The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 7th, 2017

AuthorMessage
Dancing Rob
Dancing Rob
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:49
another vote for setting the page to match the currency people have set.

You're collecting this information for other pages, so i'd have thought it's just a case of making sure the correct setting is in use.

Agreed that showing multiple currencies isn't the most attractive option, but it has massive benefits on the practicality side of things, and this is one of those situations where information is more important than layout.
NateCCRN
NateCCRN
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:49
I'm sorry but this layout is terrible and very confusing.
Terrene Fire
Terrene Fire
Posted on 07 February 17 at 16:54
TrueAchievement said:
Terrene Fire said:
Adding to the chorus that this layout isnt helpful- having Uk/Ca etc prices was the best thing, no idea what the achievement section means or is trying to accomplish.

Basically made it pointless to check TA for the sales, if I wanted to click the store page for my region I could have done that straight from Major Nelson
Just to explain the layout.

Having prices for 8 regions is a complete mess, so we are just showing the US prices to give you an idea of how much they are. To check your region you can just go to the new Xbox Sales page, where you can also see completion estimates, the average user score, filter and sort, etc etc.

The achievement icons link through to the achievement packs in each bit of content.

We will see if we can add the back compat information to the xbox 360 list.
I don't want to click through to the sales page for every game! That isn't helpful in the slightest.

The old layout looked fine, this looks much more of a mess actually because of the pointless/meaningless/unexplained achievements section

US prices actually are often completely unhelpful to know how much a game is in other regions- for example basically every Warner Bro's game is going to be completely different as their US pricing is much lower than anywhere else.

This change is actually making me reconsider paying for pro- the old sales pages was one of the main features that made me want to support the site, in fact it was the first reason I use TA over other achievement hunting sites in the first place
A 2rue Boofer
A 2rue Boofer
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:05
Loving this new store setup!
DeviSlator
DeviSlator
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:14
Preferred the old layout. Can we get it to adjust automatically for region?
TrueAchievement
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:30
Terrene Fire said:
I don't want to click through to the sales page for every game! That isn't helpful in the slightest.
As I said, there's no need to do that, just follow the link in the story to the Xbox Sales page to see all the prices in your region, and filter and sort and do all the other funky things that we've added to that page. None of which you can do in a news story.

Terrene Fire said:
The old layout looked fine, this looks much more of a mess actually because of the pointless/meaningless/unexplained achievements section
Again, from the story:

You can also click on the achievement icons to show the achievement lists for each product.

Terrene Fire said:
US prices actually are often completely unhelpful to know how much a game is in other regions- for example basically every Warner Bro's game is going to be completely different as their US pricing is much lower than anywhere else.
OK, but you can just click the link in the story to see the prices in your region!

Terrene Fire said:
This change is actually making me reconsider paying for pro- the old sales pages was one of the main features that made me want to support the site, in fact it was the first reason I use TA over other achievement hunting sites in the first place
Well, that's pretty depressing if that's true, we've added so much additional functionality in the Xbox Store Update that you simply can't get anywhere else.
IamtheNaz
IamtheNaz
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:33
Onsidic said:
A legend or something to explain what all the different symbols mean on this page would be nice.
Took me a while - but i think its game, collection, currency, addons
Still no idea about the different in cups;
Black ops 3 - 2 cups then 5 cups? What?
2 girls 1 cup?
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:35
Old layout too please.
el teby
el teby
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:36
OldSchoolBlood said:
Been waiting for Castlevania LOS 2 DLC to go on sale. Got excited when I saw it on the list. Bummer, game only on sale....guess I will continue waiting.
I would not bet on it. It has been extremely too long for any random piece on dlc to go on sale, plus some pieces are disappearing without any explanation (motocross madness and xcom enemy unknown). I would recommend you round up any dlc you still want before something happens.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:39
TrueAchievement said:
Terrene Fire said:
As I said, there's no need to do that, just follow the link in the story to the Xbox Sales page to see all the prices in your region, and filter and sort and do all the other funky things that we've added to that page. None of which you can do in a news story.

Terrene Fire said:
Again, from the story:

You can also click on the achievement icons to show the achievement lists for each product.

