Community News

News for and about the community. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

The TrueAchievements Game of the Year 2016

• Posted on 04 January 17 at 04:28
    Best Shooter should be flipped, heck GoW 4 shouldn't even be on this.
  • Posted on 04 January 17 at 05:47
    They should celebrate Rebel Galaxy by putting it on sale.
  • Posted on 04 January 17 at 06:34
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Michel said:
    I get why Overwatch is not there, its because you [redacted] can only boost achievements, not even try to get them legit first
    This kind of post is entirely uncalled for mate.

I'm double posting bc I'm too lazy to edit my previous post to point out this nonsense. You are on the WRONG site if you want to proverbially shit on boosters with mysoginist insults.

Not that lazy edit: and you might want to take a break from the internet and grow up a tad if you feel the need to go to that extreme about a game.
    There's no point in arguing with this idiot. He pulled the same stunt when Gears Ultimate came out and bitched about people boosting Seriously. He's a huge hypocrite that has boosted more games than he likes to admit (seriously, we blasted him with it back then, but he still denied it).

Also, I played Overwatch, and it didn't do it for me. I like Team Fortress 2 more. It was easily the most overrated game this year. It didn't even feel like a complete game to me.
  • Posted on 04 January 17 at 07:09
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    serious dark souls 3 best RPG FF15 sold more copies and is better then souls in fact any RPG is better then crappy souls games
    Ff15 is stupid af!!! Souls games have sooo much depth!
    They're very different kinds of games. FF is more light-hearted and simple to play, DS is depressing and has much greater challenge.
  • EvandalistEvandalist384,365
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 07:48, Edited on 04 January 17 at 07:51 by Evandalist
    TheviusRacoonus said:
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Michel said:
    I get why Overwatch is not there, its because you [redacted] can only boost achievements, not even try to get them legit first

I'm double posting bc I'm too lazy to edit my previous post to point out this nonsense. You are on the WRONG site if you want to proverbially shit on boosters with mysoginist insults.

Not that lazy edit: and you might want to take a break from the internet and grow up a tad if you feel the need to go to that extreme about a game.
    There's no point in arguing with this idiot. He pulled the same stunt when Gears Ultimate came out and bitched about people boosting Seriously. He's a huge hypocrite that has boosted more games than he likes to admit (seriously, we blasted him with it back then, but he still denied it).

Also, I played Overwatch, and it didn't do it for me. I like Team Fortress 2 more. It was easily the most overrated game this year. It didn't even feel like a complete game to me.
    What Thevius said.

Look at the guy's feedback - He's been in sessions for Gears of War 4, Minecraft, Equalicious, The Elder Scrolls Online (because MMOs are totally dead and require boosting, right?), Overwatch, Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, Warface, Tomb Raider, Injustice, Assassin's Creed IV : Black Flag, and a shit ton of other games I can't be bothered to list.

The aforementioned thread, for interested parties...

Seriously... Boosting

Also, this one...

Level 100 re-up reward!

The hypocrisy is hysterical with this guy.
    Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
  • Posted on 04 January 17 at 08:06
    Final Fantasy XVNoct You Like a HurricaneThe Noct You Like a Hurricane achievement in Final Fantasy XV worth 11 pointsInitiated first link-strike after parrying an attack.

Was my favorite achievement name this year. Sad it didn't get some recognition
  • Internet HamInternet Ham361,704
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 08:33
    As a player and lover of Gears since the very first one, Gears 4 has no place on this list. It is a pale imitation of the first three.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 January 17 at 09:10
    Once more, Doom gets robbed. Shame. warning
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,553,161
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 10:01
    While calling it a simulator is a tad tenuous, I am glad that Overcooked picked up an award, by far the most enjoyable couch co-op game I have played for a number of years.
    Legohead 1977
  • GuruThaGreatGuruThaGreat1,067,300
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 10:27
    I'm sad not to see Quantum Break anywhere. It's such a fantastic game and I would go so far as to say it's the best game to come out new on the Xbone (as in not counting remasters/remakes).

Some of my personal favorites from the year are represented though so I'm happy with that. Dark Souls III, FF XV, and The Witness were all in my top 5.

