Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Most Exciting 2017 Games

AuthorMessage
misfit119
866,644
misfit119
Posted on 07 January 17 at 21:53
Shinnizle said:
misfit119 said:
I honestly just wish we could get an actual Resident Evil game at this point as opposed to Capcom jumping on whatever gimmick is more popular at the moment. We had Resident Evil 4 which was fine but since then it's just been stupid gimmick after stupid gimmick. Let's do co-op! Let's do Left 4 Dead but with a dumb story! Let's do Gears of War with Chris! Hey people actually liked Revelations, let's change up the formula to some crappy local co-op game! Yay! Oh people are jumping on the train of these first person jump-scare-a-thon's? Well gents I guess we have our new gimmick!

Speaking as someone who loved RE even through some of these stupid gimmicks: Just... just stop. Please.
I may be in the minority, but in my opinion, co-op is the best thing that happened to Resident Evil.
I actually enjoy the co-op Resident Evil stuff a lot actually but only when it's in a decent game. That's been somewhat lacking past 5. To me it just seems that the developers have absolutely no idea how to make a Resident Evil game at this point. It's like they lost Shinji Mikami and couldn't figure out what he did that made these games fun. So they ran with it for RE5, were somewhat okay and then decided "Co-op action movies! That's it!" Then when that failed in 6 they're like "Okay what do the kids like today?" And that's how we get RE games apparently.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Gt 302 Boss
133,136
Gt 302 Boss
Posted on 07 January 17 at 22:45
Bull crap 💩.. My list in order is
1. Injustice 2
2. Resident evil 7
3. Battlefront 2
4. Halo wars 2
5. Scale bound
ukinspro
1,224,572
ukinspro
Posted on 08 January 17 at 00:33
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
Its funny that the number 1 pick is from the number 1 overrated developer in the business

laugh In your opinion.
and who's opinion were you expecting him to put? This whole site is full of opinions, what's your point?
LuckyKant
443,873
LuckyKant
Posted on 08 January 17 at 00:43
ukinspro said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
Its funny that the number 1 pick is from the number 1 overrated developer in the business

laugh In your opinion.
and who's opinion were you expecting him to put? This whole site is full of opinions, what's your point?
He stated it as though it was a fact, not an opinion.
Hanx
683,352
Hanx
Posted on 08 January 17 at 01:32, Edited on 08 January 17 at 01:33 by Hanx
ArkhmInmate0801 said:
Hanx said:
What about the new Call of Duty?
laugh
Why is the mention of a Call of Duty funny? Oh I see, another hipster. It's the cool thing to hate on CoD. shock
Eurydace
493,750
Eurydace
Posted on 08 January 17 at 02:26
Why on earth would you think the new Call of Duty will be remotely good?
misfit119
866,644
misfit119
Posted on 08 January 17 at 03:34, Edited on 08 January 17 at 03:35 by misfit119
ukinspro said:
and who's opinion were you expecting him to put? This whole site is full of opinions, what's your point?
There are a number of people on the internet at large, but a few here, who think that every time you post something you should immediately add the disclaimer: This post represents an opinion. It may not be a fact but it is my opinion. Please don't respond with pedantic phrases like "That's just your opinion" to this post. It is just an opinion, do not be intimidated by it. It in no way invalidates your own opinions even if they're dumb.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Heartagram07
517,467
Heartagram07
Posted on 08 January 17 at 05:27
Pretty excited for Mass Effect to come out! smile
Blue n Gold Eel
Posted on 08 January 17 at 05:49
LuckyConquerer2 said:
ukinspro said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
Its funny that the number 1 pick is from the number 1 overrated developer in the business

laugh In your opinion.
and who's opinion were you expecting him to put? This whole site is full of opinions, what's your point?
He stated it as though it was a fact, not an opinion.
Of course it's my opinion, and nowhere did i say it way a fact, the only fact here is you making a mountain out of a molehill, build a bridge and get over it laugh
What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
Drachen77
251,066
Drachen77
Posted on 08 January 17 at 06:17
DEATH CODE45709 said:
That would be good if it came out in my lifetime at least and a new tool album
I'm fairly convinced we will never see another Tool album.
Olimite
362,360
Olimite
Posted on 08 January 17 at 10:07
So. Many. Sequels.

I hope 2017 gives us more originality but I fear that will be solely restricted to ID@XBOX games.
bennjjee
281,047
bennjjee
Posted on 08 January 17 at 11:14
I'm looking forward to:

Tacoma
Below
Cuphead
Sea of Thieves
K1NG StyleZ
617,036
K1NG StyleZ
Posted on 08 January 17 at 12:26
Is Borderlands 3 not comming in 2017?
Or 2018 ? Ahh I dont no but Borderlands 3 redface
I WILL PLAY IT NOW!
LuckyKant
443,873
LuckyKant
Posted on 08 January 17 at 12:28
Blue n Gold Eel said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
ukinspro said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
Its funny that the number 1 pick is from the number 1 overrated developer in the business

laugh In your opinion.
and who's opinion were you expecting him to put? This whole site is full of opinions, what's your point?
He stated it as though it was a fact, not an opinion.
Of course it's my opinion, and nowhere did i say it way a fact, the only fact here is you making a mountain out of a molehill, build a bridge and get over it laugh
And I laugh at your opinion. I have never heard anyone except you call them over rated, so your opinion is a joke. Opinions without anything to back them up are worthless.
scotwolf2
982,846
scotwolf2
Posted on 08 January 17 at 14:33
Drachen77 said:
DEATH CODE45709 said:
That would be good if it came out in my lifetime at least and a new tool album
I'm fairly convinced we will never see another Tool album.
i'm sure my mrs got a naughty calendar named this for xmaslaugh
Archeim
352,838
Archeim
Posted on 08 January 17 at 14:42
I want Phantom Dust... so bad.

I think the 1st person view will keep me from buying RE 7.

And some decent JRPG's would be nice, but not holding my breath.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 January 17 at 14:54
i sincerely hate this crap, this happens with movies, games and all sorts of stuff, they call everything the game of the year or movie of the year and the year has barely started, its so annoying.
LuckyKant
443,873
LuckyKant
Posted on 08 January 17 at 15:01
XPhiles in IA said:
i sincerely hate this crap, this happens with movies, games and all sorts of stuff, they call everything the game of the year or movie of the year and the year has barely started, its so annoying.
They have not called it GOTY. Read it again.
misfit119
866,644
misfit119
Posted on 08 January 17 at 17:39
Eurydace said:
Why on earth would you think the new Call of Duty will be remotely good?
Some people are eternal optimists. Ya know, like the author putting Resident Evil 7 on there. wink

Blue n Gold Eel said:
Of course it's my opinion, and nowhere did i say it way a fact, the only fact here is you making a mountain out of a molehill, build a bridge and get over it laugh
Don't engage the troll. Trust me, it won't go anywhere.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 08 January 17 at 18:44
misfit119 said:
Eurydace said:
Why on earth would you think the new Call of Duty will be remotely good?
Some people are eternal optimists. Ya know, like the author putting Resident Evil 7 on there. wink
This isn't my personal list. It's just a reflection of which titles have tons of hype around them, and even then it's not a complete list.

I will say, however, that the move to first-person horror is a good thing for the series. Remove the perception of Capcom chasing trends again. Ultimately that doesn't matter if it's a good game. First-person horror has been awesome lately with Outlast, SOMA, Amnesia, even lesser known titles like Kholat and Asemblance. From what I'm hearing, RE7 looks bad and is held back to make it VR capable, but we'll see. Either way, I don't think the first-person view will have anything to do with the game sucking and could be a big reason it's good.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.