Game Discussion: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Exo Survival Riot Shield Glitch

• YoDzYoDz668,265
    Posted on 02 January 17 at 19:47, Edited on 02 January 17 at 19:56 by YoDz
    copied and pasted from my solution.

2016 post patch Co-op Riot Shield Glitch for Survival
    Ok so there isnt that much info going around about this glitch and when taking into consideration the age of the game I can say its a safe bet this wont be patched anytime soon.

So if you are like me you own the digital version of the game and are unable to use the offline no patch method in the other solutions, after browsing Youtube i found this glitch that makes survival a lot easier. Its fairly easy to set up and i will try to explain it as simple as possible and then include some videos and screenshots for reference.

Now this method I've only tested in co-op and just used the first available map "Bio-Lab"

Here are the steps you need to do in order, This can work for 2-4 players.

1. Start a co-op survival match with your partners, either online or private match.
    2. Once the map loads up have all players select the Heavy Exo class.
    3. Next have one player run to the edge of a map.
    4. Once there hold LB to hold out your riot shield, while you are still holding out the riot shield jump off the edge of the map to kill yourself. Make sure you still have at least one player alive at all times.
    5. Once the player who jumped with the riot shield re-spawns they will now have infinite riot shield. The player themselves wont be able to see it but all other players will. this is what it will look like
    https://screenshotscontent-t4001.xboxlive.com/000900000cac4b...

6. Now repeat the steps 3-5 for the rest of the players. In 2-4 player games everyone should have the shield by round 3.
    7. Like i said you cant see your own shield but other players in the game can, confirm with your partners your shield is showing.

Now with this glitch you will block most if not all damage that is coming directly in front of you, as if you were actually holding the shield. You WILL still take damage from the sides and back. This doesnt give you god mode but makes getting flip flop 10x easier after all the updates made to this game that made it harder.
    If you go down and respawn you will still have your shield, you can switch your exo ability and class and still keep the shield, the only thing that takes it away is hoping into a AST(mech suit).

NEVER jump into your mech suit upgrade, the only thing you should use it for is to block the doorways of the middle building like shown here
    https://screenshotscontent-t5001.xboxlive.com/000900000cac4b...

in my co-op game we just bunkered down in the middle building with two player on each side(the room with the weapons upgrade station), occasionally a player would go down but we never struggled and got the flip flop achievement in about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

When the AST enemys come have a player distract it then have another player melee the AST to kill it, it takes 4 melees to kill a AST, just run up to him, melee, back up and recover then repeat till dead.

Make sure every few rounds you upgrade your armor and weapon proficiency to max, then buy EM1 weapon attachments like heat sink and grip.

Here is a video on how to do the glitch thanks to YouTube User "icYFTL"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW1_KzQnTGA
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads