Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Play Free-to-Play Games and Get Rewarded with Xbox's New FREEdom Rewards

AuthorMessage
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 23 January 17 at 04:28
NOTHING is worth downloading Roblox again.
This space for rent.
TurtleHermit0
Posted on 23 January 17 at 04:44
The use of the word free is so misleading from Microsoft.
Xystra
Xystra
Posted on 23 January 17 at 05:10
How do you refer a friend in WOT?
Bhikku
Bhikku
Posted on 23 January 17 at 06:03
well i guess it's as good a time as any to download warframe and see if it's shitty
GUYS GHOST
Posted on 23 January 17 at 06:54
Hurball said:
By "play free-to-play games" this really means "pay money to play free-to-play games" and get a little bit back.
Exactly.
Gys ghost
xQuesoo
xQuesoo
Posted on 23 January 17 at 06:58
World of Tanks has one of these refer your friends and get a free bundle thing. I've done it twice and nothing. It's the Leg Up bundle or whatever it's called.

It only let's you pick friends that are eligible so does anyone have any idea why this wouldn't work?
matdan
matdan
Posted on 23 January 17 at 07:59
xQuesoo said:
World of Tanks has one of these refer your friends and get a free bundle thing. I've done it twice and nothing. It's the Leg Up bundle or whatever it's called.

It only let's you pick friends that are eligible so does anyone have any idea why this wouldn't work?
Best to post on their forums, so they can help you out.
Vr English
Vr English
Posted on 23 January 17 at 09:09
Wardieshire said:
laugh At the end of the day, for me unless they start putting price caps on these type of games (i.e. if you spend a certain amount of money in the game then you unlock and can use everything the game has to offer indefinitely) there's just no value whatsoever for them and no incentive for me to hand over my cash.
They'll never do that unless its legally enforced and even then I bet they'd find a work around. These developers make their money from 'whales' the same whales that probably would gobble this 'deal' up.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 23 January 17 at 09:14
Get money back for spending money? What's there to complain about?

Not my way of playing games, but I know plenty of people will benefit from this.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 23 January 17 at 09:16
MrZombieChicken said:
NOTHING is worth downloading Roblox again.
Truer words have never been spoken laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
A42TheBaptizer
Posted on 23 January 17 at 09:33
Lol this is stupid. Playing the games gives you squad, you need to pay for the rewards.
www.moviescreenshot.com
maguzzolo
maguzzolo
Posted on 23 January 17 at 09:40
360 f2p games are not part of this, right?
Might start Warframe, anyway
SantaUndercover
Posted on 23 January 17 at 09:55, Edited on 23 January 17 at 09:56 by SantaUndercover
Let me guess, USA only? (talking about the prices)

When is M$ ever going to care about the rest of the world...
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 23 January 17 at 09:56
TurtleHermit0 said:
The use of the word free is so misleading from Microsoft.
Agreed, the only way you can get anything back is by spending, thus making the word free fairly redundant.
Legohead 1977
FISK
FISK
Posted on 23 January 17 at 10:18
MC PHILABUSTA said:
I got an idea free to play needs to die off , I've hated 90% of the ones I've played waste of time .
So dont play them then? It aint that hard
Typhon Achilles
Posted on 23 January 17 at 10:23
Our Afflictions said:
russolini77 said:
Our Afflictions said:
KinectKid333 said:
At least this is not permanent.
Your incompetence is honestly ridiculous. Would you rather it go back to normal where you get nothing back for the optional purchase?
Strictly speaking, you DON'T get anything back for the optional purchase. I'm sure you know this, but credits in your Microsoft account aren't actual negotiable currency. It's not money you can do anything with besides use in the Microsoft store. So, to say you actually "got something back" is incorrect, when in actuality, you are getting a partial credit towards future purchase. You do not suddenly have 5% of the purchase you just made back in your bank/paypal account.

Now, how about YOU stop going around using words like incompetence and ridiculous and flaming strangers every 3 minutes because they have a difference of opinion, and chill out by playing some nice freemium games and feeling righteous about how good the 5% store credit is for you.

Troll.
You get reward points that add up to future rewards which can be redeemed for currency, so yes, you do get something out of it. More than you did before this offer, obviously. How am i trolling by pointing that out?

Idiot.
There's no need to call people names or speak to them in a less than respectful way. The passive aggressive responses which come across as an attempt to illicit a negative reply are completely unnecessary. They are entitled to an opinion. If they choose to share that opinion they should not be insulted for doing so.

As for the topic. I would imagine that the rewards are an attempt to entice those who currently do not buy in game items to do so but like others, I don't see the offers as being good enough to do so. Then again, how often do Microsoft create a sale or offer that makes us go wow!? They seem to, for whatever reason, underperform when compared to retail stores.
NegativeCreep08
Posted on 23 January 17 at 10:39
Our Afflictions said:
Goggs25 said:
Our Afflictions said:
NegativeCreep08 said:
Keep this sort of garbage on mobile phones
Why? The f2p games on the one are nice. The purchases are 100% optional.
Because they are not free on xbox one you need gold to play them and the purchase are 100% rip off
They are free to play with gold. You purchase gold for a separate reason, and the benefit of being able to play online and the f2p online games comes with that as a bonus. It costs you nothing to play the game, it costs you money for the gold.

The purchases are 100% optional. As far as I know these games are not p2w. Most of the purchases are cosmetic, or boosters to speed up the process of leveling etc.

It's not a rip off if it's your choice to purchase them. If you think it is then dont buy it.
It's not nearly as optional as you'd think, these kind of games are specifically designed to wear you down into spending real money. There are plenty of free to play psychology articles out there which show all the tricks they use to achieve that; it's an insidious practice that costs some vulnerable people thousands
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 23 January 17 at 11:03
This marketing plan probably has a slim chance of success. It screams desperate lol
MattiasAnderson
Posted on 23 January 17 at 12:33
I would not even accept an xbox 1 to play all the free games I have not yet played.

Something I have learned is to stay away from most free games and will continue to do so. laugh
K1NG StyleZ
K1NG StyleZ
Posted on 23 January 17 at 13:01
Great idea! I will check it out.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.