And to echo everyone else how has said this, how did LoA and Seriously get runner ups? Calling Seriously original is the same as calling Madden original. And the only way LoA should ever get an award is if there was a category for worst developers.
  • Posted on 04 January 17 at 10:56
    Overcooked a Simulation Game? laugh

Disgraceful that Doom and Titanfall 2 didn't get any of the Best games.
  • Daelus1Daelus1722,624
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 11:25
    Goggs25 said:
    serious dark souls 3 best RPG FF15 sold more copies and is better then souls in fact any RPG is better then crappy souls games
    To be clear, I am not a huge Souls fan, but at least it is an RPG; FF is much closer to an "action" game than an RPG; and, even though DS has a story mainly only in a fanboy's head, I still prefer that to the non-sense of FF...I am just about done with that game and it went from a reasonable semi-open world game to a horrible linear QTE-fest in the 2nd half...with a ridiculously obtuse "story".....overall maybe a 5.5 or 6/ 10.
  • Daelus1Daelus1722,624
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 11:32
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Michel said:

I'm double posting bc I'm too lazy to edit my previous post to point out this nonsense. You are on the WRONG site if you want to proverbially [redacted] on boosters with mysoginist insults.

While I am not a fan of his post, I also am not a fan of people using words they do not understand, and you clearly do not know what a "mysoginist" (sic) is as his post was not an example.
  • Necromorph11Necromorph11947,455
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 11:44
    SO glad that the super shiny polished turd that overwatch is did not win anything
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,553,161
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 12:25, Edited on 04 January 17 at 12:29 by Legohead 1977
    Daelus1 said:
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Michel said:

I'm double posting bc I'm too lazy to edit my previous post to point out this nonsense. You are on the WRONG site if you want to proverbially [redacted] on boosters with mysoginist insults.

While I am not a fan of his post, I also am not a fan of people using words they do not understand, and you clearly do not know what a "mysoginist" (sic) is as his post was not an example.
    I think to some, any use of language referring to that particular region, whether contextually relevant or not, shows a certain level of misogyny.

That aside, the general message that we should all play nice is definitely one we should stick to. Everyone is different, has differing opinions and values, and each should be respected provided of course they don't adversely impact on other people.

I have heard only good things about FH3 from a number of people, and despite the general opinion that a racing game shouldn't win the GOTY for some reason, it is the game I expected to take the title. My nephew has been given it for Christmas, so maybe one day I will get a shot at trying it, maybe even buying it if the DLC doesn't bump it out of my price range.

One more quick question, will there be an overall list published with numbers? Just so we can see the differences between ranks and how low down our personal favourites finished? (I don't think this has already been asked, but if it has I apologise).
    Legohead 1977
  • Vr EnglishVr English757,513
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 12:30
    Hurball said:
    The way this site does the voting will always give the best selling games a huge advantage over other games, regardless of quality.
    True enough, but that is much like life.
  • Posted on 04 January 17 at 12:37, Edited on 04 January 17 at 12:37 by WarIsComingHome
    No "DOOM" ????? - This is JOKELIST , not a GOTY awards
  • Posted on 04 January 17 at 12:42
    WarIsComingHome said:
    No "DOOM" ????? - This is JOKELIST , not a GOTY awards
    Having played DOOM and most of the other games on here, it didn't even make my top 5.

Opinions, eh?
  • amenazamenor JFamenazamenor JF1,312,596
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 13:12, Edited on 04 January 17 at 13:12 by amenazamenor JF
    FirewatchThe Life and Times of Raccoon CarterThe The Life and Times of Raccoon Carter achievement in Firewatch worth 131 pointsHave a hands-on encounter with the local wildlife.

This is the achievement name I loved.
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,641,849
    Posted on 04 January 17 at 13:18, Edited on 05 January 17 at 09:04 by LifeExpectancy
    Daelus1 said:
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Michel said:

The word he chose to use falls into the misogynist category when used as a derogatory means to fling insults. I know perfectly well what I was referring to, and his post fit the bill in my book.

If someone calls a white guy the N word, it's still a racist use of the word when used in a derogatory manner, despite the fact that the target of the insult is white.

Same concept here. This isn't exactly a rated-G site so the occasional 4 letter word in a post is one thing, but taking it to that level shouldnt EVER be tolerated.

Also, I edited out his language because it crosses a line. If you genuinely think the word 'shit' crosses a line when it isn't a verbal attack but rather an appropriate reference to his behavior, then I guess more power to you. If you simply edited it out to be clever, it didn't have that effect.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.