Game Discussion: Dark Souls (PC) Forum

coop to get the 1000

AuthorMessage
SPARTAN FITZY
SPARTAN FITZY
Posted on 16 January 17 at 04:31
i will be getting this on Wednesday and would love to get some help on it to make it that bit easier i have already got the 1000 out of the 360 version want to get this one done as well just want to make it faster by sharing boss souls and weapons slabs and all that
Bad boy fitzy1
Living Legends
Posted on 16 January 17 at 04:34
When I did this the second time around it took me less than forty hours to do everything. I unfortunately can not help since I now use the steam version of the game and my save got corrupted.

There's two ways to go about it, sorcery or using a halberd from a great knight. I went with sorcery and just wrecked everything with fire and spells.
Napathanes
Napathanes
Posted on 16 January 17 at 13:22
bad boy fitzy1 said:
i will be getting this on Wednesday and would love to get some help on it to make it that bit easier i have already got the 1000 out of the 360 version want to get this one done as well just want to make it faster by sharing boss souls and weapons slabs and all that
Are you getting the GFWL disc version or the Steam version?
SPARTAN FITZY
SPARTAN FITZY
Posted on 18 January 17 at 01:09
Napathanes said:
bad boy fitzy1 said:
i am getting the gfwl edition for the gamer score i have it on steam but not interested in the achievements on that one lol
Bad boy fitzy1
ConveyedPaper
ConveyedPaper
Posted on 18 January 17 at 14:51
sorry to burst your bubble bad boy but there is no online for dark souls pc you can only get the achievements offline
Napathanes
Napathanes
Posted on 18 January 17 at 19:18
bad boy fitzy1 said:
Napathanes said:
bad boy fitzy1 said:
i am getting the gfwl edition for the gamer score i have it on steam but not interested in the achievements on that one lol
Just to let you know when you install the GFWL disc Verizon of Dark Souls and sign into GFWL the game will tell you there is an update for Dark Souls. DO NOT UPDATE the game as this update breaks the game and you will not be able to run it. You will have to play the game in offline mode and sync it with another GFWL game in order for the achievements to register on your gamer tag. There will be no time stamps.
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 18 April 17 at 12:29
Napathanes said:
bad boy fitzy1 said:
Napathanes said:
bad boy fitzy1 said:
Just to let you know when you install the GFWL disc Verizon of Dark Souls and sign into GFWL the game will tell you there is an update for Dark Souls. DO NOT UPDATE the game as this update breaks the game and you will not be able to run it. You will have to play the game in offline mode and sync it with another GFWL game in order for the achievements to register on your gamer tag. There will be no time stamps.
how do I implement games for windows live offline, with my profile in! I can not, I do not have the physical version, my friend have spent the game in my usb
Halo tmcc 100% :)
Napathanes
Napathanes
Posted on 19 April 17 at 12:03, Edited on 19 April 17 at 12:05 by Napathanes
GYS GHOST said:
how do I implement games for windows live offline, with my profile in! I can not, I do not have the physical version, my friend have spent the game in my usb
If the version of the game on your friends USB is the GFWL version. When you installed the game GFWL will be installed with the game. If you already have the GFWL Client installed, when you run the game GFWL will ask you to sign in. When you do this the GFWL client will tell you that an update is available. DO NOT INSTALL. Since you do not install the update you will not be able to sign into live. The Dark Souls game itself will then tell you that the game will start in offline mode. You can then play the game offline and pop achievements and then sync with another GFWL game that does connect to live, so that your gamerscore updates albeit without timestamps for the achievements.
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 20 April 17 at 05:23
Napathanes said:
GYS GHOST said:
If the version of the game on your friends USB is the GFWL version. When you installed the game GFWL will be installed with the game. If you already have the GFWL Client installed, when you run the game GFWL will ask you to sign in. When you do this the GFWL client will tell you that an update is available. DO NOT INSTALL. Since you do not install the update you will not be able to sign into live. The Dark Souls game itself will then tell you that the game will start in offline mode. You can then play the game offline and pop achievements and then sync with another GFWL game that does connect to live, so that your gamerscore updates albeit without timestamps for the achievements.
Yeaah thank you so much!
Halo tmcc 100% :)
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 21 April 17 at 05:19, Edited on 14 May 17 at 10:57 by Sabin VI
So does anybody know what causes all this? because last time i checked i was still able to sign in to GFWL using my Steam Copy ( I never downloaded the Steamworks Update)

Edit: Nevermind my Steam copy of Dark Souls can't connect to live anymore shock

Error: 0x80151906

Edit2: Looks like it was just a Temporarily issue because i'm able to sign in again and play Dark Souls ONLINE.. so Steam Copies STILL do WORK if you never happen to Downloaded the Steamwork Update of course you need to had the game installed BEFORE they patched out GFWL
OperativeEmeral
Posted on 05 May 17 at 19:17
SPARTAN FITZY said:
Get the Zweihander, wield it in both hands, upgrade it to +15. Carry the Grass Crest Shield on your back, wear Havel's Ring. You are now overpowered enough to kill end game bosses in less than 30 seconds. I killed Nito so fast he didn't get a chance to summon all his skeleton minions.
You ever wonder why we're here?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.