The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: January 17th, 2017

AuthorMessage
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 17 January 17 at 22:38, Edited on 17 January 17 at 22:41 by FightingMegaFoo
duke63031 said:
FightingMegaFoo said:
Dammit, Rebel Galaxy! It's now been more than an entire year since release. WhenTF is it going to go on sale!? angryangryangry
Yeah, that was free on PSN a month or two ago. A really fun game. I would play it again on Xbox for really cheap.
And it was less than $4 on Steam in December. But I like to play for Achievements, so hopefully it will eventually go on sale for Xbox. With my luck though it will never go on sale if I don't buy it, but will go on sale the next week if I do buy it at full price.
mda4life
mda4life
Posted on 17 January 17 at 22:54
speedygamers90 said:
XBL GOAT said:
For anyone temped by RBI Baseball 16, seriously don't buy it. The devs/publishers have been pushing out their shitty rehash since RBI Baseball 14 with virtually no changes since. If you want a baseball game, I would suggest Super Mega Baseball or wait for the second one. RBI Baseball is trash (coming from someone who put 100s of hours into RBI Baseball 15). We need a real baseball game for Xbox.
Play MLB2K13 on 360. Newest and most legit baseball pro baseball game for xbox.
I agree with RBI stinks and that is sad we do need a real baseball game. Sadly I will fire up 2K13 as that is still the one I play the most!
AndruwJones
AndruwJones
Posted on 17 January 17 at 22:58
Picked up Eventide and Jurassic Park. I may pick up back to the future for the easy completion...Didn't care for the movies though.
The Globalizer
Posted on 17 January 17 at 23:07
DEATH CODE45709 said:
How slavic is eventide?

I'll buy it I just worry its not slavic enough for me
Needs more tracksuits tbh
Deadsea 1993
Deadsea 1993
Posted on 17 January 17 at 23:22
I just got Jurassic Park and Back to the Future for 20$ each a month ago. I am now a huge Tell Tale fan and I wanted to play these old dead games. I've been saying this for the last few years, Microsoft needs to make monthly announcements on games that will be on sale for the week of the month. That's what they do in sales papers at Walmart, etc.

I'd say get both as easy achievements are a plus and both are great games. Well, Jurassic Park story wise is excellent, the game play is awful. Check out my review on it.

As a 360 only player, another terrible month and week for me. I'm hoping that Divinity 2, Gothic 4 and Two Worlds 2 eventually go on sale for $5 each. This month in gold, I couldn't care less about The Cave and Rayman.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 17 January 17 at 23:27
The Globalizer said:
DEATH CODE45709 said:
How slavic is eventide?

Haha now that made laugh
The Globalizer
Posted on 17 January 17 at 23:30
Deadsea 1993 said:
I've been saying this for the last few years, Microsoft needs to make monthly announcements on games that will be on sale for the week of the month. That's what they do in sales papers at Walmart, etc.
FWIW, won't happen, because Walmart buys wholesale and resells. Microsoft's digital sales are a sales channel for publishers. So Walmart can control this stuff more than MS can, MS probably has to arrange/clear it with publishers, etc.
JCDRANZER
JCDRANZER
Posted on 17 January 17 at 23:53
Can't you buy the Jurassic Park game through the Xbox One and just changing the locale to US?
FroZeNSouL
FroZeNSouL
Posted on 17 January 17 at 23:57, Edited on 17 January 17 at 23:59 by FroZeNSouL
Offer not available in your region
First time seen that happen, even though on US page.
Will getting a physical copy into the x1 work, or region blocked too?
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 18 January 17 at 00:00
Wow between Tropico last week and Omerta this week, I am definitely going to be able to get lots of "practice" for my software engineering project management class this semester dance
casa de morte
casa de morte
Posted on 18 January 17 at 00:05
Not sure how long I waited for Omerta's DLC to go on sale before just giving up hope and buying it for 10 bucks but now it is 2.49. I hate when that happens, hope is lost so I spend a lot more than I should because it seems something will never go on sale. This means Duke Nukem dlc will go on sale and all the XCOM and Enslaved dlcs, pretty much anything that I just folded and bought at full price.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 18 January 17 at 00:09
FroZeNSouL said:
Offer not available in your region
First time seen that happen, even though on US page.
Will getting a physical copy into the x1 work, or region blocked too?
It doesn't matter what region you set xbox.com to, as soon as you click purchase you are redirected to the region your account is in.

Xbox One is region free (except for China) so it will read NTSC, PAL and NTSC-J discs and allow you to download that version of the backward compatible game.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 18 January 17 at 00:18, Edited on 18 January 17 at 00:20 by HolyHalfDead
casa de morte said:
Not sure how long I waited for Omerta's DLC to go on sale before just giving up hope and buying it for 10 bucks but now it is 2.49. I hate when that happens, hope is lost so I spend a lot more than I should because it seems something will never go on sale. This means Duke Nukem dlc will go on sale and all the XCOM and Enslaved dlcs, pretty much anything that I just folded and bought at full price.
Take comfort that I also paid full price for the XCOM add-ons just before they were delisted. Waiting too long carries that risk and I would rather have bought it when I had the chance than hoped to save a few $$$ and missed it.

