Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Play Free-to-Play Games and Get Rewarded with Xbox's New FREEdom Rewards

AuthorMessage
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 22 January 17 at 23:51
MC PHILABUSTA said:
I got an idea free to play needs to die off , I've hated 90% of the ones I've played waste of time .
So you've enjoyed 10% of the F2P games you played and they were completely free. Why on earth would you want them to die off?
SnipedByAGir1
SnipedByAGir1
Posted on 23 January 17 at 00:28
What I don't get is how do you actually refer a player to these games? I don't see how to actually refer players from any of these games ...
Our Afflictions
Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:01
KinectKid333 said:
At least this is not permanent.
Your incompetence is honestly ridiculous. Would you rather it go back to normal where you get nothing back for the optional purchase?
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:04
The idea is kinda good...execution of said idea sucks hard.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:09
Our Afflictions said:
NegativeCreep08 said:
Keep this sort of garbage on mobile phones
Why? The f2p games on the one are nice. The purchases are 100% optional.
Because they are not free on xbox one you need gold to play them and the purchase are 100% rip off
Goggs25
Our Afflictions
Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:16
Goggs25 said:
Our Afflictions said:
NegativeCreep08 said:
Keep this sort of garbage on mobile phones
Why? The f2p games on the one are nice. The purchases are 100% optional.
Because they are not free on xbox one you need gold to play them and the purchase are 100% rip off
They are free to play with gold. You purchase gold for a separate reason, and the benefit of being able to play online and the f2p online games comes with that as a bonus. It costs you nothing to play the game, it costs you money for the gold.

The purchases are 100% optional. As far as I know these games are not p2w. Most of the purchases are cosmetic, or boosters to speed up the process of leveling etc.

It's not a rip off if it's your choice to purchase them. If you think it is then dont buy it.
SereneMidnight
Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:16
Ah. Aha. Ahahaha. No.
Skelix
Skelix
Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:45
Sounds like their f2p model not working? These ones in danger of going away soon? Still got a lot to do on all of these titles :-(
Ace Phoenyx
Ace Phoenyx
Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:45
Thanks for this post!

I was unaware of the refer a friend rewards for these titles. Might have to see if any friends want to start those games.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 23 January 17 at 01:57
Skelix said:
Sounds like their f2p model not working? These ones in danger of going away soon? Still got a lot to do on all of these titles :-(
I cant speak for all of them, but Neverwinter and WoT aren't going anywhere soon.
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 23 January 17 at 02:00
Our Afflictions said:
KinectKid333 said:
Your incompetence is honestly ridiculous. Would you rather it go back to normal where you get nothing back for the optional purchase?
My comment was mainly in response to those who were complaining about it--not me complaining about it myself, though I can see how it might come across as the latter.
First gamer ever to be revived from the dead! Also, the ladies man... "Sup"
Our Afflictions
Posted on 23 January 17 at 02:03
KinectKid333 said:
Our Afflictions said:
KinectKid333 said:
My comment was mainly in response to those who were complaining about it--not me complaining about it myself, though I can see how it might come across as the latter.
My response stands regardless.

It not being permanent does nothing for them, and you saying it doesn't either.
Flava1975
Flava1975
Posted on 23 January 17 at 02:11
LOL!!! All I can say!
Our Afflictions
Posted on 23 January 17 at 02:12
Flava1975 said:
LOL!!! All I can say!
That's what I say to that team in your gamerpic after today
IGutlessIWonder
Posted on 23 January 17 at 02:45
Our Afflictions said:
Flava1975 said:
LOL!!! All I can say!
That's what I say to that team in your gamerpic after today
Lmao
The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
russolini77
russolini77
Posted on 23 January 17 at 02:47
Our Afflictions said:
KinectKid333 said:
Strictly speaking, you DON'T get anything back for the optional purchase. I'm sure you know this, but credits in your Microsoft account aren't actual negotiable currency. It's not money you can do anything with besides use in the Microsoft store. So, to say you actually "got something back" is incorrect, when in actuality, you are getting a partial credit towards future purchase. You do not suddenly have 5% of the purchase you just made back in your bank/paypal account.

Now, how about YOU stop going around using words like incompetence and ridiculous and flaming strangers every 3 minutes because they have a difference of opinion, and chill out by playing some nice freemium games and feeling righteous about how good the 5% store credit is for you.

Troll.
ColdEagle86
ColdEagle86
Posted on 23 January 17 at 02:59
Was secretly hoping defiance purchases would have been included in this, ah well.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 23 January 17 at 03:21, Edited on 23 January 17 at 03:22 by Our Afflictions
russolini77 said:
Our Afflictions said:
KinectKid333 said:
Strictly speaking, you DON'T get anything back for the optional purchase. I'm sure you know this, but credits in your Microsoft account aren't actual negotiable currency. It's not money you can do anything with besides use in the Microsoft store. So, to say you actually "got something back" is incorrect, when in actuality, you are getting a partial credit towards future purchase. You do not suddenly have 5% of the purchase you just made back in your bank/paypal account.

Now, how about YOU stop going around using words like incompetence and ridiculous and flaming strangers every 3 minutes because they have a difference of opinion, and chill out by playing some nice freemium games and feeling righteous about how good the 5% store credit is for you.

Troll.
You get reward points that add up to future rewards which can be redeemed for currency, so yes, you do get something out of it. More than you did before this offer, obviously. How am i trolling by pointing that out?

Idiot.
Weezleram
Weezleram
Posted on 23 January 17 at 03:48
So Gems of War isn't included in this? That's too bad. It's my favorite F2P game on the XB1.
ScubaSte3ve
ScubaSte3ve
Posted on 23 January 17 at 04:09
"free" laugh
GheeButt3rSnaps
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.