The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 7th, 2017

• Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:00
    Catherine for $3?? That's a great deal considering it's on the higher end of used retail.
    Instagram & Snapchat: breninwatson
  • OnsidicOnsidic1,424,897
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:04, Edited on 07 February 17 at 15:07 by Onsidic
    A legend or something to explain what all the different symbols mean on this page would be nice.
    Took me a while - but i think its game, collection, currency, addons
    Still no idea about the different in cups;
    Black ops 3 - 2 cups then 5 cups? What?
  • GoatslayerrrGoatslayerrr208,892
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:05
    Is there any way you could indicate the 360 games that are backwards compatible? Thanks for the list!
  • TiagoCostaTiagoCosta241,487
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:08
    Got Killer is dead.

Already got catherine years ago, but it's a must for $3. Everyone should buy it.
  • matdanmatdan842,375
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:09
    Not a huge fan of this layout, no easy way to check region pricing or whether the title is BC.
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m32,000,940
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:12
    Sweet, ill go with the homefront DLC.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:13
    TakeTheToast said:
    Catherine for $3?? That's a great deal considering it's on the higher end of used retail.
    It still feels like it was only yesterday that I bought it for $80 brand new laugh
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:14, Edited on 07 February 17 at 15:17 by I8ITackyticsI8I
    I'm also not really a fan, sorry. I went from here to the sales page to check UK pricing but the sales page isn't complete currently. Means I have to wait or check Major Nelson..

I don't really want to click on each game individually to find out what my regional price is..
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,997,835
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:19
    nothing for me
    there are some good games, but i already have the ones i want.
  • vegansoundvegansound1,159,202
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:21
    Presenting those sales this way is so much clearer, thanks for the upgrade!

But too bad only USdollars are shown for the prices. I know everyone would like to see their own currency and we can satisfy everybody, but I think it's either the most famous currencies like TA used to do, or none.

I also know that it's a lot of work to put every region price for every deal, but we have to put a price, we can't talk about sales without announcing the prices. That's a hard decision to make.

But first, you can maybe put the general link to Microsoft's store instead of the US one. I don't remember what the general URL looks like since the coming of the new marketplace, but instead of putting the link with 'fr-fr' in it for France or 'en-us' for the US, there was a neutral URL that would automatically redirects to the user region. So everybody would click on the same link but get the page in their own currency.

Thanks.
  • DeadMartenDeadMarten117,170
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:21
    Also not a fan for the same reasons posted by tackytics and matdan.
    Another thing, the achievement symbols for the packs with DLC don't really add anything. You can't check which achievement symbol stands for what and as the bundle includes everything, why not show every achievement of all the contents instead of separated by DLC pack.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm643,261
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:22
    I cringe when I think of some of the games, like Risen, that I pre-ordered years ago at premium price that still languish in my backlog. redface
  • ChknFingrsChknFingrs1,186,013
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:24, Edited on 07 February 17 at 15:30 by ChknFingrs
    Onsidic said:
    A legend or something to explain what all the different symbols mean on this page would be nice.
    The cups/ trophies show the base game and expansions/ DLC, although it doesn't really explain the difference between the Gold and Deluxe editions.

Tool tips would make clarifying the symbols much easier.

My preference was using the Xbox sales chart under Main Menu > Xbox Sales, as this showed GS, TA, prices in my currency and the proper links to my regional (Canadian) store.
  • skylinesendskylinesend667,872
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:24
    Onsidic said:
    It looks like the first cup is main game achievements, other cups are for DLC's. No cup is DLC without achievements.
  • angelskangelsk1,378,405
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:30
    Echoing the request for the other prices, as previous posts have had.

Plus indications of BC and unobtainable needs to come back :)
  • sirhcmansirhcman527,763
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:32
    Is the Xbox Sales Hub broken? Not seeing any of these reflected on that page
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic535,489
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:38
    I love the Risen series. For those prices, you migth as well give it a spin.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm643,261
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:49
    Cellar Attic said:
    I love the Risen series. For those prices, you migth as well give it a spin.
    I know. It's my kind of game. I've got all three Risen games but just haven't found the time to pull them out of my backlog.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:49
    Seeing just US prices is a disappointment, I preferred the old layout
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads