Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Play Free-to-Play Games and Get Rewarded with Xbox's New FREEdom Rewards

AuthorMessage
MayhemMcEndree
Posted on 23 January 17 at 13:48
Free to play but you MUST spend money on in game content & dlc. I know this is how those companies make their money but no thanks
AL0HA FR0M HELL
Posted on 23 January 17 at 13:56
Cash grab, move along, nothing to see here!
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 23 January 17 at 14:00
Spend to get $2 back... Just go away with this crap and give us the old reward system back.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 23 January 17 at 15:14
You own a freeking Xbox One! Just go buy a proper game.
FOKENWOLFEN
FOKENWOLFEN
Posted on 23 January 17 at 16:15
I like the way of Warframe and Roblox... the others not so much.
Taipei Kindom
Taipei Kindom
Posted on 23 January 17 at 17:37
Damn, I spent so many money on free games.
Iceberg082006
Iceberg082006
Posted on 23 January 17 at 19:36
Why does it say this at the end "The FREEdom Rewards are already live and will run until February 28th." yet the article talks about things go until end of march?
Iceberg Right Ahead
Obsulete
Obsulete
Posted on 23 January 17 at 20:22
A better reward program would have given you in game currency for getting so many achievements, since the games are basically giant time sinks it might get you to invest a little bit of money into the game to try and progress faster.

It at least doesn't sound as bad as this "exchange money for less money" promo.
togethawiistand
Posted on 23 January 17 at 20:37
xONLY INHUMANx said:
why the fuck would anyone do that?
Funny how your question matches your profile pic.
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
ELECTRZx
ELECTRZx
Posted on 23 January 17 at 21:46
Is it only for USA players?
NickHawkeye
NickHawkeye
Posted on 23 January 17 at 22:00
PiCkLE SQU1D said:
Hurball said:
By "play free-to-play games" this really means "pay money to play free-to-play games" and get a little bit back.
Exactly
Yeah kind of misleading, I assumed they were going to reward people for actually playing the games x number of hours, oh well. more power to the people already spending $ on these.

I'm not complaining they don't have to give any $ back I just don't think this is going to get anyone to spend $ who wasn't already spending $
Bar6arian
Bar6arian
Posted on 23 January 17 at 22:15
Hmm do know if I like this direction of F2P. I normally avoid these types of games and this doesn't make me want to play them.
Jappe
Jappe
Posted on 23 January 17 at 23:11
Love it how so many people hate free to play games.

You are born free in this world but you don't drive a Ferrari without paying shit loads of money for it.
You can play F2P games like Neverwinter for free but you can't ride that epic mount of yours without spending some money to get it. Oh wait, you can if you collect and save money for it. Just like you get your Ferrari in real life.

No free to play game on One has a pay-wall. Meaning you can't progress in the game without paying. You can play the games absolutely for free. But that guy who just ran next to you with their golden shorts and purple unicorn that shits rainbows is so cool! Well guess what. So is that Ferrari you saw yesterday on Miami Beach.

Jesus Christ people get a grip of yourselves and stop nagging.
CounterInsurgnt
Posted on 23 January 17 at 23:29
Jappe said:

You are born free in this world but you don't drive a Ferrari without paying shit loads of money for it.
You can play F2P games like Neverwinter for free but you can't ride that epic mount of yours without spending some money to get it. Oh wait, you can if you collect and save money for it. Just like you get your Ferrari in real life.

No free to play game on One has a pay-wall. Meaning you can't progress in the game without paying. You can play the games absolutely for free. But that guy who just ran next to you with their golden shorts and purple unicorn that shits rainbows is so cool! Well guess what. So is that Ferrari you saw yesterday on Miami Beach.

This coming from Jappe, a guy who has purchased every single Xbox live arcade game ever, lol.
Paul Laserbeam
Paul Laserbeam
Posted on 24 January 17 at 00:02
AW MAN! A WHOLE 75P FOR WARFRAME?! -___-
togethawiistand
Posted on 24 January 17 at 00:02
Coming to think of it, this is more like grindslavery rewards!
To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 24 January 17 at 01:26
CounterInsurgnt said:
Jappe said:

This coming from Jappe, a guy who has purchased every single Xbox live arcade game ever, lol.
I love it when people say its F2P on console but leave out that you have PAY for gold membership in order for you to play a FREE TO PLAY game
Goggs25
JedEgan
JedEgan
Posted on 24 January 17 at 01:54
FreeDUMB.
Vermin360
Vermin360
Posted on 24 January 17 at 11:23
Goggs25 said:
I love it when people say its F2P on console but leave out that you have PAY for gold membership in order for you to play a FREE TO PLAY game
Those evil swine at Microsoft! You mean they're giving you additional incentive to subscribe to LIVE than just multiplayer, and Games with Gold? I wish they'd stop adding value to things like that. roll
We don't stop playing because we get old; we grow old because we stop playing.
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 24 January 17 at 12:59
Goggs25 said:
Depends how you view it. It is free to drive on the highway but you need a car to do so, which costs money.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.