Game Discussion: LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Forum

How are people completing Lego games so fast?

AuthorMessage
StabaCadaver
StabaCadaver
Posted on 06 February 17 at 13:02
So I just completed the main game in 54 hours. I used to smash everything possible and collect every stud in sight. I've learned that approach is a major unnecessary time suck. Now I complete the levels on story mode as quick as I can. I'll then use free play to capture true hero for each level after buying the multiplier bricks. According to this site people are completing this in 25-30 hours. Does using cheat codes shave off that much time?
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 06 February 17 at 13:26
Not sure what to say, I played for just over 30 hours and completed all the DLC in that time too.

I only used the 2x studs cheat which mainly helps getting the other multiplier bricks earlier, I had however played the game already on the 360 so I knew what to do for the most part with out spending time breaking stuff and figuring it out
Yours sincerely, TG
Msross
Msross
Posted on 06 February 17 at 14:22
The 2x cheat code helps, if only to give that initial boost....

Play the game stories as quickly as possible.... don't buy anything...

Once your onto the freeway you'll have identified the Base chars needed - buy those seeking and only those... if there's a guide for the red, use that to plan the level order, then plough through levels maximising speed, collectibles etc... buy the 4x quickly then the other red bricks when doing so isn't going to cause lack of cash...
Then it's still very quick process of buying everything and any misc acjievements
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 06 February 17 at 16:15
I completed the game in 54 hours too but that included DLC. The estimated time doesn't include DLC.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 06 February 17 at 17:24
Its a matter of effectivity. And the more legogames you play, the faster it gets..i have 35 hours on this one, including all DLC
StabaCadaver
StabaCadaver
Posted on 08 February 17 at 13:06
I8ITackyticsI8I said:
I completed the game in 54 hours too but that included DLC. The estimated time doesn't include DLC.
Then it actually took me 60 hours for the base game. The in game counter says 60 hours so I subtracted a few hours for the DLC.

I have to work on a better approach. Thanks for the replies.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.