Community News Forum

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

The TrueAchievements Game of the Year 2016

AuthorMessage
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:22
Overwatch was probably my game of the year, still playing it now, fantastic game
Odog1234
Odog1234
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:23
No Ben-Hur?
Silvery Death
Silvery Death
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:26
Glad to see that Blood and Wine won best dlc. A little surprised that Forza won, I was expecting to see GOW 4 or Overwatch.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCom3yzbUaMRPgeHVhLlPvjw (My Youtube Channel)
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:26, Edited on 03 January 17 at 19:26 by HolyHalfDead
I only played 5 games this year, and Gears4 and FH3 were two of them! That makes Hitman my runner up, and Lego Force Awakens and AC Chronicles my honourable mentions. XCOM 2 is on my wish list :)
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Matt DB87
Matt DB87
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:27
xONLY INHUMANx said:
runner up????????lol clearly there must not have been any other card game to take runner up if lies of astroth got in
yep, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that lol
https://www.paypal.me/mattdb87
The Minish Wolf
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:27
xONLY INHUMANx said:
TrueAchievement said:
Hurball said:
The way this site does the voting will always give the best selling games a huge advantage over other games, regardless of quality.
While that's often true, this year the winner was only the 6th highest "seller":

Most Played Games On TrueAchievements 2016 - Part Two
last year's fallout 4 won just based on name alone. i played it 10 months after it came out and it still had ground breaking bug's in the game. best seller doesn't always mean it's a good game.
I did vote for Fallout and I regret it, it was not an amazing game, good, but not GOTY.
I am biased in my opinion as we all are, but Gears 4 didn't deserve runner up from what I have played and know of it.

HOWEVER, this is one of many sites that do GOTY awards and even if your top game of the year didn't win any award, its still your top game of the year, and nothing will change that.
HabitualNewt
HabitualNewt
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:30
So, LoA runner up?

How can a game with so many things wrong even get a nod?

Cheevos that dont open, elements of game that isnt available w/o wallet buying...brutal communication from devs.
Game changes on the fly to suit their needs.
YNWA
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:31
Lies of Astaroth was robbed.
HabitualNewt
HabitualNewt
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:32
Its ranked near bottom of the free catergory....🤔....FREE
YNWA
Manb3arSquirrel
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:36
INB4 "Russians hacked the ballot." Many of these games aren't very good.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:41
Jamiereloaded23 said:
Seriously 4.0 as most original achievement??? That aside there are some great games on there, I'm pleased to see that Overwatch didn't win a single award as to me it is seriously overrated.
Totally second this. Overwatch was the emperors new clothes in my eyes.

Good list overall .. Hard to comment as I hardly buy games in the year they are released !
Too many Irons in the fire !
StK I
StK I
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:42
Blind love for Gears 4? Isn't Seriously 4.0 the most unoriginal achievement there is? I guess I should be more excited to actually start the game but I'm kind of disappointed overwatch didn't show up anywhere.

I also haven't heard a single positive thing about LoA :p
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:43
Woooo! Go Rocket League. :)
War...war never changes.
DeadlyName007
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:50
Where in the Best Sports category or did I miss something?
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:54
Soda Drinker Pro did not GOTY. This is clearly rigged.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:55, Edited on 03 January 17 at 19:56 by
Glad XCOM 2 got some love.
I'll never understand why people enjoy these generic AAA titles so much though. Gears and Forza really? roll
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:55
Well deserved for FH3, although it has been a pretty poor year for games in general, especially in the originality department.
Clever Jake
Clever Jake
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:59
xONLY INHUMANx said:
runner up????????lol clearly there must not have been any other card game to take runner up if lies of astroth got in
Lies of Astaroth beat Uno by 13 points.
kintaris
kintaris
Posted on 03 January 17 at 19:59
Sad to see Watch Dogs 2 didn't make any of the achievement polls. Some great names and original unlock requirements.

I'd have to agree that FH3 is my game of the year, but I must admit I just haven't gotten around to as many new games this year because of my huge backlog - especially since so many core titles from the 360 have gone backwards compatible. I wonder how different my list would be if I'd gotten around to more of the big hitters.

To those who don't understand how FH3 has done so well, don't forget that this particular iteration has not only satisfied people who wanted more FH2, it's also brought in a huge number of gamers who don't usually go for racing games thanks to a significant effort with the marketing campaign -- and because it looks so damn fine.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 03 January 17 at 20:00, Edited on 03 January 17 at 20:01 by Elite1111111111
I shall echo the 'wtf Seriously runner-up for most original' sentiment. It's just a meta-achievement. It's a step above 'unlock all other achievements', but that's it.

Definitely willing to give GoW both the 'name' ones though. Those are pretty funny.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.