The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 7th, 2017

• DAN NUFCDAN NUFC964,260
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 21:49, Edited on 07 February 17 at 21:50 by DAN NUFCPermalink
    ORIGENxGarboMan said:
    Rich isn't being rude. People complain that some feature they want isn't there and then he points out it is there.

All of this is great. Thank you, Rich.

On the old sales page we could filter out content we already owned. I don't see an option to do that on the new sales page. Am I missing something? Would it be possible to have that added at some point? I understand the new sales page is a little different since it shows everything including bundles and DLC that doesn't have achievements, so you don't know if we own some of the content, but that would still be a cool option even if it didn't filter everything out.
    Think you are missing the point as its great for people like you who use $ not so much for the rest of us clearly the amount of people who prefer the old version speaks for its self, its not a dig or kicking off but as TA always asks for feedback on its features which are usually great., this doesn't mean that is always for the best.
    Few things in life are black and white, only the important things...
  • Posted on 07 February 17 at 21:56, Edited on 07 February 17 at 22:11 by Cemetery GirlsPermalink
    angelsk said:
    DJ DEXTA said:
    angelsk said:
    Echoing the request for the other prices, as previous posts have had.

Plus indications of BC and unobtainable needs to come back :)
    What he said! clap
    She!! Jeez.
    It's not like you have a female avatar or anything :p

Then again I'm a boy and have girls in my username lol
  • N7 GuerillaN7 Guerilla361,466
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 22:00Permalink
    IS $17.50 a good price for Homefront? I've wanted to get it but am waiting for a price that's equal with the quality of the game.
  • notion3000notion3000328,056
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 22:33Permalink
    Absolute rubbish new way of showing each weeks sales. It was far better when it was categorised into bundles, xbox arcade games and DLC. I can only think that true achievements.com has been dictated to by Microsoft. Either that or they are trying too hard. Why change something that was not broken?!!!
  • eayragteayragt197,099
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 22:52Permalink
    notion3000 said:
    Absolute rubbish new way of showing each weeks sales. It was far better when it was categorised into bundles, xbox arcade games and DLC. I can only think that true achievements.com has been dictated to by Microsoft. Either that or they are trying too hard. Why change something that was not broken?!!!
    It was massively time consuming to put together. No other site dedicated that resource to listing sales.

Although, to be fair, that's what made it the best for me. Is the new sales hub still the best anywhere? Probably, yes, but different good. Time will tell if the many positive additions outweigh the loses (as someone who buys in multiple currencies, losing multi region pricing from the main sales page is a huge loss, as it often alerted me to a much cheaper region to buy from).
    Say everything with a smile
  • Oriole2682Oriole26822,499,787
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 23:01Permalink
    I went to go buy Bullet Soul and Bullet Soul:Infinite Burst today and they are $10.49 instead of $14.99
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,572
    Posted on 07 February 17 at 23:05, Edited on 07 February 17 at 23:09 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    eayragt said:
    Time will tell if the many positive additions outweigh the loses (as someone who buys in multiple currencies, losing multi region pricing from the main sales page is a huge loss, as it often alerted me to a much cheaper region to buy from).
    Cheapest region that we track is usually Canada which wasn't shown. Brazil and Russia can also be the cheapest.

You can still easily compare all the prices (including Brazil) on pages like this one - https://www.trueachievements.com/products/4289/Call-of-Duty-...
    Chewie could never have fit that much information about a bundle into a single line in the old sales roundup, including the non-sale price.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 07 February 17 at 23:49Permalink
    wow i can't believe all the moaning... you know you can turn on your xbox to see how much the price is right? do you all voice your opinions to your favorite outlets if you don't like the layout of their sales catalogs?

I use this site primary for achievement guides/stats not for sales. keep up the good work TA staff, this site is the best out there by far. it has to be frustrating to be constantly upgrading this site and dealing will all these entitled bratty comments again and again.
  • WardieshireWardieshire560,166
    Posted on 08 February 17 at 00:09Permalink
    Appreciate the list and all but this new layout isn't good. Its mainly the fact that I cannot see the prices of anything in pounds here it was so much better being able to see how much everything costs on one screen. The xbox sales hub on this site doesn't usually show every sale item and never shows how much a bundle costs like dead island bundle for example.

Also the way the lists were separated previously into categories like bundles and single games was much easier to see what was what.
  • Posted on 08 February 17 at 00:11Permalink
    I'm glad games not yet indicated on sale on Major Nelson's blog are here. Thanks!
  • Posted on 08 February 17 at 00:30Permalink
    Wooow! Wtf is up with this layout?!? Now I don't know what's bc.

To be honest, this is absolutely horrible! Shouldn't have wasted time ruining what has worked! Guess ta is now following the new standard, if it works fine, destroy it. Now I have to find a new site to find sales... This is just horrendous!
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4549,006
    Posted on 08 February 17 at 00:33, Edited on 08 February 17 at 00:33 by KenH2k4Permalink
    Give it time guys. This entire change will be great, but there are some wrinkles to iron out. Suggest changes in the Site Wishlist Forum instead of just bashing all of the team's hard work.
  • Posted on 08 February 17 at 00:35Permalink
    I'll pick up among the sleep ,deadlight and home front with the dlc ..Not bad .
  • matdanmatdan749,832
    Posted on 08 February 17 at 00:56Permalink
    KenH2k4 said:
    Give it time guys. This entire change will be great, but there are some wrinkles to iron out. Suggest changes in the Site Wishlist Forum instead of just bashing all of the team's hard work.
    Someone said that about putting all our menu items into three options, Main Menu, Community and Messages. Still sucks and have to search to find anything.

