Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Battlefield 3 & Bad Company 2 in the EA Access Vault, More Additions on the Way

• Posted on 22 January 17 at 21:32Permalink
    Just wanted to say i have EA access and i just checked my ready to install list. i have BF3 and all it's dlcs ready to install. So yes, you get BF3 and all it's dlcs to download with EA access membership.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant545,033
    Posted on 22 January 17 at 22:58Permalink
    ^Sweet.
  • CosminiionCosminiion683,036
    Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:19Permalink
    LBN Rs1dnt eV1L said:
    Just wanted to say i have EA access and i just checked my ready to install list. i have BF3 and all it's dlcs ready to install. So yes, you get BF3 and all it's dlcs to download with EA access membership.
    Are you sure you didn't have the DLCs purchased beforehand on the 360 or Premium on the 360? I have never touched Battlefield 3 before and I currently have EA Access, however in my ready to install list there is only the base game, nothing else.
  • BacavoitBacavoit234,752
    Posted on 23 January 17 at 17:23, Edited on 23 January 17 at 17:23 by BacavoitPermalink
    I was about to ask something similar.

I had BF3 and bought premium when it came out but I sold the disc. I'm using the same account so if I get EA Access and download BF3 I should be able to download the DLC's since I already bought them.

Right?
    Posted on 23 January 17 at 17:49Permalink
    xCosmo BOLTz said:
    LBN Rs1dnt eV1L said:
    Are you sure you didn't have the DLCs purchased beforehand on the 360 or Premium on the 360? I have never touched Battlefield 3 before and I currently have EA Access, however in my ready to install list there is only the base game, nothing else.
    I agree with you here. Checked mine and all I have is the game, online pass and multiplayer update to install.
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 03:25Permalink
    Bacavoit said:
    I was about to ask something similar.

I had BF3 and bought premium when it came out but I sold the disc. I'm using the same account so if I get EA Access and download BF3 I should be able to download the DLC's since I already bought them.

Right?
    Yes, you should be able to download all the 5 expansions packs from the in-game store free of charge with that account.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion662,032
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 12:55Permalink
    To answer peoples' questions about DLC being included. No, but it really depends on the game - especially with backwards compatible titles.

Just like some other backwards compatible games (e.g., Borderlands), the base game file (when you download it on the XB1) can include all DLC.

While I haven't tested it out in this particular case, BF3's base game file on the One is 33+ gBs - clearly more than just the base game.
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 13:20, Edited on 24 January 17 at 13:26 by BacavoitPermalink
    Boots Orion said:
    To answer peoples' questions about DLC being included. No, but it really depends on the game - especially with backwards compatible titles.

Just like some other backwards compatible games (e.g., Borderlands), the base game file (when you download it on the XB1) can include all DLC.

While I haven't tested it out in this particular case, BF3's base game file on the One is 33+ gBs - clearly more than just the base game.
    Because there is a HD pack that came with the game discs.

I installed it yesterday.

Base game is 33.5GB
    DLC's are 11GB

http://i.imgur.com/mLmkmnn.jpg
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 15:01, Edited on 24 January 17 at 15:08 by CosminiionPermalink
    Bacavoit said:
    Boots Orion said:

Because there is a HD pack that came with the game discs.

I installed it yesterday.

Base game is 33.5GB
    DLC's are 11GB

http://i.imgur.com/mLmkmnn.jpg
    Can you tell us the full list of DLCs and their individual sizes that you have installed?

It seems like the DLCs that appear on the Xbox One Store are not all the same as on the Xbox 360 marketplace. On Xbox One there are additional DLCs that aren't present on the 360, like "Battlefield 3 Premium Edition", "Battlefield 3 Welcome Pack" "Rent a server/E-sports Update" and some others, however all of these show as Unavailable. The "Battlefield 4 PREMIUM" DLC on the One cannot be bought (won't show price and when Buy is pressed it shows an invalid region error, makes no sense) and it is 36.3 MB compared to 108 KB on 360. The DLCs Aftermath, End Game and Armored Kill are listed twice?! and they differ in size compared to the 360 versions (all these 3 are 36.2 MB each on One, while on the 360 each exceeds 1 GB in size). The DLCs Back to Karkand and Close Quarters are 36.3 MB each on One, but only 108 KB each on 360. The DLCs "Back to Karkand content update" and "Close Quarters content update" on the 360 marketplace appear as "Back to Karkand update" and "Close Quarters update" on One, so they must be different in some way, I think. On One there are 3 Online Passes listed?! and all of them are Unavailable, while on the 360 I can't even see one Online Pass DLC on the marketplace. So many anomalies with these DLCs lol
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 15:14, Edited on 24 January 17 at 15:15 by BacavoitPermalink
    As listed in my Battlefield 3 Xbox One Manage Game menu