All Tropico, Port Royale and Omerta DLC was all slashed in price recently (HolyHalfDead's blog post - Recent Price Drops (Updated 16th January 2017)) and has now all been on sale. This could mean it is about to be delisted.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 18 January 17 at 01:01, Edited on 18 January 17 at 01:05 by HolyHalfDead
I found a few of the deals were added a little bit later this week, including:

Bound by Flame 75% off [BC]

also currently on sale

Vertical Drop Heroes HD 10% off until 17th February 2017
Uncanny Valley 20% off until 10th February 2017
Subterrain 20% off until 27th January 2017
The Sun and Moon 10% off until 27th January 2017
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition 63% off until 22nd January 2017

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
acedawg4
acedawg4
Posted on 18 January 17 at 02:13
Get your hot and fresh pile of crap here!!!
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 18 January 17 at 03:52
The Globalizer said:
DEATH CODE45709 said:
How slavic is eventide?

"Miami Wice! Number one, new show!"
zoidberg1339
zoidberg1339
Posted on 18 January 17 at 04:10
Finally gonna get Jurassic Park after all these years
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 18 January 17 at 04:16, Edited on 18 January 17 at 13:54 by MC PHILABUSTA
I'm also curious about the non chevo omerta dlc being worth it to pick up ?
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 18 January 17 at 05:50
The Globalizer said:
Deadsea 1993 said:
I've been saying this for the last few years, Microsoft needs to make monthly announcements on games that will be on sale for the week of the month. That's what they do in sales papers at Walmart, etc.
FWIW, won't happen, because Walmart buys wholesale and resells. Microsoft's digital sales are a sales channel for publishers. So Walmart can control this stuff more than MS can, MS probably has to arrange/clear it with publishers, etc.
It actually used to happen, a vast multitude of years ago (had to be at least 8 years ago, possibly slightly more). Major Nelson used to put up the current week's sale and the next week's sale, and even occasionally the month. Much like you guessed though, even back then it was a headache. Stuff for the future weeks was frequently being added to and subtracted from, and once an entire sale got pushed back a week. It wasn't worth the headache of shifting circumstances and they went to just the current deals after a couple months.
loadsmorewubwub
Posted on 18 January 17 at 09:33
HolyHalfDead said:
loadsmorewubwub said:
How would one go about get Jurassic park from UK digitally, I looked on google saw some bits but im guessing it's against Toc to use a foreign bill address? As it's very tempting at that price tbh. Just asking that's all.
witter56 said:
How can one get Jurassic Park when you are not from the US?

I tried bypassing this via a VPN for the past hour but it does not work...
A question that goes back over 11 years, but this is what you need to know if you are new to the Xbox 360 scene.

1. You can only buy Xbox 360 DLC (including GoD, XBLA, add-ons, themes, gamer pics, avatar items, demos and videos) from the region your Xbox Live account is set to. If you want the Gold discount, that account must obviously also be Gold. You can change your account region, but only once every three months.
2. You need a valid billing address in the region your Xbox Live account is set to. Whilst providing a fake billing address is against the ToS, Microsoft don't seem to mind as many people buy Japanese exclusive DLC from outside Japan without issue.
3. You can only buy Xbox 360 DLC from your Xbox 360 console if it matches the region of your console (NTSC, PAL, NTSC-J and 4 other regions), unless the DLC is region free. You will get as far as paying and then you will be told it is not compatible and they won't take your money.
4. You can only buy Xbox 360 DLC from your IP address if the DLC available from your region. You can use a VPN to bypass that restriction, but that is against the ToS.
5. You cannot buy Xbox 360 DLC through xbox.com without a valid payment method. Same applies to buying it through your Xbox One.

So if you want to buy it without a valid payment method through your Xbox 360, the first thing you need to find out is if it is compatible. There was a superb blog Wallace Suka's Blog and thread Games on Demand games that requires no VPN. about this, but if you can't find details there of the GoD you are interested in you will need to do your own research. Of course if it is backward compatible then it will almost certainly work on your Xbox One (games with server IP restrictions being one exception).

I also recommend you buy North American exclusive games like Jurassic Park from Canada and not the US, as Canada is usually far cheaper.

TL;DR buy the game on eBay
unfortunately it's the price for import that's the problem for me, saw the sale price and my mind was wondering, I've imported jp disc games because of bc before just kinda hoping there was a away to do it digitally with in the Toc but doesn't look like, thank you for the response, ps keep up your great work on your sales blog there great toast
Lifes bad deal with it and learn.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.