Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Most Exciting 2017 Games

AuthorMessage
Musikfreak007
Musikfreak007
Posted on 06 January 17 at 17:47
Mass Effect is definitely top for me. Been excited since I finished the latest installment all those years ago.
I was surprised it wasn't number 1, but with RDR it's totally fair to put it there.
I'll be getting ME:A day 1. I could be convinced to get RDR2 right away as well, we'll see what my friends are up at that time. Plenty of backlog to work at all times as you all know. dance
LuckyKant
LuckyKant
Posted on 06 January 17 at 18:16
RDR2 every day of the week.

Surprised no mention of FIFA 18.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 06 January 17 at 18:20
Outsider Fenix said:
WhyattThrash said:
Why bother with reporting tired old sequels when there are lots of promising NEW titles coming in 2017:

Cuphead
Shadow Tactics – Blades of the Shogun
The Other 99
The Surge
Vampyr
Call Of Cthulhu
Lol. Cup head coming out this year. That's cute.
Hey it might happen. Totally for real this time
KylKo
KylKo
Posted on 06 January 17 at 18:52
FightingMegaFoo said:
So I learned something new today. I thought Andromeda was our closest neighboring galaxy, but it is not. Not by a long shot. Turns out there are 36 galaxies closer to us than Andromeda, but Mass Effect: Canis Major Dwarf doesn't seem to be a cool title.
Andromeda is the closest to us out of the major galaxies (a distinction based on some set size or another). Another reason we hear about it is the prediction that it will collide with The Milky Way in 4 billion years, tearing both galaxies apart. I'm curious to see if this will factor into the game's story at all, at least figuratively in some sense.

In any case, that's my anticipated game of the year, but I hope to have time and cash enough for all of these.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 06 January 17 at 19:06
WhyattThrash said:
Why bother with reporting tired old sequels when there are lots of promising NEW titles coming in 2017:

Cuphead
The Other 99
The Surge
Vampyr
Call Of Cthulhu
These are highly anticipated titles. Not ones that have potential but not hype!
True Marvellous
True Marvellous
Posted on 06 January 17 at 19:09
WhyattThrash said:

Cuphead
The Other 99
The Surge
Vampyr
Call Of Cthulhu
Totally agree, this site gets further out of touch with what it was originally day day as it panders to the so call cut and paste big boys.

The indie revelution is where all the excitment in gaming is not this sequel driven drivel.
Check out True Tube for all the latest Xbox One Indie Games Reviews https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
is that Hydro
is that Hydro
Posted on 06 January 17 at 19:23, Edited on 06 January 17 at 19:23 by is that Hydro
The HYPE is definitely real this year!!!
A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
WhyattThrash
WhyattThrash
Posted on 06 January 17 at 19:31
Eurydace said:
WhyattThrash said:

Cuphead
The Other 99
The Surge
Vampyr
Call Of Cthulhu
These are highly anticipated titles. Not ones that have potential but not hype!
The title of the article is "Most exciting games". I'd hardly call a bunch of cookie cutter sequels exciting, but to each their own I guess.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 06 January 17 at 19:33
True Marvellous said:
WhyattThrash said:

Cuphead
The Other 99
The Surge
Vampyr
Call Of Cthulhu
Totally agree, this site gets further out of touch with what it was originally day day as it panders to the so call cut and paste big boys.

The indie revelution is where all the excitment in gaming is not this sequel driven drivel.
I deliberately went for the biggest titles coming this year. They are the most hyped. This isn't my personal list of most anticipated, though I am the author. Look at my recent blog post and you'll see I'm a huge fan of indies.
TheTailsEffect
Posted on 06 January 17 at 19:37, Edited on 06 January 17 at 19:42 by TheTailsEffect
Except Mass Effect: Andromeda isn't really a sequel , in a timeline sense sure, but it's NOT the same story or characters - Bioware have done all they can to distance from the original trilogy - Judging by all the changes made I'd sure be reluctant to call it 'Cookie Cutter'.

Also, a lot of people clearly love these franchises, who're you to say there's no excitement to be found or that gaming is becoming lazy? Speak your mind, say how you feel, but don't start bashing people for loving a franchise that you feel is 'tired' or 'cut and paste'. roll

Excited for Crackdown, ME:A and Vampyr especially, and Resident Evil 7 as a special mention clap
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 06 January 17 at 20:24
On this list, Andromeda & RDR2 sound exciting. Hopefully RDR2 doesn't just become RDR Online roll
'Member? WickedDeath : "That used car salesman Larry herb will be saying what an amazing deal it is..."
CRISTIAMUZ
CRISTIAMUZ
Posted on 06 January 17 at 20:27
Red Dead 2, yes yes.
Twitch.Tv/Zemidek
Yinga Garten
Yinga Garten
Posted on 06 January 17 at 20:30
Zheros 2 dropping before end of the year supposedly, most excited for that.
s3bb86
s3bb86
Posted on 06 January 17 at 20:46
Necromorph11 said:
i don't get hyped often but i'll make an exception for mass effect andromeda and CD project red's Cyberpunk if its scheduled for a 2017 release
CD project is so much on my good-guys-side now after Witcher 3 and those two fantastic dlcs. To this day I never heard of cyberpunk, but I instantly want it.

ME: Andromeda for me for sure. Can't wait what bioware has in store for us.
Bayern Munich Supporter and NBA Junkie
Daelus1
Daelus1
Posted on 06 January 17 at 20:59, Edited on 06 January 17 at 21:00 by Daelus1
RDR is my fav game all-time yet I don't think they can capture that same magic again...hoping I am wrong.

Bioware needs to show me that they have returned to making games full-time.

Only game I am really excited for this year (that I know of) is State of Decay 2.....the first one shocked with me with how good a survival game could be when mixed with limited RPG elements.
ARK Nocturnus
ARK Nocturnus
Posted on 06 January 17 at 21:21
I'm really looking forward to Sea Of Thieves. Rare has never failed to impress me in matters of gameplay. Plus its a new title, it deserves some respect in a generation where all you can find are sequels or prequels.
Oriole2682
Oriole2682
Posted on 06 January 17 at 21:26
is that Hydro said:
The HYPE is definitely real this year!!!
Is that Hydro Thunder Hurricane 2?
BAMMphil
BAMMphil
Posted on 06 January 17 at 22:37
Read Dead, awwww yis !
matdan
matdan
Posted on 06 January 17 at 22:45
Battlefront II already exists. wink

I would exchange EA's BFII for Crackdown 3. Unless EA BFII has Clone Wars, more content, a story-mode, Galactic Conquest, Hero Blast, larger player-count with AI, better support and better communication with the community it won't do well.

Assassin's Creed would have to really change to sell well after the rough few years the series has had. AC Unity was a mess and AC Syndicate only did well because it was an improvement on AC Unity. I doubt another AC game would sell well unless they took the time to iron out all the flaws, made the modern plot decent again, made the historic plot interesting with interesting characters like Brotherhood had and had a better combat/stealth system.

Read Dead 2 is the only game that looks hype-worthy, as long as R* greed doesn't turn it into a money sink.
aka Kryptonian
Posted on 06 January 17 at 22:58
I just bought Red Dead Revolver on PS4 so hopefully I can get through the first two Red Dead games before RDR2 releases. With Andromeda releasing in a couple months I really need to get through the Mass Effect trilogy pronto.
Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.