Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Steins;Gate 0 Coming to Xbox One

• AllgorhythmAllgorhythm512,316
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 15:26
    MoNsTr zAcH said:
    Hope just watching the anime is enough to be up to speed
    The anime will bring you up to speed for the true ending of the original Steins;Gate. Steins;Gate 0's plot takes off from one of the 'bad' endings of the original game and provides the protagonist with a new scenario to work through given that outcome. There is an anime adaptation that is just now coming out for Steins;Gate 0 that should be complete or nearly complete when the X1 version of the game is released.
  • wookieepuppywookieepuppy724,157
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 15:52
    Too too roo!

Brilliant.... I have both versions on ps vita....but would still get on xbox just to get the achievements! ....and xbox1 is my preferred console too of course!

The anime version is great too.... I think they are doing an anime of the second series too ( steins;gate 0)

Too too roo!
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 15:53
    Proscaline said:
    I would love to actually understand I a VN. I'm sure half of them have decent stories.
    The developer, 5pb. Inc., tends to have great stories for its games especially in the Series to which the Steins;Gate games belong. There is a second series that currently has only two games that is also interesting - Series.

They are series in the sense that Final Fantasy is a series. It is a framework that 5pb. Inc. uses to associate the games. So, whereas Steins;Gate 0 is a sequel of sorts to Steins;Gate, since it follows one of the alternate endings to the original story, other games in the series do not have a plot connection to the Steins;Gate games.

The three main games in the series--Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head, & Robotics;Notes--have each had anime adaptations in large part because they have had intriguing plots.
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 15:57
    Dwaggienite said:
    Ok so, I have to ask the obvious question.

You say you're not sure it's going to have an English translation, but you include a screenshot with English text in it?

This looks like a screenshot from the English localization of the first Steins;Gate game.
  • Strategy OneStrategy One676,635
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 16:58
    Great anime
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 16:59
    Strategy One said:
    Great anime
    and great game!
  • Han D MaidenHan D Maiden466,329
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 17:34
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 17:41, Edited on 30 January 17 at 02:23 by Allgorhythm
    Rakkman Forever said:
    Oops--looks like you left off an s. laugh
  • Exia Of WarExia Of War110,546
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 19:12, Edited on 28 January 17 at 19:12 by Exia Of War
    MAD SCIENTIST

This is awesome, I was waiting for SG0 to show up on Steam but I'd love to play it on the One instead.
  • In Gyi YoonIn Gyi Yoon308,701
    Posted on 28 January 17 at 20:47
    more vn on xbox
    cooool compute
  • Posted on 28 January 17 at 22:21
    Only know what it is because of some high quality rips but I think I might go ahead and try it out
  • MichelMichel968,750
    Posted on 29 January 17 at 20:05
    oh shit son!!!
  • AlcaJoeAlcaJoe328,717
    Posted on 29 January 17 at 22:13
    Rakkman Forever said:
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss toast
    Posted on 30 January 17 at 03:29, Edited on 30 January 17 at 03:35 by Allgorhythm
    In case you were wondering what Chiyomaru Shikura, Executive Director of 5pb. Inc. that developed Steins;Gate 0, said in his Tweet, here's a translation:

@chiyomaru5pb

The XboxOne version of 'Steins;Gate 0' has been completed! Sorry for keeping you waiting! It's for digital distribution only but it will be released shortly! The price is also quite reasonable! Even so, I don't think we'll sell all that much! (LOL). Anyway, somehow I figured out a way to support you -- kind regards [kaomoji emoticon]

#shutage [written in katakana short for Steins;Gate]
    Here's the original tweet:

https://twitter.com/chiyomaru5pb/status/824636165252739073
  • JdobemJdobem891,821
    Posted on 05 February 17 at 15:19
    which region will it be released with english subs? do we know yet ?
    Posted on 05 February 17 at 15:27
    Jdobem said:
    which region will it be released with english subs? do we know yet ?
    We don't know if it will be released with English subs at all for the X1. The only info I've seen so far have been Chiyomaru's Tweet that I translated above and news items based on that tweet.

If you want to be optimistic, since sub versions have been released on other platforms, it would not be difficult to include subs in the soon-to-be-released X1 version.
  • JdobemJdobem891,821
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 21:52
    i want stay optimistic :)
    thx
  • SLASHER000SLASHER000641,267
    Posted on 22 February 17 at 09:14
    i came close to buying it on my PS4 so if it does come out on the xbox, then i made the right choice waiting.
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,030,539
    Posted on 22 February 17 at 14:55
    So...can anyone give me the run down on how to buy something from the Japanese Marketplace? Is it easy?
    Yes, I know I am.
  • JdobemJdobem891,821
    Posted on 22 February 17 at 19:00
    it seems to be on sale now,. but im not sure it has english subtitles yet.

you basically need to get store credit from the region via play-asia and other sites.
    Then redeem that credit on the store, add a valid address for the region and it should allow you to get it. Before download is visible on your games and apps, you will need also to change the xbox region to Japan.

Not hard, but not simple either.

If you get it and its english subbed, let us know!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.