Terrene Fire said:
OK, but you can just click the link in the story to see the prices in your region!

Terrene Fire said:
Well, that's pretty depressing if that's true, we've added so much additional functionality in the Xbox Store Update that you simply can't get anywhere else.
I hope I don't sound rude...I just dont know how to word this better....The sales hub is awful. It's not alphabetical, the reason I preferred the grid table you had before was I liked seeing my region price £ & comparison of then $ price too. If I'm interested in getting a game ill go check it's length for completion and all those other bits.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:42
You have https://www.trueachievements.com/products/554/Tom-Clancys-Ra... on sale on the news page, but I can't see it on the sales page, just the two bundles.
CanadianWhizKid
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:45
TrueAchievement said:
Terrene Fire said:

Terrene Fire said:
Again, from the story:

Terrene Fire said:

Terrene Fire said:
The "new" Xbox Sales page does not hide games already in your collection, which was a great feature of the "older" version so you didn't have to weed through games you already had.

Not to mention that the games had direct links to xbox.com/ Microsoft.com, but now there is more clicking involved. You could combine the old features with the new auto-population (or however it's set up) then maybe you might be on to something of an improvement.
Terrene Fire
Terrene Fire
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:56
TrueAchievement said:
Terrene Fire said:

Terrene Fire said:
Again, from the story:

Terrene Fire said:

Terrene Fire said:
Thing is I don't want to click on ANY link to anywhere to get prices- I want them in the list, so I can scroll through it and see what I'm going to pay, not click on each game, find a price, go back repeat.

All the additional functionality isn't anything I wanted, same with the Games hubs- just a flashy looking thing that doesn't really add anything, which is fine, but this is actually removing content from where you were.

Guess I missed the achievement trophy bit in the story (as did many people) but it is still pointless, and takes up way too much room- same space could be used for..ohh i don't know- prices in other countries?

Be interesting for you to maybe time how long it would take for you to click on every single game in that list and find out the UK store price, and how many of those prices you remember by the time you get to the end? Because that's what you are basically asking people to do
Knuckles Maloy
Posted on 07 February 17 at 17:57
I like the idea, but not being able to see my own region pricing (UK) is a massive negative.
I don't want to click on other sites even if it is MS. For me this is a backwards step. Couldn't you set it up so you had your region selected in settings and then it always showed in that region's currency?
It would also be nice if it was alphabetical, but that's not such an issue for me.
Cheers.
TrueAchievement
Posted on 07 February 17 at 18:05, Edited on 07 February 17 at 18:06 by TrueAchievement
Terrene Fire said:
Be interesting for you to maybe time how long it would take for you to click on every single game in that list and find out the UK store price, and how many of those prices you remember by the time you get to the end? Because that's what you are basically asking people to do
Dude, you just click this one link here to see all the UK prices:

Xbox Sales

That's it!
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 07 February 17 at 18:09
I'm in the US, and I don't like this layout at all. I liked the whole bundles separate from games, which were separate from DLC. It was a good format. I don't like these little icons.
Trikke den 1e
Trikke den 1e
Posted on 07 February 17 at 18:09
Saints Row... Again???
XBL GOAT
XBL GOAT
Posted on 07 February 17 at 18:24
Can we please get Backwards Compatibility indicator for this list going forward or for the Xbox Sales Hub?
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 07 February 17 at 18:36
Saw the responses and just wanted to add my feedback that BC information would be great and I suppose I can find what the icons mean but a legend would be helpful. Or maybe going right to the sales hub and skipping this page directly would be easier?
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 07 February 17 at 18:38
I like the new layout. Sure, there is a bit less information, but I'm sure some of it can be added pretty easily, such as Backwards Compatibility and Discontinued/Unobtainable achievements.

With all the gazillion bundles out there, I can't keep track of which bundles include what content. It's nice to have a way to tell you that, and I think the little trophy icons do a very good job of that.

As for regional pricing information, it is a bummer that it is missing, but it is consistent with the new update you put out, and I understand how incredible of a time saver to have them on another page. I know how much effort Chewie normally puts into those Sales posts, and if it can make his life easier, then I'm all for it.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.