Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Battlefield 3 & Bad Company 2 in the EA Access Vault, More Additions on the Way

• KBop a dooKBop a doo324,389
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 January 17 at 01:55Permalink
    I'm a bit foggy on the EA access vault; what exactly goes down?

I pay a monthly / yearly subscription, and any game in the vault is free? Including all DLC, passes etc? And there's early access shit too?
  • Jay CowlJay Cowl793,843
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 01:59, Edited on 21 January 17 at 02:00 by Jay CowlPermalink
    Just games. $30USD a year. Titanfall, DA:I, Mirrors Edge and Catalyst, BF4 and Hardline, Popcap games. It's a good deal. Plus 10% off EA games purchased through Xbox store
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 02:02Permalink
    The DLCs are included when i play a game of EA Access? For example, if a play BF3, I'll have the 5 DLCs?
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo324,389
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 02:08Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    I'm a bit foggy on the EA access vault; what exactly goes down?

I pay a monthly / yearly subscription, and any game in the vault is free? Including all DLC, passes etc? And there's early access shit too?
    It's a subscription that gives you full access to the any of the games in the Vault, 10% off downloads of EA games/DLC and early access trials to certain EA games (which are always announced and publicized). There is a list of all the games online. DLC is never included outside of very rare circumstances like Battlefield 4 Premium and they offered a download of Battlefield Hardline Premium free for a limited time, but that has since expired.

I assume how they make money off of it is by people wanting to buy DLC and season passes after they've tried out the game for free.
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 02:32Permalink
    jafeth xtreme said:
    The DLCs are included when i play a game of EA Access? For example, if a play BF3, I'll have the 5 DLCs?
    Rarely. Battlefield 4 included all DLC. But that's about it. BF3 does not. I'm looking for a decent deal on the premium pass right now. Fuck paying $50 for that old shit.
  • SnipedByAGir1SnipedByAGir11,603,258
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 02:34Permalink
    jafeth xtreme said:
    No you do not get the DLC for free with EA Access. You can buy the DLC or Season Pass at a discount though. They give the base games in the vault for free.
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 02:45Permalink
    Wow, I only just realized looking through the old news on the site that BF: BC2 was a Games with Gold game years ago, and yet I missed picking it up somehow. Glad I get a more permanent go to pick it up with EA Access! laugh
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 03:11Permalink
    Such a great value, everyone shuod get this and support EA for giving us this great of value. For those asking about DLC it is not included but potentially could be in the future. There was a limited time thing they had with EA access that gave you the premium pass for Battlefield 4 and Hardline so they may do for other games. $30 a year for this simply can't be beat by anything, heck it's even a better value than gold. You get a great list of games and almost all of them are amazing.
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 04:04Permalink
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    jafeth xtreme said:
    Rarely. Battlefield 4 included all DLC. But that's about it. BF3 does not. I'm looking for a decent deal on the premium pass right now. Fuck paying $50 for that old shit.
    I know dude haha, but well i have BF4 with premium anyway, I want just it in case of BF3 or other games have all the DLCs
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 04:05Permalink
    SnipedByAGir1 said:
    jafeth xtreme said:
    No you do not get the DLC for free with EA Access. You can buy the DLC or Season Pass at a discount though. They give the base games in the vault for free.
    Oh Well, I think it includes all the DLCs
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 January 17 at 04:41, Edited on 21 January 17 at 04:43 by Permalink
    Bronage Jcal said:
    Just games. $30USD a year. Titanfall, DA:I, Mirrors Edge and Catalyst, BF4 and Hardline, Popcap games. It's a good deal. Plus 10% off EA games purchased through Xbox store
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access

Hmmm . . . only one I fancy is DA:I, and I could get that on disc for <£9

Good for anyone who likes Battlefield shit though I guess, they died after BBC2 as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't mind Battlefield 1 maybe, but it's not in there facepalm
    We Get The Achievements We Deserve
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 06:20Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Bronage Jcal said:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access

Hmmm . . . only one I fancy is DA:I, and I could get that on disc for <£9

Good for anyone who likes Battlefield shit though I guess, they died after BBC2 as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't mind Battlefield 1 maybe, but it's not in there facepalm
    Bff3 and bf4 are much better than bf1.
  • matdanmatdan749,921
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 08:19Permalink
    I must say that BC2 and BF3 were my favourite BF games released recently.

I really cannot get into BF4 or BF1, they just don't feel that enjoyable. BC2 had destructible buildings and most of the map could be leveled. They could of easily done the same in BF3, 4 or 1 but instead they watered it down.

I even prefer Hardline over BF4 or BF1, at least that game did what it was meant to do even if it got boring grinding it out.

jafeth xtreme said:
    I believe only BF4 and Hardline's DLC are included. You can also get Mass Effect 2 JP by changing region.
  • HuwCW87HuwCW87170,278
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 08:34Permalink
    Those are the games coming to the vault in 2017? What about dragon age origins? That's backwards compatible now
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 08:47Permalink
    HuwCW87 said:
    Those are the games coming to the vault in 2017? What about dragon age origins? That's backwards compatible now
    Those are just games being added soon. EA continuously adds more games to the Vault throughout the year.
  • matdanmatdan749,921
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 08:51Permalink
    HuwCW87 said:
    Considering at the start of the BC program they wanted to have most or all their 360 games BC and in the vault. It is likely that we will see more then those listed, after-all there are still a number of titles not BC or in the vault yet.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,363,535
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 09:24Permalink
    EA likes to make their MP DLC free, so more people can play the DLC maps.

BF4, BF Hardline, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (1 and 2), Titanfall
    all these games either have free MP DLC or EA offered them for free for a limited time.

I guess Battlefront will be next this year or 2018.

They haven't done it to a game retroactively though (AFAIK), so BF3 and BFBC2 might not get any free DLC.
  • DrShoe1976DrShoe1976307,638
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 10:49Permalink
    DLC seems to be 'per game' rather than a hard-and-fast rule.

Star Wars Battlefield is base game only - DLCs can be purchased. Same for DA: Inquisition.

Battlefield 4 and Titanfall, however, have all DLCs included.
  • Lord MidasLord Midas277,025
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 11:05Permalink
    Cool. Except that Dead Space Ignition was seen as one of the shittest and poorest attempts at expanding the DS universe. They could've added something a little better, no?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.