff and dangle DLC and expansions in our faces so they doubly benefit from submitting a work of theirs as a GWG title.
Oh I'm pretty cool with them basically trying to bully me into buying their DLC. But with the Xcom thing it's like "Here enjoy this game but if you want the full experience too bad. We've removed the DLC so now you have to buy another game entirely." I'm actually pretty happy to buy the DLC though when I enjoy a GwG. For example I picked up the Sleeping Dogs DLC when that went free after loving the game.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:16
I really wanted to like Sunset Overdrive but gave up on it cause I find it too hard to play. That whole "the floor is lava" mechanic along with trying to shoot hordes of enemies while always moving trying to stay in the same area while sliding on rails is a bit much.
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:19
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Eury, I really enjoy your articles this year. There is a lot of substance to them. Keep it up.
True. It's a shame we won't be seeing any more articles from him until next year. cry
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:37
N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
The problem with the EU/EW thing is that buying the Enemy Within disc gives a whole different stack of achievements. It doesn't add on to the GWG EU base game. Meaning that the Slingshot pack achievements for EU are basically unobtainable now for anyone who hadn't already bought that DLC before it came out.
IronFistofSnuff
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:48
creptor5291 said:
This year was pretty good for GWG titles. However, from the rating on Zheros, I take it most people didn't go back after the patch that made the game playable, and somewhat fun. I'm a bit surprised Borderlands didn't squeeze in the top 5, but then again, with the titles there, it would be hard to decide what game would have to be replaced for it. For me personally, probably wouldn't put in X-com, but then again, I'm not a huge fan of turn based strategy.
My personal top 5:
5. The Wolf Among Us
4. Forza Horizon
3. Borderlands
2. Saints Row IV
1. Sunset Overdrive
Also forgot to mention, my disappointment of the year goes to Tron Evolution, which I was really looking forward to when they announced it would be a GwG. Wound up absolutely hating that game for how annoying it was to control. The combat is fun, but the platforming is absolutely awful.
good Super man
Posted on 31 December 16 at 23:52
Wasn't Goat Simulator free on Xbox One and not 360?
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 01 January 17 at 00:09
FightingMegaFoo said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Eury, I really enjoy your articles this year. There is a lot of substance to them. Keep it up.
True. It's a shame we won't be seeing any more articles from him until next year. cry
So tomorrow then? laugh
Elite1111111111
Posted on 01 January 17 at 00:22
I can't give Forza and Xcom any props since they both delisted their DLC soon after becoming gold.
XCOM delisted it like the second the GWG time ran out, with no warning.

Forza at least warned us, but the servers were such a clusterf- when it did that it was almost impossible to download the things.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 January 17 at 01:03, Edited on 01 January 17 at 01:14 by HolyHalfDead
THIEF was also available in January 2016. We also got Killer Instinct Classic that month.

By changing the region on Xbox.com we were also able to pick up:
Kalimba
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
SlashDash

And those whose account is in another region may have got:
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Comic Jumper
Joy Ride Turbo
The Maw
Toy Soldiers
Viva Piñata

good Super man said:
Wasn't Goat Simulator free on Xbox One and not 360?
Correct.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.