The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: January 10th, 2017

AuthorMessage
Korean Jesus IX
Posted on 11 January 17 at 11:54
Nothing for me this week. My backlog appreciates this.
DeviSlator
DeviSlator
Posted on 11 January 17 at 12:43
Fantastic! Finally something I want. Had my eye on Tropico series for a while
Lethal Hunter
Lethal Hunter
Posted on 11 January 17 at 13:05
Ginger has been patched, 12 have finished the game.
paramoreRyan
paramoreRyan
Posted on 11 January 17 at 13:08
Lethal Hunter said:
It's discontinued, not unobtainable. Which means it was available at one point but is no longer. From reading the solution it seems a patch broke one of the achievements.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 11 January 17 at 13:10, Edited on 11 January 17 at 13:11 by ChewieOnIce
Lethal Hunter said:
They completed it before a patch that broke an achievement, making it now uncompletable. Hence Discontinued rather than Unobtainable.

Edit: Ninjad
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
aka Kryptonian
Posted on 11 January 17 at 16:05
Kanchanaburi said:
MS should have a huge SPRING DLC sale, where only DLC is on sale!
That would be great! Now if only these weekly sales would contain something that interests me that I don't already own...
Pretend inferiority and encourage their arrogance.
ALollz
ALollz
Posted on 11 January 17 at 17:22
aka Kryptonian said:
Kanchanaburi said:
That would be great! Now if only these weekly sales would contain something that interests me that I don't already own...
I wish DLC would get permanent price reductions more often. It's idiotic that a game like Fallout New Vegas is $14.99 but all of the DLC is still $10 each
KrispyKr1tter66
Posted on 11 January 17 at 17:32
C'mon harmonix sell the rivals by itself... What's the point of picking up the bundle if I can't do anything with the physical disc afterwards and pay $11 more dollars to have it digitally?
Psychotic Sully
Posted on 11 January 17 at 17:45, Edited on 11 January 17 at 17:47 by Psychotic Sully
v CARRNAGE said:
What's with these sales for Xbox 360 only being one game series?
They're probably going to be taken down from the store soon. Think of all the articles that have been out recently regarding delisted dlc and games. Sooner or later you'll understand that 360 marketplace won't be around for much longer.

toast
Su
TearsOfAClown9
Posted on 11 January 17 at 18:03
This probably hasn't been mentioned before by anyone but I'd really like a big sale on DLC. smile
codysegraves
codysegraves
Posted on 11 January 17 at 21:16
Tanelorn82 said:
Always wanted to try Tropico. Which one should I get ? 3 or 4 as they're dirt cheap.
I played both on the PC, but 4 won my heart and most of my time. 3 was a casual distraction for me, a thing to fuck around on after work. 4 got me pretty hooked and I played it more seriously and obsessively. I'd say go with 4- everything's smoother and the UI is sooooo much better.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 12 January 17 at 05:03
Hmm never played Tropico or any game similar to it, may pick up all three. 3000 gs for under $10 with an average of 20 hour completion times each seems like a good deal to me.
The Globalizer
Posted on 12 January 17 at 06:34
codysegraves said:
Tanelorn82 said:
Always wanted to try Tropico. Which one should I get ? 3 or 4 as they're dirt cheap.
I played both on the PC, but 4 won my heart and most of my time. 3 was a casual distraction for me, a thing to fuck around on after work. 4 got me pretty hooked and I played it more seriously and obsessively. I'd say go with 4- everything's smoother and the UI is sooooo much better.
Yeah, 4 (with the DLC) is an excellent entry point to the series.
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 12 January 17 at 19:52
Kanchanaburi said:
+1 Brilliant idea!
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 13 January 17 at 03:10
Spilner said:
Proscaline said:
Most pain free way to get Saints Row (AU) when I'm in America?
Ive already got AU billing on my account so I cant remember how it got on there exactly but I think its from a GwG game I got from AU, it'll just ask for an address (I googled one) when you try to make a purchase and then last night I bought one of these $15 gift cards and added it at checkout. All done through the xbox website but it would work through the console too.

You will likely need to change your console's location to Australia in your settings to initiate the download after purchase but once its going you're free to swap back.

Wont be able to by many games with the left over $ but maybe some cheap DLC or a small game, I bought Snooker Nation Championship Achievements
Worked perfectly. Thanks.
PARAcain
PARAcain
Posted on 13 January 17 at 23:11
Picked up Binaries
~ King Para
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.