Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] 'Tis the Season to be Delisted: More Xbox Games Removed from the Store

AuthorMessage
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:18, Edited on 06 January 17 at 03:18 by JumboWario
FightingMegaFoo said:
So are those Xbox One games the first two ever to be delisted from the console?
Spectra Achievements
Goat Simulator: Mmore Goatz Edition Achievements
Project Spark Achievements
Game On.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:20
FightingMegaFoo said:
No
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:31
Our Afflictions said:
Would be nice if they gave us some kind of warning... unless I missed one.

How does this effect games that have been previously downloaded but aren't currently on a console? Will they disappear from our download history or be impossible to redownload?
Can TA help us with a central Forum Post to identify impending delisting of games, and while you're at it, impending Game Server shutdowns? I understand however that TA still requires a source for this wealth of predictive information, which may or may not actually exist, especially if MS is reluctant to offer up those nuggets of gold to the gaming community in advance of it actually happening.
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:41
Oh boy, never played any of these, but still...
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:46
Marcos Aspira said:
It sets a dangerous precedent for Activision-made games.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:50
Quickdontdie said:
Marcos Aspira said:
With licensed games it's bound to happen eventually.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 06 January 17 at 03:55
zeldafanjtl said:
Quickdontdie said:
Marcos Aspira said:
With licensed games it's bound to happen eventually.
Especially Marvel.
WHITESOXFALIFE
Posted on 06 January 17 at 04:17, Edited on 06 January 17 at 04:17 by WHITESOXFALIFE
i want just to clear something up about these titles being removed... this was not xbox choice activision has taken them down from all digital store accross all platforms
FOKENWOLFEN
FOKENWOLFEN
Posted on 06 January 17 at 04:36, Edited on 06 January 17 at 04:37 by FOKENWOLFEN
MushaConvoy said:
punkyliar said:
Our Afflictions said:
How does this effect games that have been previously downloaded but aren't currently on a console? Will they disappear from our download history or be impossible to redownload?
That depends on the game. If you have purchased a game that has since been delisted, it may remain in your download history for you to redownload at any time. Unfortunately, some also take the other route and can never be redownloaded. As I don't own any of the above, I can't tell you whether you can redownload those titles or not.
I havent had any games delisted that I couldn't re-download from my history, it was just a real pain on the 360 to do it. I recently downloaded Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the 360, both were delisted years ago. You need to search through your history, which could be quite large. On the XB1, delisted games will still be ready to install.

The real problem on the 360 is if you pin any title that gets delisted, you can never remove the pin, likewise you can't pin any delisted titles for some reason. The former is definitely the worst of the two when you have a limit on your number of pins.
Actually if you read the ToS you will notice that at some point it states that Microsoft can erase content from your hard drive and that they can do it without previous notice or withouttelling you on your lifetime. And it also states that it is your responsibility to make backup of your downloaded content. Funny because there are no tools provided for such backup and one of the ways to actually do it properly will put you on infringement of the ToS.

Why I mention this? Because of Sega Rally Arcade (among others). I downloaded the demo and also bought the game on one of the sales. One day the game was nowhere to be found on my 360 (only used by me), Tried to download again and both the game and demo were (and are) nowhere to be found on my download history, from xbox.com or from the console's download history. But I still have the demo. And searching through my download history several titles and dlc are not recognized by the console, there is just one error message where a name is supposed to be displayed so I can re download whatever i bought that day. Lucky I have not erased anything besides some shi**y games that I completed.
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 06 January 17 at 04:42
xPut Name Herex said:
alklein92201 said:
Nothing I wanted, cool
TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan was really just a test to see if you were clinically insane, as wanting to buy it is one of the official presentations of the illness, so this is good news for you.
Haha. I probably won't even look at another TMNT after OOTS. That one was so painful it made my wife cry. Since I'm apparently a masochist, however, I did all I could in it before deleting it forever. F that game, with a huge capital F.
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
BonMatin265
Posted on 06 January 17 at 05:17
JumboWario said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
Spectra Achievements
shock I didn't even knew Spectra has been removed! I don't understand why, that was a nice game...
Our Afflictions
Posted on 06 January 17 at 05:46
Sicarius201 said:
JumboWario said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
Spectra Achievements
shock I didn't even knew Spectra has been removed! I don't understand why, that was a nice game...
Oddly it was apparently delisted and then relisted later.

Spectra (2016) Achievements
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 06 January 17 at 07:38
Our Afflictions said:
Sicarius201 said:
JumboWario said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
Spectra Achievements
Oddly it was apparently delisted and then relisted later.

Spectra (2016) Achievements
The originally publisher went bankrupt so it was relisted self published
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 06 January 17 at 08:12
WHITESOXFALIFE said:
i want just to clear something up about these titles being removed... this was not xbox choice activision has taken them down from all digital store accross all platforms
It's likely nobody's choice. Activision had a license agreement with the property holders, and it expired, so it's no longer allowed to sell the games.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 06 January 17 at 08:42
None of them are actually a great loss tbh.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 06 January 17 at 09:05
matdan said:
I got Battle LA when it relisted so nothing of value was lost. Not saying the game was good though
I enjoyed how short it was, which can't be in the games favour!
Phenix Nocturne
Posted on 06 January 17 at 09:09
why they can't make an announce before they delisted games?
NoApologies1988
Posted on 06 January 17 at 09:22
Fuck sake, more of this shit.

I just want notice, even a day would earn the devs at least a little money. It's just a huge fuck you to every gamer by closing it down. Just because I never bought it doesn't mean I wasn't going to buy it eventually.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
DeadlyName007
Posted on 06 January 17 at 09:46
Really saddened by the delisting of Grid and F1 2013, that means we won't see them BC at all. I woudl love F1 2010 and F1 2011 go BC, it would be fantastic!
Friggin Grease
Posted on 06 January 17 at 09:58
I picked up Turtles on sale. Guess I won't delete it now,
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.