Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] 'Tis the Season to be Delisted: More Xbox Games Removed from the Store

• punkyliarpunkyliar258,728
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 00:48
    Would be nice if they gave us some kind of warning... unless I missed one.

How does this effect games that have been previously downloaded but aren't currently on a console? Will they disappear from our download history or be impossible to redownload?
  • punkyliarpunkyliar258,728
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 00:56
    Our Afflictions said:
    How does this effect games that have been previously downloaded but aren't currently on a console? Will they disappear from our download history or be impossible to redownload?
    That depends on the game. If you have purchased a game that has since been delisted, it may remain in your download history for you to redownload at any time. Unfortunately, some also take the other route and can never be redownloaded. As I don't own any of the above, I can't tell you whether you can redownload those titles or not.
  • YoDzYoDz668,279
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 00:59, Edited on 06 January 17 at 01:00 by YoDz
    Dirt 3 is still available for me to download in my ready to install list
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,616,647
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 01:05
    Nothing I wanted, cool
    #mentallypudding
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,482,614
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 01:08
    alklein92201 said:
    Nothing I wanted, cool
    TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan was really just a test to see if you were clinically insane, as wanting to buy it is one of the official presentations of the illness, so this is good news for you.
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 01:21
    xPut Name Herex said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Nothing I wanted, cool
    TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan was really just a test to see if you were clinically insane, as wanting to buy it is one of the official presentations of the illness, so this is good news for you.
    Uhhh how do you return marketplace purchases?

Asking for a friend...
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 01:39, Edited on 06 January 17 at 01:40 by Melancholy Jay
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Nothing I wanted, cool

Asking for a friend...
    You can't. When you digitally purchase a game it says so before confirming the transaction.
    - Jay
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy1,176,943
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 01:43
    punkyliar said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    That depends on the game. If you have purchased a game that has since been delisted, it may remain in your download history for you to redownload at any time. Unfortunately, some also take the other route and can never be redownloaded. As I don't own any of the above, I can't tell you whether you can redownload those titles or not.
    I havent had any games delisted that I couldn't re-download from my history, it was just a real pain on the 360 to do it. I recently downloaded Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the 360, both were delisted years ago. You need to search through your history, which could be quite large. On the XB1, delisted games will still be ready to install.

The real problem on the 360 is if you pin any title that gets delisted, you can never remove the pin, likewise you can't pin any delisted titles for some reason. The former is definitely the worst of the two when you have a limit on your number of pins.
    Peace Through Tyranny
  • YinYin1,103,807
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 01:49, Edited on 06 January 17 at 01:49 by Yin
    JaysBetterThanU said:
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Nothing I wanted, cool

Asking for a friend...
    You can't. When you digitally purchase a game it says so before confirming the transaction.
    That joke went waaaaaaay over your head, and even then that is not entirely true.
    Player Engagement and Features staff at DestinyTracker & HaloTracker. Come stop by!
  • EscapeTheApeEscapeTheApe164,506
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 01:57
    JaysBetterThanU said:
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Nothing I wanted, cool

Asking for a friend...
    Whoooooooooosh

Can anyone recommend any of these games, or should one just pass? Just wondering, since I was thinking about looking up the disc versions.
  • Jay CowlJay Cowl1,228,432
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 02:10
    STOP MAKING NINJA TURTLE GAMES. If you look at the series on TA 75% are delisted. Activision you are the worst.
  • Weasel PizzaWeasel Pizza2,257,115
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 02:12
    EscapeTheApe said:
    JaysBetterThanU said:
    dropK1CK ninJA said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    alklein92201 said:
    Nothing I wanted, cool

Asking for a friend...
    Whoooooooooosh

Can anyone recommend any of these games, or should one just pass? Just wondering, since I was thinking about looking up the disc versions.
    I liked The Amazing Spider-Man. It's fun enough and a pretty painless completion.
  • matdanmatdan842,336
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 02:13
    I got Battle LA when it relisted so nothing of value was lost. Not saying the game was good though
  • JumboWarioJumboWario1,114,323
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 02:18
    Is 7 months the shortest amount of time for a game to be on the marketplace? The most recent TMNT game came out in May 2016...
    Game On.
  • YoDzYoDz668,279
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 02:23, Edited on 06 January 17 at 02:25 by YoDz
    JumboWario said:
    Is 7 months the shortest amount of time for a game to be on the marketplace? The most recent TMNT game came out in May 2016...
    i think so, spectra and warface were only available for a year and those were the shortest i know of
    ps nice gamerpic toast
  • thearyadragonthearyadragon2,833,219
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 02:25
    punkyliar said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    Hey, Activision also removed the Wipeout series (all 4.) I submitted game info update but it doesn't seem like you guys are aware. Tis the season for delistings!
  • NutriWhipNutriWhip4,245,284
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 02:44
    YoDz said:
    JumboWario said:
    i think so, spectra and warface were only available for a year and those were the shortest i know of
    ps nice gamerpic toast
    Warlords (2012) Achievements would like to have a word with you guys. It was up for 1, 2? days before it was pulled. Didn't come back until 2 years later.
  • ScrapcanScrapcan1,535,650
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:14
    They should just give those games as part of GwG before delisting them. I would of not mind any of those.
    Gimme the loot
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:15
    So are those Xbox One games the first two ever to be delisted from the console?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads