AuthorMessage
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 08 January 17 at 19:21, Edited on 08 January 17 at 19:57 by Wyyvern
Mod edit: Removed reply to deleted post

N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
misfit119 said:
Eurydace said:
Why on earth would you think the new Call of Duty will be remotely good?
Some people are eternal optimists. Ya know, like the author putting Resident Evil 7 on there. wink
This isn't my personal list. It's just a reflection of which titles have tons of hype around them, and even then it's not a complete list.
Ah, no worries my friend. That comment was really just me joking and not criticizing personal choices if any at all were being expressed.

N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
I will say, however, that the move to first-person horror is a good thing for the series. Remove the perception of Capcom chasing trends again. Ultimately that doesn't matter if it's a good game. First-person horror has been awesome lately with Outlast, SOMA, Amnesia, even lesser known titles like Kholat and Asemblance. From what I'm hearing, RE7 looks bad and is held back to make it VR capable, but we'll see. Either way, I don't think the first-person view will have anything to do with the game sucking and could be a big reason it's good.
This comment makes sense and lines up with my way of thinking most of the time. Really though for me, my big problem is that when Capcom chases trends we don't get good games. We get okay games (RE: REV2), terri-bad games (RE6) and go die in a fire (RE:ORC) games. It's not like they're a company that sees someone else make something, thinks to themselves "I can do that better" and then does. They try it, they face plant and then try a new one next time.

But even providing the benefit of the doubt. Even if the game does somehow prove to be an amazing, at that point is it even a Resident Evil game? I mean if you made an open world game in the vein of vein of Skyrim, removed all references to the original setting and then slapped "Legend of Zelda" on it, would that be a good Zelda game? For me, I tend not to think so. It makes me think back to Devil May Cry and how it began life as an attempt at Resident Evil 4. If they had kept it in the Resident Evil universe and you weren't half-demon but a BoW of some sort who healed with green herbs instead of vital starts, would that have made a good Resident Evil game? These are the sorts of things that go through my brain hole when I'm reading these news stories.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 08 January 17 at 19:24
Play nice you guys.
The strongest stars have hearts of Kyber.
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 08 January 17 at 20:57
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
ukinspro said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
Its funny that the number 1 pick is from the number 1 overrated developer in the business

laugh In your opinion.
and who's opinion were you expecting him to put? This whole site is full of opinions, what's your point?
He stated it as though it was a fact, not an opinion.
Of course it's my opinion, and nowhere did i say it way a fact, the only fact here is you making a mountain out of a molehill, build a bridge and get over it laugh
And I laugh at your opinion. I have never heard anyone except you call them over rated, so your opinion is a joke. Opinions without anything to back them up are worthless.
Rockstar is insanely overrated.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 08 January 17 at 21:17
Cemetery Girls said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
Its funny that the number 1 pick is from the number 1 overrated developer in the business.
Rockstar is insanely overrated.
It's actually kind of interesting. Rockstar makes some high quality games in general but the specific details of them can be insanely off-putting. Like GTA4 is a pretty damn good game all around but I find it near unplayable due to the wonky driving and the constant phone calls from your idiot acquaintances. Red Dead Redemption is a damn fine game experience but I find the story to be ham fisted and your main character kind of useless. It's been like this since San Andreas where they make a high quality product but there always seems to be one or two insanely divisive things about the games that make people lash out at them.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Blue n Gold Eel
Posted on 08 January 17 at 22:43
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
ukinspro said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Blue n Gold Eel said:
Its funny that the number 1 pick is from the number 1 overrated developer in the business

laugh In your opinion.
and who's opinion were you expecting him to put? This whole site is full of opinions, what's your point?
He stated it as though it was a fact, not an opinion.
Of course it's my opinion, and nowhere did i say it was a fact, the only fact here is you making a mountain out of a molehill, build a bridge and get over it laugh
And I laugh at your opinion. I have never heard anyone except you call them over rated, so your opinion is a joke. Opinions without anything to back them up are worthless.
Just from a quick google search, and on the GTA forums to.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/739494-do-you-believe-rockstar-is...

So 43 people, just over 25% think that they are overrated 168 votes in total, and while 75% think they aren't doesn't make my opinion or anyone elses worthless.

