The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: January 17th, 2017

• rocking23nfrocking23nf671,263
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 15:49
    hmm buy Jurrasic park for 5 bucks, or save my cash because it screams games with gold in the coming months.

what a dilemma.
  • DoggyDog420DoggyDog4201,244,844
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 15:54
    Not sure how to add to a comment earlier but yes we need a REAL baseball game on XB1. RBI baseball blows bad. I thought that Microsoft bought the rights to High Heat Baseball from 3DO back in 2007. That was by far the best baseball franchise ever and they never did anything with it. Maybe I'm wrong but a shame if so.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,129,984
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:00, Edited on 17 January 17 at 16:00 by ChewieOnIce
    rocking23nf said:
    hmm buy Jurrasic park for 5 bucks, or save my cash because it screams games with gold in the coming months.

what a dilemma.
    It probably won't be GwG because it's only available in a very restricted set of regions
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • AgentZachMorganAgentZachMorgan2,371,324
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:00
    A pattern's beginning to emerge.... that pattern being shit.
    I came here to drink coffee and eat donuts, and I'm all out of donuts.
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:03
    the best 2 baseball games ever were

Base Wars - NES
    Baseball Stars - NES.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko339,010
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:07
    Oh look, another Artifex Mundi game I'll be buying smile.

Definitely getting the Omerta content and whatever Forza stuff I don't have, though I'm not sure about that Horn Accelerator. Maybe some of the 360 games, unless my GameStop has them in the bargain bin.
    "I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
  • Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:13
    This is the first sale I noticed for a XB1 Rocksmith, took them a while. I have 2013 and 2014 on xbox 360, but was hoping they would release a newer iteration on xb1.
  • drewby05drewby05380,298
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:19
    These are not dlc we are looking for.

thanks for posting Chewie.
  • mcnuggestsmcnuggests910,248
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:34
    How can one get Jurassic Park when you are not from the US?

I tried bypassing this via a VPN for the past hour but it does not work...
  • SirBaxter77SirBaxter77146,372
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:45
    speedygamers90 said:
    XBL GOAT said:
    For anyone temped by RBI Baseball 16, seriously don't buy it. The devs/publishers have been pushing out their shitty rehash since RBI Baseball 14 with virtually no changes since. If you want a baseball game, I would suggest Super Mega Baseball or wait for the second one. RBI Baseball is trash (coming from someone who put 100s of hours into RBI Baseball 15). We need a real baseball game for Xbox.
    Play MLB2K13 on 360. Newest and most legit baseball pro baseball game for xbox.
    For 2 years left crying for RBI Baseball 14 and 15 since they was not released in Europe. I was soo looking forward to 16 and preordered it, stayed up and waited for the release... and played it for exactly 2 minutes before just had to quit before I got an achievement. I have play some shity indie titles over the years, but that was awful! What a waste of MLB licens money! It would be greate if ANY of the 2K titles would go BC, but that wont happen. So, until then Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings will be by far the best baseball game to Xbox One, its a shame Sony is behind MLB the Show for Playstation.

I'll grab Back to the Future and maybe JP this week. Question: When we finally get some DLCs on sale, why is it always the crappy ones? If you want good deals on DLCs, then you just have to hold out for 6+ months and buy it all as a bundle - Or wait for it to become GwG and the just by the overpriced DLCs. Is that really what the publishers want? Does it hurt the profits that much? I am guessing microtransactions and DLCs are more or less the publishers bread and butter now a days, they can give away a $70 title but cant have a $5 discount on a $10 DLC.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 January 17 at 16:49
    More 360 games ready to be taken off the market place. Brace yourself boys, 360 era is coming to an end! laugh
    Su
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 17:00
    so can you not use microsoft cash to make a xbox 360 purchase on xbox.com website? just tried to buy Jurrasic Park and it wants to charge my credit card.
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 17:02
    rocking23nf said:
    so can you not use microsoft cash to make a xbox 360 purchase on xbox.com website? just tried to buy Jurrasic Park and it wants to charge my credit card.
    No you've only ever been able to use that through the console on 360 purchases
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 17:06
    ChewieOnIce said:
    rocking23nf said:
    No you've only ever been able to use that through the console on 360 purchases
    ahh that sucks, im heading to cuba for a week after work so no access to my 360 for a week.
  • dirtysock47dirtysock47447,962
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 17:27
    FH3 Car Pack looks aight, but I'll pass. C'mon M$, just do a DLC sale, especially for past GwG games.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV3,200,588
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 17:28
    SirBaxter77 said:
    speedygamers90 said:
    XBL GOAT said:
    For anyone temped by RBI Baseball 16, seriously don't buy it. The devs/publishers have been pushing out their shitty rehash since RBI Baseball 14 with virtually no changes since. If you want a baseball game, I would suggest Super Mega Baseball or wait for the second one. RBI Baseball is trash (coming from someone who put 100s of hours into RBI Baseball 15). We need a real baseball game for Xbox.
    Play MLB2K13 on 360. Newest and most legit baseball pro baseball game for xbox.
    For 2 years left crying for RBI Baseball 14 and 15 since they was not released in Europe. I was soo looking forward to 16 and preordered it, stayed up and waited for the release... and played it for exactly 2 minutes before just had to quit before I got an achievement. I have play some shity indie titles over the years, but that was awful! What a waste of MLB licens money! It would be greate if ANY of the 2K titles would go BC, but that wont happen. So, until then Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings will be by far the best baseball game to Xbox One, its a shame Sony is behind MLB the Show for Playstation.

I'll grab Back to the Future and maybe JP this week. Question: When we finally get some DLCs on sale, why is it always the crappy ones? If you want good deals on DLCs, then you just have to hold out for 6+ months and buy it all as a bundle - Or wait for it to become GwG and the just by the overpriced DLCs. Is that really what the publishers want? Does it hurt the profits that much? I am guessing microtransactions and DLCs are more or less the publishers bread and butter now a days, they can give away a $70 title but cant have a $5 discount on a $10 DLC.
    They seem to put the complete/gold editions on sale forcing you to buy/download the whole game a.k.a buy the game twice of pay full price for the dlc/season pass. Over the x-mas sale just cause 3, sunset overdrive complete/deluxe version were on sale but NONE of its dlc's which is all I want. I'm not paying for a game twice. Ms are just really tight with dlc sales I bet the debs have a say in it too
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic535,190
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 17:34
    Whoops. It somehow escape my notice that Omerta has DLC with achievements. Looks like I'll need to locate another copy.
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 17:46
    Cellar Attic said:
    Whoops. It somehow escape my notice that Omerta has DLC with achievements. Looks like I'll need to locate another copy.
    Or just get it for cheap now?
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,066,951
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 17:54
    I wish Jurassic Park was available in the U.K. cry
    Posted on 17 January 17 at 18:15, Edited on 17 January 17 at 18:15 by ChewieOnIce
    NawtyCawty said:
    I wish Jurassic Park was available in the U.K. cry
    Ditto cry cry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads