The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 7th, 2017

AuthorMessage
MattQuin89
MattQuin89
Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:52, Edited on 07 February 17 at 15:56 by MattQuin89
Not a fan of the new layout as it stands, sorry guys! Old lists were much more informative.

For a start, maybe put a legend for what all those symbols mean? shock

This is only useful for US users of this site...

EDIT: Just noticed this bit at the top - Please click through to the product page to see the pricing in your region.

I could just do that on Major Nelson's blog several hours earlier than its posted here. I believe the main reason people love Chewie's usual list is because we can assess all our options on one page, without having to click about to different pages, and see what fits into our budget this week, or perhaps spot a bargain that I wouldn't normally have clicked on (happened to me many a time!)

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:56
And another thing. Catherine is always so cheap and regularly on sale for the us only, just once for the uk would be nice
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 07 February 17 at 15:58
Been waiting for Castlevania LOS 2 DLC to go on sale. Got excited when I saw it on the list. Bummer, game only on sale....guess I will continue waiting.
Llamaman2
Llamaman2
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:01
Is there a way to separate out XBLA and 360 Games on Demand (possibly with an icon)? I liked that those got called out in past sales so I could focus on the XBLA games.
Terrene Fire
Terrene Fire
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:02
Adding to the chorus that this layout isnt helpful- having Uk/Ca etc prices was the best thing, no idea what the achievement section means or is trying to accomplish.

Basically made it pointless to check TA for the sales, if I wanted to click the store page for my region I could have done that straight from Major Nelson
S1yfa
S1yfa
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:04
Why do I need to click through to each game's page to see local price? This is not a good update to the format, the old way was much better, and clearer to read I think.
Sir Dane III
Sir Dane III
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:09
To join the chorus: region pricing without clicking through was what made these posts useful. Consider bringing that back.
Lost Legends
Lost Legends
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:10
What are trophies under the achievements even indicating?
TrueAchievement
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:10
Terrene Fire said:
Adding to the chorus that this layout isnt helpful- having Uk/Ca etc prices was the best thing, no idea what the achievement section means or is trying to accomplish.

Basically made it pointless to check TA for the sales, if I wanted to click the store page for my region I could have done that straight from Major Nelson
Just to explain the layout.

Having prices for 8 regions is a complete mess, so we are just showing the US prices to give you an idea of how much they are. To check your region you can just go to the new Xbox Sales page, where you can also see completion estimates, the average user score, filter and sort, etc etc.

The achievement icons link through to the achievement packs in each bit of content.

We will see if we can add the back compat information to the xbox 360 list.
LethalBizzzzzle
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:14
I agree with others here, I preferred the old layout so you could see different currencies on one page. I don't want to click on every game I'm interested in to see the price.
JHell86
JHell86
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:20
Not a fan of this new layout, I preferred having separate groupings for the different categories. I basically never buy dlc/add-ons so having those lumped in with the games just clutters it up. I found it much simpler to scan through when things were separated.

Luckily I live in the US so the pricing thing doesn't affect me but I can sympathize with the non-US readers. If the tables were turned I wouldn't like it either.
MattQuin89
MattQuin89
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:21, Edited on 07 February 17 at 16:23 by MattQuin89
Might have been a good idea to ask the community if they wanted this before implementing? I would assume an overwhelming amount of the regular user base wouldn't be a fan of this change.

Why fix what wasn't broken? I've never seen a complaint about the layout of Chewie's usual post...

Also, everything being thrown in together on one list is really hard to read. Much better to list games & DLCs seperately.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:23
DEATH CODE45709 said:
Seeing just US prices is a disappointment, I preferred the old layout
That's how it is in Trump world. You guys just don't matter anymore.
This space for rent.
THEpaynexkiller
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:24, Edited on 07 February 17 at 16:25 by THEpaynexkiller
Very disappointed that you no longer show the price for each district. Basically renders this round up obsolete for myself personally. You gave the information that the MajorNelson website did not, and without showing it in my currency, there's really no point to me checking this anymore.

On top of that, I have no idea what the random achievement icons mean for each game?
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:26
I like the layout but I am in the U.S. so I have the unfair advantage there. I was confused by the trophy symbols under the achievement category but once I clicked on some I understood and I think that it's cool. My only complaint would be a BC notification but Rich just posted that he would see if they could add it. Excellent work guys!
DAN NUFC
DAN NUFC
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:26
JHell86 said:
Not a fan of this new layout, I preferred having separate groupings for the different categories. I basically never buy dlc/add-ons so having those lumped in with the games just clutters it up. I found it much simpler to scan through when things were separated.

Luckily I live in the US so the pricing thing doesn't affect me but I can sympathize with the non-US readers. If the tables were turned I wouldn't like it either.
I agree I much preferred it when it had UK pricing on this it was one of the few websites which actually did that.
Few things in life are black and white, only the important things...

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:28
matdan said:
Not a huge fan of this layout, no easy way to check region pricing or whether the title is BC.
Yeah why it this in dollars as default, I though TA was UK orientated.
ukinspro
ukinspro
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:30
If they put something new on sale instead of the same old shit, I might care about the layout.

I looked at the sales page for Modern Warfare remastered, IW & Destiny Collection, apparently I can finish them all in 15-20 hours. Someone's been cheating, ban them!!
Pursuit of Loot
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:31
So why are there now 2 different Sales pages?

If you go to Main Menu > Xbox Sales that takes you here - Sales Hub

But if you go to Main Menu > Latest Products, on that page there's a Sales tab at the top, which goes here - https://www.trueachievements.com/products/xbox-sales

It's a bit confusing.
BRAN IS HERE
BRAN IS HERE
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:42
Where the hells the old layout??
Euro and gbp?? Marks for backwards compatible?
D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.