Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] 'Tis the Season to be Delisted: More Xbox Games Removed from the Store

• Posted on 07 January 17 at 04:12
    I read the article and all the comments looking for a game called 'Tis the Season. I even searched for it. roll
  • ElyohElyoh927,211
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 08:19
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    I read the article and all the comments looking for a game called 'Tis the Season. I even searched for it. roll
    Don't do drugs, kids.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Julz D 01Julz D 01544,302
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 08:20
    FOKENWOLFEN said:
    MushaConvoy said:
    punkyliar said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    How does this effect games that have been previously downloaded but aren't currently on a console? Will they disappear from our download history or be impossible to redownload?
    That depends on the game. If you have purchased a game that has since been delisted, it may remain in your download history for you to redownload at any time. Unfortunately, some also take the other route and can never be redownloaded. As I don't own any of the above, I can't tell you whether you can redownload those titles or not.
    I havent had any games delisted that I couldn't re-download from my history, it was just a real pain on the 360 to do it. I recently downloaded Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the 360, both were delisted years ago. You need to search through your history, which could be quite large. On the XB1, delisted games will still be ready to install.

The real problem on the 360 is if you pin any title that gets delisted, you can never remove the pin, likewise you can't pin any delisted titles for some reason. The former is definitely the worst of the two when you have a limit on your number of pins.
    Actually if you read the ToS you will notice that at some point it states that Microsoft can erase content from your hard drive and that they can do it without previous notice or withouttelling you on your lifetime. And it also states that it is your responsibility to make backup of your downloaded content. Funny because there are no tools provided for such backup and one of the ways to actually do it properly will put you on infringement of the ToS.

Why I mention this? Because of Sega Rally Arcade (among others). I downloaded the demo and also bought the game on one of the sales. One day the game was nowhere to be found on my 360 (only used by me), Tried to download again and both the game and demo were (and are) nowhere to be found on my download history, from xbox.com or from the console's download history. But I still have the demo. And searching through my download history several titles and dlc are not recognized by the console, there is just one error message where a name is supposed to be displayed so I can re download whatever i bought that day. Lucky I have not erased anything besides some shi**y games that I completed.
    Damn ms legal fucked us all
  • x ALBANACH xx ALBANACH x325,865
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 11:54
    punkyliar said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    How does this effect games that have been previously downloaded but aren't currently on a console? Will they disappear from our download history or be impossible to redownload?
    That depends on the game. If you have purchased a game that has since been delisted, it may remain in your download history for you to redownload at any time. Unfortunately, some also take the other route and can never be redownloaded. As I don't own any of the above, I can't tell you whether you can redownload those titles or not.
    Uno (360) was delisted at the end of 2014 but is still available via my download history. Same with the original GTA:SA which was replaced by a different version.
  • Ste4Beer85Ste4Beer85642,612
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 11:56
    I Miss Warface, Would Off Loved It They Brought It Too XB1
  • ZenkotoZenkoto562,957
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 17:15
    I usually try to keep an eye on anything Marvel related as those seem to get delisted. Does anyone have any other games or licenses to be wary about? I don't want to miss out on games or dlc because they become delisted.
  • reforc3reforc31,089,788
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 19:15
    stebeer85 said:
    I Miss Warface, Would Off Loved It They Brought It Too XB1
    Ascend was nice too, eat little humans was the fun part of the first stage of the game
    @ReForce
  • Posted on 07 January 17 at 21:40
    Never got around to picking up Battle: Los Angeles, don't care for the others.
  • Strategy OneStrategy One680,538
    Posted on 07 January 17 at 22:51
    Anyone have Krinkle krusher and still able to download it? I really need that game...
  • ZenkotoZenkoto562,957
    Posted on 08 January 17 at 03:10
    The download for TMNT: Out of the Shadows can still be purchased on Gamestop's site.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj222,950
    Posted on 08 January 17 at 06:22
    DZLE said:
    The download for TMNT: Out of the Shadows can still be purchased on Gamestop's site.
    This is not entirely accurate. MS stopped making codes for most of their digital only games, so if you see a listing for one on GameStop it's usually just a credit of equal value so you can go buy the game yourself. Obviously it doesn't help if said game they give you the credit for is removed.
    It's funny that I saw your comment right before I was gonna go to the forum to warn people.
  • RegeRege644,816
    Posted on 02 August 20 at 08:33
    At the moment Dirt 3 is relisted and now available for $24.99.
    Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.