Game Discussion: Dark Souls (PC) Forum

looking for GFWL Key

AuthorMessage
GRIMR0CK
GRIMR0CK
Posted on 23 January 17 at 22:44
i need to buy a new GFWL key, i have the game disc but without key .
Msross
Msross
Posted on 23 January 17 at 23:56
I dunno if this is a scam shop or not... or even if it works with the GFWL process ; http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-dark-souls-cd-key-digital...

but that has options to buy the CD key
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 24 January 17 at 01:37, Edited on 24 January 17 at 01:37 by JumboWario
Msross said:
I dunno if this is a scam shop or not... or even if it works with the GFWL process ; http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-dark-souls-cd-key-digital...

but that has options to buy the CD key
That is a steam key that will get you the Steam version, which had GFWL patched out. No GFWL key with that.
Game On.
Valaith
Valaith
Posted on 02 July 17 at 20:37
Finally a re-installation of the game accepted the date to get passed the release date check. Unfortunately the GFWL code that I got with the game was already used. I spent half the day on the phone with various Microsoft departments and no one would produce a code. I even offered to pay. I just sent an email to Bandai as a last ditch effort.

If they can't provide one, has anyone had any luck in finding a code that works? Can codes for other games be used for Dark Souls? I tried my Fallout 3 code but it said that the code won't work for Dark Souls. I'm weary about buying another GFWL game to obtain a code as it might not work.

Right now I can play Dark Souls by hitting ESC on the code registration screen but only for ~5 minutes at a time before the game crashes. I assume it's crashing due to not having a valid code.
Valaith
Valaith
Posted on 06 July 17 at 20:16
Nevermind about the code. You don't need it to play the game. The crashing isn't related. That was a seperate issue completely.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.