Poor design doesn't get better over time.

Yes the new features give a lot more information, but checking sales now takes me 50+ clicks to see every sale item and it's cost in regions by clicking each link.

If only there was some way to aggregate all that information from the product page to populate this table, it would still save time in the long run and keep everyone appeased.

Also some scroll-over text boxes for those icons could tell me which of those achievement icons link to which DLC or game. Like what is used for the quick reply buttons.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,572
    Posted on 08 February 17 at 00:59, Edited on 08 February 17 at 01:07 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Wardieshire said:
    The xbox sales hub on this site doesn't usually show every sale item and never shows how much a bundle costs like dead island bundle for example.
    The Xbox Sales Hub that we used to feed all the prices into no longer exists. You really should take a look at the replacement - Latest Sales. We now have every sale item including bundles, add-ons without achievements, even consumables if you add them to the view.

Type "Definitive Collection" in the search box on that page to see how awesome it now is!
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 08 February 17 at 01:06Permalink
    Personally I don't go to the actual sales article when it releases, I just go to the sale hub, so I'm not too concerned with what's in this article. Although, as a lot of people pointed out, there needs to be some sort of legend that describes what the icons mean. For instance, when I first opened the article I thought the trophies under achievements related to achievement difficulty on a 1-5 scale.

Now when you go to the sales hub I really like the layout, especially that it includes bundles. One thing I'm not a fan of is that it doesn't seem to exclude content I have in my game collection anymore, which is kind of annoying (Unless there is an option to toggle that, because in that case I haven't found it).
  • Posted on 08 February 17 at 02:32Permalink
    J eVeRy DaY 514 said:
    wow i can't believe all the moaning... you know you can turn on your xbox to see how much the price is right? do you all voice your opinions to your favorite outlets if you don't like the layout of their sales catalogs?
    Many people, including you, pay for a "Pro account", therefore they have a right to complain if they dislike the product. Take into consideration that the subscription price increased substantially so people want the most value for their dollar.

Furthermore, this is a community driven site. Those responsible for site changes need to know how the community reacts so they can adjust accordingly. If people just accept the status quo and do not voice their opinion, then how will TA know something is wrong?

You can kiss the leaders of TA's ass all you want, but know you are doing a disservice by telling them everything is peachy when it is not. TA will typically fix a problem if they are alerted to it. In addition, telling community members to "turn on the XBOX to see the price" because they do not like the new sale layout is just plain stupid. By your rational, if I want to see sport scores I should not look on ESPN.com, but turn the television on to each game I want to see the score in.
  • QuanticJusticeQuanticJustice1,286,470
    Posted on 08 February 17 at 04:34, Edited on 08 February 17 at 04:35 by QuanticJusticePermalink
    The "new" Xbox Sales page does not hide games already in your collection, which was a great feature of the "older" version so you didn't have to weed through games you already had.
    This. Immediately miss having the filter out games in my collection feature, that was always really helpful. Especially if both your collection and the sales sets are large! Maybe the feature is still out there and buried somewhere, but I can't find it.
  • Posted on 08 February 17 at 04:43Permalink
    A BANNED CRIBB said:
    J eVeRy DaY 514 said:
    Many people, including you, pay for a "Pro account", therefore they have a right to complain if they dislike the product. Take into consideration that the subscription price increased substantially so people want the most value for their dollar.

Furthermore, this is a community driven site. Those responsible for site changes need to know how the community reacts so they can adjust accordingly. If people just accept the status quo and do not voice their opinion, then how will TA know something is wrong?

You can kiss the leaders of TA's ass all you want, but know you are doing a disservice by telling them everything is peachy when it is not. TA will typically fix a problem if they are alerted to it. In addition, telling community members to "turn on the XBOX to see the price" because they do not like the new sale layout is just plain stupid. By your rational, if I want to see sport scores I should not look on ESPN.com, but turn the television on to each game I want to see the score in.
    I wasn't trying to say nobody has a right to complain. They do, it just doesn't make sense for many to rush to judgement on the very first post. There are other ways to voice opinions and I think the staff has done a great job over the years addressing the community's wishes.

I'm certainly not an ass kisser, I am just not one to call a perceived inconvenience an actual problem. Your analogy is ok, provided people are paying for scores/updates on espn.com as a service the same way people are paying for this site. Perhaps my analogy wasn't the best either. But my point of turning on the xbox was more of a common sense alternative (for the time being) if you are truly dissatisfied with the new layout. I never intended my post to come off as everything is all peachy, I just think we should have more faith as a community for things to work themselves out as they often do on this site.
  • Posted on 08 February 17 at 04:56Permalink
    I appreciate all the hard work it took to updated this btw . I honestly do prefer the old page better ,just my two cents .
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.