Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Battlefield 3 & Bad Company 2 in the EA Access Vault, More Additions on the Way

  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 15:20Permalink
    The value continues to get better.

    Absolutely love EA Access
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • imaidiot19imaidiot19817,438
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 15:24Permalink
    something something complain...something something free games.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle889,635
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 15:25Permalink
    imaidiot19 said:
    something something complain...something something free games.
    Danger Zone?
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,474,243
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 16:04Permalink
    Lord Midas said:
    Cool. Except that Dead Space Ignition was seen as one of the shittest and poorest attempts at expanding the DS universe. They could've added something a little better, no?
    Or they could have added nothing at all.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 21 January 17 at 16:24Permalink
    Our Afflictions said:
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Bronage Jcal said:
    Just games. $30USD a year. Titanfall, DA:I, Mirrors Edge and Catalyst, BF4 and Hardline, Popcap games. It's a good deal. Plus 10% off EA games purchased through Xbox store
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access

    Hmmm . . . only one I fancy is DA:I, and I could get that on disc for <£9

    Good for anyone who likes Battlefield shit though I guess, they died after BBC2 as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't mind Battlefield 1 maybe, but it's not in there facepalm
    Bff3 and bf4 are much better than bf1.
    Well IMO BFBC1 was the greatest MP of all time (until it got ruined), and it enjoyed a brilliant SP. Then BFBC2 went in the wrong direction, the SP was dull, and they ruined the MP with crappy loadouts, overpowered weapons, poorly designed maps and imbalanced gameplay.

    Skip to BF3 and the campaign became even worse, terrible story, restricted environments and nothing new except poorer rendering. The MP descended into nothing more than shitty Call of Duty sheep clone, with even worse achievements and abhorrent game modes.

    So if you're saying BF1 is worse than BF3, then it must literally be just a clone of the worst COD MP shit that now plagues our digital stores. cry
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 21 January 17 at 17:18Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Bronage Jcal said:
    Just games. $30USD a year. Titanfall, DA:I, Mirrors Edge and Catalyst, BF4 and Hardline, Popcap games. It's a good deal. Plus 10% off EA games purchased through Xbox store
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access

    Hmmm . . . only one I fancy is DA:I, and I could get that on disc for <£9

    Good for anyone who likes Battlefield shit though I guess, they died after BBC2 as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't mind Battlefield 1 maybe, but it's not in there facepalm
    Bff3 and bf4 are much better than bf1.
    Well IMO BFBC1 was the greatest MP of all time (until it got ruined), and it enjoyed a brilliant SP. Then BFBC2 went in the wrong direction, the SP was dull, and they ruined the MP with crappy loadouts, overpowered weapons, poorly designed maps and imbalanced gameplay.

    Skip to BF3 and the campaign became even worse, terrible story, restricted environments and nothing new except poorer rendering. The MP descended into nothing more than shitty Call of Duty sheep clone, with even worse achievements and abhorrent game modes.

    So if you're saying BF1 is worse than BF3, then it must literally be just a clone of the worst COD MP shit that now plagues our digital stores. cry
    BFBC2 was the best MP in my opinion.
    Hi, I'm mediocre and the internet triggers me.
  • CODYWWE24CODYWWE2479,520
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 18:42Permalink
    I am just waiting for Dead Space 2 and 3 to go BC.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer1,358,372
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 18:55Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Bronage Jcal said:
    Just games. $30USD a year. Titanfall, DA:I, Mirrors Edge and Catalyst, BF4 and Hardline, Popcap games. It's a good deal. Plus 10% off EA games purchased through Xbox store
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access

    Hmmm . . . only one I fancy is DA:I, and I could get that on disc for <£9

    Good for anyone who likes Battlefield shit though I guess, they died after BBC2 as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't mind Battlefield 1 maybe, but it's not in there facepalm
    Bff3 and bf4 are much better than bf1.
    Well IMO BFBC1 was the greatest MP of all time (until it got ruined), and it enjoyed a brilliant SP. Then BFBC2 went in the wrong direction, the SP was dull, and they ruined the MP with crappy loadouts, overpowered weapons, poorly designed maps and imbalanced gameplay.

    Skip to BF3 and the campaign became even worse, terrible story, restricted environments and nothing new except poorer rendering. The MP descended into nothing more than shitty Call of Duty sheep clone, with even worse achievements and abhorrent game modes.

    So if you're saying BF1 is worse than BF3, then it must literally be just a clone of the worst COD MP shit that now plagues our digital stores. cry
    The SP in BFBC1 is one of the worst in FPS history. It was a very very cheap attempt to increase the value of the Battlefield series by adding this "campaign" which is not much more than MP maps with a few waypoints to visit and randomly spawned enemies. It felt like a child created the game with a level editor, just putting some enemies and vehicles into the level and that's it.

    The only redeeming part is B Company. But it would've been enough to just cut all the cutscenes together into one big movie and watch that instead of playing the campaign.