If you want to keep going down this route then by all means go for it, in the end you're the only one who will look even more stupid then what you are looking now.

Don't like my opinion, then that's ok, i'm sorry i hurt your feelings by calling a company you love overrated, but like i said build a bridge and get over it. Have a nice day smile
What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
OfficerBarbrady
Posted on 08 January 17 at 23:07
Scalebound and Yooka Laylee are my most hyped games of 2017 on Xbox, while Nier Automata is my most hyped overall.
S. A. W. F. T. SAWWWWWWFT
kiwi
kiwi
Posted on 08 January 17 at 23:37
Read Dead 2 or Halo Wars 2. The new Mass Effect sounds cool too.
EaseAndInspire
Posted on 09 January 17 at 02:15
Eurydace said:
Why on earth would you think the new Call of Duty will be remotely good?
Cause the majority have been so far? Durp
Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
RDS
RDS
Posted on 09 January 17 at 03:51
FightingMegaFoo said:
So I learned something new today. I thought Andromeda was our closest neighboring galaxy, but it is not. Not by a long shot. Turns out there are 36 galaxies closer to us than Andromeda, but Mass Effect: Canis Major Dwarf doesn't seem to be a cool title.
Note that the Andromeda galaxy is actually travelling towards the Milky Way smile
RDS
RDS
Posted on 09 January 17 at 03:59, Edited on 09 January 17 at 04:02 by RDS
RDR2 looks definitely interesting, Mass Effect: Andromeda.... maybe after finishing the trilogy, Sea of Thieves (if done right) is a game I see myself having a blast in.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks cool as well, but will probably have a 2018/2019 release. If it's what I hope it is (RPG like The Witcher 3, but with a Deus Ex style to put it crudely), that's gonna be a real treat for me.

DLC-wise? Multicrew and full-on contact with aliens in Elite: Dangerous and more maps, modes and characters for Overwatch. These two games grabbed me more firmly than a Roadhog hook laugh
Corrupt XBA
Corrupt XBA
Posted on 09 January 17 at 11:11
"Threequel" is not a word...
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 09 January 17 at 11:36
Yooka Layle and Cuphead
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 09 January 17 at 11:55
Corrupt XBA said:
"Threequel" is not a word...
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/threequel
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 09 January 17 at 15:37
OfficerBarbrady said:
Scalebound and Yooka Laylee are my most hyped games of 2017 on Xbox, while Nier Automata is my most hyped overall.
Nier Automata is also my most anticipated game of the year. Shame it isn't on Xbox.
ChadMarc
ChadMarc
Posted on 09 January 17 at 18:25
Looking forward to re7, but gonna get it on ps4 so I can play it in vr.
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 09 January 17 at 20:57
South Park Fractured But Whole
New Assassin's Creed
Red Dead 2
Mass Effect Andromeda

Those are the games that are catching my eye off the top of my head. As for games that I wish for...a Final Fantasy complete edition (would be completely beyond sweet), but that will probably never happen. Since the "collection" thing has become the thing to do the past year or so (Halo, bioshock, Assassin's Creed, TellTale, etc), it would be sweet if they could pull something like that off.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 January 17 at 00:22
LuckyConquerer2 said:
XPhiles in IA said:
i sincerely hate this crap, this happens with movies, games and all sorts of stuff, they call everything the game of the year or movie of the year and the year has barely started, its so annoying.
They have not called it GOTY. Read it again.
i think you missed my point, i never said it was called game of the year, but it is in the most exciting category....how do we know?
EaseAndInspire
Posted on 10 January 17 at 01:02
XPhiles in IA said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
XPhiles in IA said:
i sincerely hate this crap, this happens with movies, games and all sorts of stuff, they call everything the game of the year or movie of the year and the year has barely started, its so annoying.
i think you missed my point, i never said it was called game of the year, but it is in the most exciting category....how do we know?
What are you even saying?
Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
a44Special
a44Special
Posted on 10 January 17 at 01:21
RE7
Mass Effect
Red dead redemption 2

defiantly a good list this year
All gave some, some gave all.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 January 17 at 00:12
EaseAndInspire said:
XPhiles in IA said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
XPhiles in IA said:
What are you even saying?
nothing at this point. if you dont get it, you wont get it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.