Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] 'Tis the Season to be Delisted: More Xbox Games Removed from the Store

• matdanmatdan837,182
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 10:14
    Friggin Grease said:
    I picked up Turtles on sale. Guess I won't delete it now,
    You can delete it, unless they pull it entirely you can re-download it.
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 10:23
    wish i'd picked up battle los angeles. Got everything else pretty much... but still... i'm gonna work on Dirt 3 very soon and then Dirt Showdown.
    Estranged
  • ChuggyBeggsChuggyBeggs180,164
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 10:48
    So I've got Dirt3 on my 360 from GwG but not my One. Will I be able to get it on my One at any time or should I do that soon rather than later?
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,883,137
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 10:53
    I too have Dirt 3 on the 360, but the DLC is too expensive in total to allow me to start it. Was hoping for a sale.
    Legohead 1977
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4596,113
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:08
    As many times as Spider-Man 2 has been on sale, I was expecting it to be a GWG. Dirt 3 is a surprise too. At least most of these are available physically still, but it's amazing to me that they still aren't giving a warning when these are getting removed.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:15
    If they're getting delisted, why not put them on sale first. If they sell them for a couple of bucks each........
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:15
    Right. Well now I'm seeing the potential in which racing games available via Games on Demand & DLC for racing games seem to have limited time before they get removed due to licensing issues. Companies get permissions from other companies to advertise in the games. In addition there are car (& bike) companies that must hold a limited license before it expires and then it goes off the marketplace.

If you think about it we've lost a large handful of racing games such as...

Project Gotham Racing & PGR 4's DLC
    Blur
    Forza Motorsport 4 Porsche DLC
    Forza Horizon 1

No doubt the future will be these...

Forza Horizon 2
    Forza Motorsport 5
    Grid 2
    Grid Autosport
    MotoGP's
    SBK Superbikes
    Probably Ride

You get the picture. As for TMNT & Spiderman games = No surprise. You can still get Spiderman: Shattered Dimensons on demand at the moment. Think I'll need to look into buying the discs soon cause they will skyrocket in price due to rarity.

Lastly thanks for this PunkyLiar (Rebecca). I've been wanting to see the latest De-Listed titles. Your a legend.
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:19
    ChuggyBeggs said:
    So I've got Dirt3 on my 360 from GwG but not my One. Will I be able to get it on my One at any time or should I do that soon rather than later?
    Legohead 1977 said:
    I too have Dirt 3 on the 360, but the DLC is too expensive in total to allow me to start it. Was hoping for a sale.
    There is a GOTY Edition of Dirt 3 that has the DLC on it. It costs a bit but it's worth the price for the hassle.

It doesn't matter when you install it on the XBox One. If you put in the disc now it will just ask for update & info so take your time on it.

P.S: I was the one who filed a submission saying Zombie Apocalypse NDA has been de-listed. If you bave the game, you can still get the DLC if you still need it. But be quick.
  • QuickdontdieQuickdontdie1,822,089
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:30
    Fast and Furious: Showdown was also delisted, if anyone cares...
  • Play FitXRPlay FitXR402,245
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:31
    the only delisted game that you can't get from your download history (to my knowledge) is:

pirates vs. ninja dodgeball
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:37
    Our Afflictions said:
    Would be nice if they gave us some kind of warning... unless I missed one.

How does this effect games that have been previously downloaded but aren't currently on a console? Will they disappear from our download history or be impossible to redownload?
    Absolutely not! Games you buy from the store will always be in your download history regardless of it being removed from the store.

The only time you wouldn't be able to play the games you downloaded from the store, is when they have a complete server closure i.e. Warface, Ascend Hand of Kul, Doritos Crash Course 2, etc. Though ironically they would still be in your download history but unplayable.

Hope this helps with the confusion. toast
    Su
  • punkyliarpunkyliar237,541
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:50
    Quickdontdie said:
    punkyliar said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    How does this effect games that have been previously downloaded but aren't currently on a console? Will they disappear from our download history or be impossible to redownload?
    That depends on the game. If you have purchased a game that has since been delisted, it may remain in your download history for you to redownload at any time. Unfortunately, some also take the other route and can never be redownloaded. As I don't own any of the above, I can't tell you whether you can redownload those titles or not.
    Hey, Activision also removed the Wipeout series (all 4.) I submitted game info update but it doesn't seem like you guys are aware. Tis the season for delistings!
    I've added these and Fast & Furious. Thanks for the information!
  • punkyliarpunkyliar237,541
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 11:57
    halohogg said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    Would be nice if they gave us some kind of warning... unless I missed one.
    Can TA help us with a central Forum Post to identify impending delisting of games, and while you're at it, impending Game Server shutdowns?
    If we get advanced notice of delistings, we report it in a separate article. However, those occasions are incredibly rare, hence why you get articles like this one instead where we tell you about them after the fact.

As for the central hub about server closures and whatever advanced notice of delistings we do have, that sounds like an idea for the Site Wishlist Forum, although you may want to check whether somebody else has submitted the idea first.
  • RayvenMorriganaRayvenMorrigana1,331,225
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 12:17
    punkyliar said:
    Quickdontdie said:
    punkyliar said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    That depends on the game. If you have purchased a game that has since been delisted, it may remain in your download history for you to redownload at any time. Unfortunately, some also take the other route and can never be redownloaded. As I don't own any of the above, I can't tell you whether you can redownload those titles or not.
    Hey, Activision also removed the Wipeout series (all 4.) I submitted game info update but it doesn't seem like you guys are aware. Tis the season for delistings!
    Fast & Furious: Showdown is for the 360, not the One.
    I said hey listen to me, stay sane inside insanity <3
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 12:18
    well.. there goes the chance of GRID going on GWG or BC... roll
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • C0LOURMEGREYC0LOURMEGREY521,540
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 12:45
    punkyliar said:
    Quickdontdie said:
    punkyliar said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    Fast & furious is not Games on Demand only, You can buy it on disk
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 January 17 at 12:48
    battle los angeles was a pathetic game, it could have been better, more levels at least.
  • TheCharityGamerTheCharityGamer1,056,493
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 12:49
    THEY TOOK AWAY SPIDER-MAN GAMES!?!?!?!?

YOU SON OF A
    Founder of the BGLC
  • Aj6627Aj6627212,488
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,749,810
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 13:26
    C0LOURMEGREY said:
    punkyliar said:
    Fast & furious is not Games on Demand only, You can buy it on disk
    From the OP: "Of course, all of the games on the list below were also released on disc. If you missed out on these and still want to play them, you'll need to find a disc copy going forward. "
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.