Battlefield 3 = 33.5 GB
    Back to Karkand Update = 2.1 GB
    Close Quarters Update = 2.4 GB
    Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update 6 = 1.9 GB
    Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update = 1.8 GB
    Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Update 4 = 1.4 GB
    Rent a Server/E-sport Update = 1 GB (WTF?)
    Battlefield 3 End Game = 36.1 MB
    Battlefield 3 PREMIUM = 36.2 MB
    Battlefield 3 Aftermath = 36.1 MB
    Battlefield 3 Armored Kill = 36.1 MB
    Physical Warfare Pack = 36.2 MB
    Online Pass = 36.2 MB

So apparently they packed the game with the DLC's into a base game with "minor" standalone updates for the Backwards Compatibility mode and the End Game, Aftermath, Armored Kill files are just for unlocking like PREMIUM.

That is all there is to be installed in my Xbox One.
  • matdanmatdan749,746
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 15:18Permalink
    Here is the 360 sizes:
    Battlefield 3: 15.5 GB
    HD Content: 1.5 GB
    Aftermath: 1.6 GB
    Armored Kill: 1.6 GB
    TU: 201 MB
    Update: 2.1 GB
    Premium: 56 KB
    Close Quarters: 56 KB
    End Game: 1.8 GB
    MP Update 6: 2.0 GB
    Online Pass: 56 KB
    Physical Warfare Pack: 56 KB

About 26 GB all up

Xbox One:
    Battlefield 3: 33.5 GB
    Premium: 36.2 MB
    Update 6: 1.9 GB (Unchanged)
    Aftermath: 36.1 MB
    Physical Warfare Pack: 36.2 MB
    End Game: 36.1 MB
    Online Pass: 36.2 MB
    Close Quarters: 36.2 MB
    Close Quarters Update: 2.4 GB
    Armored Kill: 36.1
    Back to Karkand Update: 2.1 GB

It is safe to assume therefore that all DLC/content is included in the base download aside from the updates and unlock files for each DLC/content.

The extra size is the stuff needed to run the game on BC like most titles adding a few extra GB to the install.
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 17:33Permalink
    I have downloaded the game and have no access to DLCs.
  • matdanmatdan749,746
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 18:31Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    That would be correct, still need Premium to access DLC. Just now it is more in line with Battlefront, that being the DLC is already downloaded.
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 18:37Permalink
    matdan said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    That would be correct, still need Premium to access DLC. Just now it is more in line with Battlefront, that being the DLC is already downloaded.
    So it is basically Digitally Locked Content? laugh
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 18:38, Edited on 24 January 17 at 18:39 by BacavoitPermalink
    The same way most of the DLC's are.
  • AhayzoAhayzo777,541
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 21:02Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    matdan said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    So it is basically Digitally Locked Content? laugh
    laugh For the One, yup

Bacavoit said:
    The same way most of the DLC's are.
    No
    #mentallypudding
    Posted on 24 January 17 at 21:23Permalink
    alklein92201 said:
    No
    No what? You must pay for most of the DLC's out there.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion662,032
    Posted on 25 January 17 at 00:07Permalink
    No means that you need to download all of the DLC packs to use them - normally.

In this case (BF3), all you seem to need to download to use DLC packs is the premium"license" and the online pass (which is required to play online at all).

Sorry if my explanation is bad - on my cellphone and TA's text box is hopping all over the place as I'm typing.
    Posted on 25 January 17 at 06:10, Edited on 25 January 17 at 06:11 by CosminiionPermalink
    Thanks for all the clarifications guys. I wish they'd have simply given Premium to everyone (as well as all DLCs with achievements for Bad Company 2), would've got them much better publicity and the games would have a healthier online population, especially on DLC maps/ modes. BF 3 is quite ancient and nobody in their right mind would pay full price $50 for the DLCs :S The good and the bad...
    Posted on 25 January 17 at 20:46Permalink
    I found something interesting but I'm not sure if its console side or server side at all.

I just rented a server using a Xbox One and I didn't have many admin options. I could not change to start with a minimum of 4 players, it was fixed at 8. I also couldn't change map roptation, it was totally fixed.

I had to give a X360 user admin rights in order to change minimum from 8 to 4 and map rotation.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.