Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Neverwinter Double XP Event Live Soon

• KBop a dooKBop a doo349,480
  • Posted on 18 January 17 at 22:43
    The game is currently undergoing many bugs after Tuesday's update. I'm thinking about quitting. :(
  • MetaGameMetaGame487,885
    Posted on 18 January 17 at 23:20
    Anyone know if this would stack with the XP booster you'd get from the referral bonus on Xbox LIVE Rewards?
  • SaucyCooperSaucyCooper1,402,768
    Posted on 18 January 17 at 23:45
    MetaGame said:
    Anyone know if this would stack with the XP booster you'd get from the referral bonus on Xbox LIVE Rewards?
    The xp booster is usually a buff applied to your character and the double xp weekends buff the raw xp value from the game, so I imagine that they will stack.
  • FISKFISK1,396,369
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 00:55
    Might be time to get the last 2 classes to 70, only got pala and a hunter left
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,400,182
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 03:40, Edited on 19 January 17 at 03:40 by The Globalizer
    FWIW, announcing 2x RP events is probably more useful than 2x XP. RP is the gateway to many of the harder achievements in the game; leveling to rank 70 is just the beginning. Also, Summer Festival, Winter Festival, Masquerade, etc. are good events to note.
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo349,480
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 03:53, Edited on 19 January 17 at 03:59 by KBop a doo
    The Globalizer said:
    FWIW, announcing 2x RP events is probably more useful than 2x XP. RP is the gateway to many of the harder achievements in the game; leveling to rank 70 is just the beginning. Also, Summer Festival, Winter Festival, Masquerade, etc. are good events to note.
    Thanks! I believe we did cover the last one, but we'll continue to keep an eye out for them and post them. Any of the other "double ___" events that are useful for the Neverwinter achievements?

Only 2% of gamers on the site have the achievement for getting two characters to 70, so we'll keep covering these too wink Heck, 66% of players haven't even gotten someone to level 30!
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,642,133
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 09:54
    Yeah double RP is extremely valuable. I always try to make 2 or 3 Rank 12 enchants during each double RP. Stockpiling them in case I want to make any viable alts. Double exp is ok but getting to 70 is excessively easy.

Also put Azure enchants in your utility slots and exp boosting insignias on your mounts. Combine that with a double exp event and an exp booster and you could be looking at 8x exp or more. Level 1 to 70 in two days tops.
  • TheCharityGamerTheCharityGamer1,030,879
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 14:19
    Is this game worth my time? The graphics look meh.
    Founder of the BGLC
  • Fuzzy DudeFuzzy Dude197,617
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 14:41
    The 5000 xp books you get from XP rewards on a 70 character are account bound and also double. So I would recommend people save them until a double XP event and use them on another character.
  • Posted on 19 January 17 at 16:56
    this game is a grind and a half
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,512,959
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 18:58
    Don't worry about 2x RP while leveling up. Get to level 70 1st, save all your RP. Worry about IL after 70.
    Also, don't buy any keys if you are considering buying anything just buy Zen and exchange to AD when the AD exchange is high.
  • Posted on 19 January 17 at 20:11
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Don't worry about 2x RP while leveling up. Get to level 70 1st, save all your RP. Worry about IL after 70.
    Also, don't buy any keys if you are considering buying anything just buy Zen and exchange to AD when the AD exchange is high.
    Get VIP as soon as you can, and keep leveling it up. Averaging, each key is worth about 30k AD in my experience, with once in a while a really good one, and you get good benefits from VIP. If you sold everything you got from your daily key, you'd be getting about 900k AD in one month, enough for 3 more months of VIP almost.
    I'm going Full Pudding in the UHH 2!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 January 17 at 20:13, Edited on 19 January 17 at 20:16 by
    KBop a doo said:
    Heck, 66% of players haven't even gotten someone to level 30!
    I think I'm one of those 66% cry Loved the game but couldn't get much into it playing solo.
    I even spent like $30 in micro-transactions laugh

EDIT: Got the chevo, I wonder where I left off compute
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
    Posted on 19 January 17 at 20:38
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Get VIP as soon as you can, and keep leveling it up. Averaging, each key is worth about 30k AD in my experience, with once in a while a really good one, and you get good benefits from VIP. If you sold everything you got from your daily key, you'd be getting about 900k AD in one month, enough for 3 more months of VIP almost.
    Yes, VIP is a must.
  • Posted on 20 January 17 at 05:36
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Yes, VIP is a must.
    toast
    I'm going Full Pudding in the UHH 2!!
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,400,182
    Posted on 20 January 17 at 20:54, Edited on 20 January 17 at 20:56 by The Globalizer
    KBop a doo said:
    The Globalizer said:
    Thanks! I believe we did cover the last one, but we'll continue to keep an eye out for them and post them. Any of the other "double ___" events that are useful for the Neverwinter achievements?

Only 2% of gamers on the site have the achievement for getting two characters to 70, so we'll keep covering these too wink Heck, 66% of players haven't even gotten someone to level 30!
    For me, the value ranking is something like this:

1. 2x Refinement Points (fast mythic artifacts, faster progress on the artifact gear)
    2. 2x Astral Diamonds (if you're not refining it, you're buying it)
    3. Seasonal events - Winter/Summer/Masquerade (lots of good free stuff, esp. mounts and companions)
    *EDIT* 4. Zen market sales (mainly when VIP is on sale)
    5. the rest - all are situational value for your characters depending on needs

2x XP is worth mentioning for people casually leveling, but if you do all of the storyline content at 1x XP, you *will* level to 70, and you're looking at a ~1700 or so item level character, so you're nowhere near finishing the game. You need 2500+ for Epic Demogorgon, Castle Never and 3100+ for Fangbreaker Island.

Most regular players know about these events (the in-game calendar is crucial) but for the occasion players, knowing it's time to refine or salvage gear is probably worth announcing.

toast
    Posted on 20 January 17 at 22:08
    The Globalizer said:
    KBop a doo said:
    The Globalizer said:

For me, the value ranking is something like this:

1. 2x Refinement Points (fast mythic artifacts, faster progress on the artifact gear)
    2. 2x Astral Diamonds (if you're not refining it, you're buying it)
    3. Seasonal events - Winter/Summer/Masquerade (lots of good free stuff, esp. mounts and companions)
    *EDIT* 4. Zen market sales (mainly when VIP is on sale)
    5. the rest - all are situational value for your characters depending on needs

2x XP is worth mentioning for people casually leveling, but if you do all of the storyline content at 1x XP, you *will* level to 70, and you're looking at a ~1700 or so item level character, so you're nowhere near finishing the game. You need 2500+ for Epic Demogorgon, Castle Never and 3100+ for Fangbreaker Island.

Most regular players know about these events (the in-game calendar is crucial) but for the occasion players, knowing it's time to refine or salvage gear is probably worth announcing.

toast
    You can easily get any alts to high enough IL by grinding on your main, doing dailies and salvage on all toons and sharing enchantments etc. between them. This is where having VIP is a must.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.