The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 7th, 2017

AuthorMessage
MattQuin89
MattQuin89
Posted on 08 February 17 at 06:48
eayragt said:
It was massively time consuming to put together. No other site dedicated that resource to listing sales.
Which is what made this site the best.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 08 February 17 at 07:06
Could you please add hover-over text for the different icons?
AKXOne
AKXOne
Posted on 08 February 17 at 07:13
I like the new sales hub but really miss not being able to exclude games I already own. Implement that and you'll have at least one happy TA user.
MushaConvoy
MushaConvoy
Posted on 08 February 17 at 08:07
Not sure if anyone else has posted, theres a couple of region differences:

Aus/UK has a different version of Catherine (different achievement set). Our version is not discounted, only the US version is.

Aus/UK gets Sacred 2: Fallen Angel discounted (80% off). This title doesn't appear on the US store for some reason.
Peace Through Tyranny
KAG1092
KAG1092
Posted on 08 February 17 at 08:39
Have a hard time justifying buying new games when I still have a backlog to complete, but I might have to grab Metro 2033 and play through that again, it's been years...
II ESTRANGED II
Posted on 08 February 17 at 09:16
garbage layout
Estranged
Enter gamertag
Posted on 08 February 17 at 10:31
Not a fan of this layout.

I agree that having multiple prices can be confusing, however this layout is just messy. However it's not as simple as going onto sales page as not all items appear on there (i.e. bundles or in game content).

The whole cups thing isn't for me, I'd rather have a TA/G score.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 08 February 17 at 10:34
Enter gamertag said:
Not a fan of this layout.

I agree that having multiple prices can be confusing, however this layout is just messy. However it's not as simple as going onto sales page as not all items appear on there (i.e. bundles or in game content).

The whole cups thing isn't for me, I'd rather have a TA/G score.
The new sales hub linked at the top of the article does include everything
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Dancing Rob
Dancing Rob
Posted on 08 February 17 at 10:49
I appreciate this is a massive time saver from your side, but there seem to be two or three recurring themes in the comments, which seem reasonably fixable.

The main one is the currency issue - you collect the information of where we are based for usage in the sales hub. Can't you use this same information so the system automatically generates the correct pricing?

This also solves the alternate version problem, such as Catherine (EU version) not appearing in the current article.

The second is the backwards compatibility indicator, which I appreciate might not be quite a simple as it first appears, as I've no idea whether this information pulls through from MS?

The third is the way to remove owned games from the article, which should hopefully be just a case of transferring the setting over to the new system.

Fix those three issues, and all reasonable people will be happy. At the moment, you've a prettier page, but one that has less functionality than the one it replaced.
Enter gamertag
Posted on 08 February 17 at 11:01, Edited on 08 February 17 at 11:02 by Enter gamertag
ChewieOnIce said:
I stand corrected on bundles, glad to see them in there now.
However, the credit Packs for The Crew not showing up on the hub. Personally not interested in them but just saying.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 08 February 17 at 13:36
Enter gamertag said:
ChewieOnIce said:
I stand corrected on bundles, glad to see them in there now.
However, the credit Packs for The Crew not showing up on the hub. Personally not interested in them but just saying.
When you're on the hub, click the View and Filter button on the top right and tick Include Consumables. They'll appear then.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
Yazite
Yazite
Posted on 08 February 17 at 13:50
Buying Among the Sleep. Waited a while to play this...
The strongest stars have hearts of Kyber.
ALollz
ALollz
Posted on 08 February 17 at 15:11, Edited on 08 February 17 at 15:17 by ALollz
Yeah, probably should have included a legend the first time around, or a bit more information. Otherwise it's just a bunch of meaningless icons...

Plus it's unfortunate that now it's more clicks to get to the game's page from the article. Previously, you just clicked on the game name in the deal post. Now that brings you to the games deal page and you have to click on the game to the right.

Along with having DLC with no achievements interspersed throughout the list I personally don't see this as an upgrade.

The only thing I care about are which games with achievements[/v] are on sale and what kind of game are they in terms of achievement difficulty and play style. The new format makes both of those less obvious and more cumbersome to determine.
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 08 February 17 at 15:31
ALollz said:
Plus it's unfortunate that now it's more clicks to get to the game's page from the article. Previously, you just clicked on the game name in the deal post. Now that brings you to the games deal page and you have to click on the game to the right.
The trophy icon is a direct link to the game/DLC pages
ALollz
ALollz
Posted on 08 February 17 at 16:30
ChewieOnIce said:
ALollz said:
The trophy icon is a direct link to the game/DLC pages
That they are. I take it back. :D
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 08 February 17 at 17:34
Thanks for the hardwork as always...for anybody looking for a BC indication, you can always visit my site where I only talk ONLY about the BC games on sale (shameless plug). And doing 8 levels of price regions is a pain in the butt...I considered it briefly when I was doing my site and I just don't have that kinda time. I can understand why they didn't want to type it anymore.

Anyway, on the fence about picking up Asura's Wrath (will be eventually BC I figure). It's the cheapest its ever been but the DLC is still not on sale. I mean, I only really hope the big piece of DLC ($6.99) to go on sale, but it's just not happening.
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 08 February 17 at 17:49
Is riptide rush the collection worth it, I've wanted to play it and it's at a price I can jump on.
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 08 February 17 at 18:59
I like breakdown of what are Retail vs Arcade games. Wish this was clearly displayed for both 360 and Xbox One games.
QuickMessenger
Posted on 08 February 17 at 21:03
matdan said:
Not a huge fan of this layout, no easy way to check region pricing or whether the title is BC.
Indeed, why make someone check two pages for the basic information about prices? I understand that when it comes to achievements, TA ratio, completition time or even BC. But the price...

Anyway, thanks to the TA team for keeping this site as xbox reference.
Bird is a word
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 09 February 17 at 00:54
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Please keep in mind that this is the first go-round and there are kinks to work out.

Overtly rude posts may be edited or removed all together.

Thank you!
Ask me about my rock collection.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.