    Thankfully Battlefield was and still is about the Multiplayer and BFBC1 did a very good job as a console exclusive in that regard (although I think BFBC2 is superior in both SP and MP).
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 21 January 17 at 19:38, Edited on 21 January 17 at 19:40 by Permalink
    ^ You're tripping or trolling right?! Bad Company was an awesome campaign, with great cutscenes, great characters and some of the most hilarious scenes in FPS history!

    When Haggard single-handedly invaded a neutral country I nearly split my pants! Great SP, better than any COD has ever vomited out I know that for sure at least laugh
  • DaOverUnderDaOverUnder1,264,584
    Posted on 21 January 17 at 20:14Permalink
    Play first 5 days early? Are they trying to have the game spoiled for people.
  • Posted on 21 January 17 at 21:20Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Our Afflictions said:
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Bronage Jcal said:
    Just games. $30USD a year. Titanfall, DA:I, Mirrors Edge and Catalyst, BF4 and Hardline, Popcap games. It's a good deal. Plus 10% off EA games purchased through Xbox store
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Access

    Hmmm . . . only one I fancy is DA:I, and I could get that on disc for <£9

    Good for anyone who likes Battlefield shit though I guess, they died after BBC2 as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't mind Battlefield 1 maybe, but it's not in there facepalm
    Bff3 and bf4 are much better than bf1.
    Well IMO BFBC1 was the greatest MP of all time (until it got ruined), and it enjoyed a brilliant SP. Then BFBC2 went in the wrong direction, the SP was dull, and they ruined the MP with crappy loadouts, overpowered weapons, poorly designed maps and imbalanced gameplay.

    Skip to BF3 and the campaign became even worse, terrible story, restricted environments and nothing new except poorer rendering. The MP descended into nothing more than shitty Call of Duty sheep clone, with even worse achievements and abhorrent game modes.

    So if you're saying BF1 is worse than BF3, then it must literally be just a clone of the worst COD MP shit that now plagues our digital stores. cry
    Well battlefield 1 doesn't have a story all the way through, instead you play 5 or so different "war stories" kind of episodic campaigns. Visually it's the best campaign battlefield has ever offered. The cutscenese and acting feel like you're watching a movie.

    Gameplay wise, however, always feels like it's dragging on way too slowly. Multiplayer suffers from that imo as well. None of the classes or weapons are fun to use, most of the maps are very similar and get pretty repetitive (there's like 3 or 4 desert maps that all look identical)

    I enjoyed 3 and 4's multiplayer and campaigns a lot. I've barely been able to play this one for more than 30 minutes at a time before I'm literally staring at my walls after minute long loading screens bored out of my mind.
  • JCDRANZERJCDRANZER956,658
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 01:02Permalink
    So glad I never bought Dead Space Ignition.
  • K1NG StyleZK1NG StyleZ676,887
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 13:44Permalink
    Nice news and good support! Nice Job Microsoft.
  • Posted on 22 January 17 at 15:38Permalink
    So, let's say I have EA Access, will my son be able to play the available games on his profile? He does love Garden Warfare!
    Est Sularus Oth Mithas
  • matdanmatdan749,927
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 15:41Permalink
    Sith Dragon DDG said:
    So, let's say I have EA Access, will my son be able to play the available games on his profile? He does love Garden Warfare!
    Yes
  • FreshAspekFreshAspek390,358
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 16:59Permalink
    I wish EA would make the Vietnam DLC for BC2 available for vault members. That would be sweet.
  • matdanmatdan749,927
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 17:29Permalink
    FreshAspek said:
    I wish EA would make the Vietnam DLC for BC2 available for vault members. That would be sweet.
    Agreed, enjoyed it but no longer have it. Besides them already having given away BF4 and Hardline's DLC.
  • Posted on 22 January 17 at 17:48Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    ^ You're tripping or trolling right?! Bad Company was an awesome campaign, with great cutscenes, great characters and some of the most hilarious scenes in FPS history!

    When Haggard single-handedly invaded a neutral country I nearly split my pants! Great SP, better than any COD has ever vomited out I know that for sure at least laugh
    I loved BC1's campaign. One of the best and funniest I've played.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • Posted on 22 January 17 at 18:27Permalink
    matdan said:
    Sith Dragon DDG said:
    So, let's say I have EA Access, will my son be able to play the available games on his profile? He does love Garden Warfare!
    Yes
    Sweet! Thanks!
    Est Sularus Oth Mithas
  • AhayzoAhayzo777,990
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 20:50Permalink
    matdan said:
    You can also get Mass Effect 2 JP by changing region.
    Whoa is that confirmed somewhere? Would be great not to have to buy it.

    DrShoe1976 said:
    DLC seems to be 'per game' rather than a hard-and-fast rule.

    Star Wars Battlefield is base game only - DLCs can be purchased. Same for DA: Inquisition.

    Battlefield 4 and Titanfall, however, have all DLCs included.
    Battlefield 4 is the only one (and even that I'm not sure is actually included). Titanfall's DLC is all free, period, whether you buy it from the marketplace, have it through the Vault, or buy the disc, it's not an Access bonus.
    #mentallypudding
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.