Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] 'Tis the Season to be Delisted: More Xbox Games Removed from the Store

• Posted on 06 January 17 at 13:29
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    well.. there goes the chance of GRID going on GWG or BC... roll
    It already was GWG, I have it showing on X1 and never bought it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 January 17 at 13:31, Edited on 06 January 17 at 13:32 by
    mlkybrs r on me said:
    the only delisted game that you can't get from your download history (to my knowledge) is:

pirates vs. ninja dodgeball
    World Gone Sour
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,661,661
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 13:33
    Marcos Aspira said:
    FuzzedUpCookie said:
    well.. there goes the chance of GRID going on GWG or BC... roll
    It already was GWG, I have it showing on X1 and never bought it.
    That's Grid 2
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • JmoCoxJmoCox604,544
  • Dexter XBADexter XBA293,449
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 14:03
    Is the Complete Edition of Dirt 3 backwards compatible?
  • Goggs25Goggs251,869,629
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 14:07
    Scrapcan said:
    They should just give those games as part of GwG before delisting them. I would of not mind any of those.
    The only problem with that is you will need a credit card to download xbox 360 GwG on the xbox one or through xbox.com
    Goggs25
  • HermitXBHermitXB133,081
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 14:27, Edited on 06 January 17 at 14:35 by HermitXB
    Yet another kick in the teeth for an all digital future.

NoApologies1988 said:
    Fuck sake, more of this shit.

I just want notice, even a day would earn the devs at least a little money. It's just a huge fuck you to every gamer by closing it down. Just because I never bought it doesn't mean I wasn't going to buy it eventually.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
    It's very frustrating. I don't know how anyone can justify a future where games are only purchased digitally when stuff like this is still going on. Not even a bloody warning, hows that for a slap in the face for us gamers ?

In a few years time, the 360 store will probably be empty.
  • misfit119misfit1191,088,225
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 14:57
    Well, guess I'm getting Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 physically then. Dammit.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • KedrixKedrix262,827
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 15:26
    Well at least I got Axel and Pixel when they were practically giving it away ($1.99) in the September timeframe (hopefully it goes BC but I'm not counting on it). The other ones, I guess physical copy if I feel like it...though those weren't very good anyway.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • METALGAMER8METALGAMER8186,442
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 15:27
    Scrapcan said:
    They should just give those games as part of GwG before delisting them. I would of not mind any of those.
    That is a great idea. Even though I'm horrible at it, I'd love to be able to re-download Marvel vs Capcom 2.
    METALGAMER8
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 15:31
    man tmnt:mim isn't even a year old yet and they are delisting it. it's not that bad of a game and if you have friends to play with its actually quite fun for a time killer. tmnt:oots is by far the best tmnt game out to date imo. i was seriously just playing it yesterday because i love it. i'm really sorry to see these titles go (being a huge tmnt fan), but i have them already so not to worried and everything else is just whatevs.
    LordRaptor333
  • D1SCOD1SCO557,948
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 15:36
    Phew glad they didn't pull the Zombie Apocalypse DLC yet. That seems unusual to pull the game and forget the DLC but I'm not complaining.

Ordered a complete edition of Dirt 3 because it's cheaper than buying the DLC. Nothing else there I'd probably ever play and I have the Spidey games digitally already.
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 15:38
    What if it's a digital game that I've already purchased? Am I not able to redownload it still? So I've effectively been robbed...
  • Posted on 06 January 17 at 16:06
    Jonny V Centa said:
    What if it's a digital game that I've already purchased? Am I not able to redownload it still? So I've effectively been robbed...
    Of course you can download them still....you just can't purchase them anymore.
  • mizoreimizorei57,299
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 17:00
    I bet F1 2013 was delisted due the classic content (80s and 90s cars and tracks).
  • EddieM1974EddieM1974665,839
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 17:03
    For what it's worth Krinkle Krusher can't be bought anymore as well. It still shows on the marketplace but only as 'Not available '.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,640,050
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 17:16
    Trash game publishers. Their customer focus extends to separating us from our money and little else.
  • HaarbergerHaarberger147,259
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 17:20, Edited on 06 January 17 at 17:24 by Haarberger
    My greatest anxiety with Xbox One is the post spotlight of the system. what if one day in the next generation they remove the ability to install some or all of your physical copies, let alone and mostly the digital purchases.

Checking the 360 store it isn't unusual to have minor memories about certain titles that aren't there anymore, at the glimps of insanity I'm finding out about their existence only that they have been delisted, my point with this is that it goes by with an exaggerated silence, what if Microsoft sent out (user chosen) mail about upcoming delistings?
    As many others tell they earn extra charge for this, why would this be wrong at all? I assume that the license providers wants it quiet due to the fact that the game is still having the publishers title on it, but at least they earn a 1000 bucks or so.

To add among the worst examples of delistings there is "Crash Course 2".
    I have tried booting at random times since then due to "wishful" thinking from my part, now hearing about World Gone Sour etc it feels really uncomfortable.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar226,462
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 17:39
    EddieM1974 said:
    For what it's worth Krinkle Krusher can't be bought anymore as well. It still shows on the marketplace but only as 'Not available '.
    I've added this now. Many thanks!
  • CressyCressy244,432
    Posted on 06 January 17 at 17:40
    cry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.