Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Free-to-Play Weekend in Rocket League & NBA 2K17, Multiplayer All-Access Details

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 16 February 17 at 14:29
[UPDATE] - NBA 2K17 will also be on sale until February 20th

Please click here to read the story: Free-to-Play Weekend in Rocket League & NBA 2K17, Multiplayer All-Access Details
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 16 February 17 at 14:54
I tried Rocket League when it was free, but I only played against bots (or no bots to get all achievements). Is it normal that I suck so much that I don't want to try online not to be a burden for teammates ? I need to play online games to collect the painted item.
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
SolidTooth3160
Posted on 16 February 17 at 15:25
nba2k17, really
OldSchoolBlood
Posted on 16 February 17 at 15:45
I see Rocket League has 1 discontinued achievement. For a game released in 2016 that is pretty dissapointing.
BudgetBallin360
Posted on 16 February 17 at 15:48
Both of these games have an unobtainable achievement. laugh
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 February 17 at 15:56
OldSchoolBlood said:
I see Rocket League has 1 discontinued achievement. For a game released in 2016 that is pretty dissapointing.
BudgetBallin360 said:
Both of these games have an unobtainable achievement. laugh
Technically the achievement is still obtainable. You can still get it if you were to go out and get a physical copy simply for the achievement, follow the guide written to unlock it via that method, and then return it right after. Although it does seem like it would be a hassle, if you really wanted to play the game I'd say its worth it simply because it is a phenomenal game and a lot of fun.

I feel like they wouldn't (hopefully) leave this unobtainable for digital owners. I mean Saturday Morning RPG finally got fixed after 6 months and hardly anyone played that game. I'm sure if enough attention is brought to it they would attempt to fix it, the developers seem like they care about their product.
Camello Delgado
Posted on 16 February 17 at 16:15
In the video it also shows Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Achievements and Battlefield 1 Achievements , I have been seeing people being able to get Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Achievements to download, can anyone confirm if they are also free this weekend?
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 16 February 17 at 16:26
Tanelorn82 said:
I tried Rocket League when it was free, but I only played against bots (or no bots to get all achievements). Is it normal that I suck so much that I don't want to try online not to be a burden for teammates ? I need to play online games to collect the painted item.
Depending on your rank (Semi-Pro, Pro, etc.), you should be fine. As long as you're not playing Competitive, people shouldn't get pissy. Social play is really fun and it's mostly just people goofing off. Either that or you run into teams that wanna crush you. Either way, you earn items just for completing games, so go have fun! :D I also have multiple painted items if you need them for the achievement. I don't know if that works or not... If it does, feel free to PM me!

Also, if you have yet to try Rocket League, I would highly recommend it. It is by far my favorite game and it is great for both casual and competitive play. It's a wonderful game in my eyes because it is easy to pick up but hard to master. So get to it!! wave
War...war never changes.
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 16 February 17 at 16:31
I enjoyed Rocket League, but if you aren't playing against friends you run into the same types of player:
those who can score aerial goals
those who can play as a keeper
those that are just average players(like myself)
quitters

And it gets fairly predictable when you've worked out what type of players you're with.

It is a fun game for a while though, I won't deny that
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 16 February 17 at 16:37
TheGreatKoala said:
I enjoyed Rocket League, but if you aren't playing against friends you run into the same types of player:
those who can score aerial goals
those who can play as a keeper
those that are just average players(like myself)
quitters

And it gets fairly predictable when you've worked out what type of players you're with.

It is a fun game for a while though, I won't deny that
If you get to a high enough level, you run into people that do all those things! Lol. Gotta be able to be a good keeper and striker. wink
War...war never changes.
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 16 February 17 at 16:50
Some people just aren't good at it, but the more you play, the better you get. Just takes time, so try it out!
Lolo Keegan
Lolo Keegan
Posted on 16 February 17 at 18:45
Rocket League is cool, if anyone needs help or wants to get the achievements let me know, I have them all and the unobtainable isn't actually unobtainable lol
GWOT TRAP LORD
Phil the Bear
Phil the Bear
Posted on 16 February 17 at 21:33
I got the original 1k when it was last free to play.

Thought I would get the dlc ones this time, but they don't seem to be unlocking.

Are they not active?
JeffMomm
JeffMomm
Posted on 16 February 17 at 22:13
Lolo Keegan said:
Rocket League is cool, if anyone needs help or wants to get the achievements let me know, I have them all and the unobtainable isn't actually unobtainable lol
Are you referring to the disc based solution? Or is it actually achievable now for digital owners?
darkwing1232
darkwing1232
Posted on 17 February 17 at 00:38
Are the DLC achievements obtainable if you dont own the game?
KrayzieKiller99
Posted on 17 February 17 at 03:30
The dlc achievements are unlocking fine for me
Mr Peanutbubber
Posted on 17 February 17 at 03:38
darkwing1232 said:
Are the DLC achievements obtainable if you dont own the game?
All the DLC achievements are Title Updates, so I would assume so.
War...war never changes.
KrayzieKiller99
Posted on 17 February 17 at 03:55
Lolo Keegan said:
I would like help getting some of the achievements if your still down for it
Einhander
Einhander
Posted on 17 February 17 at 08:18
laugh
Nimr0d87
Nimr0d87
Posted on 17 February 17 at 09:15
I would love to get a certified and/or a painted item via trade if any one got any to spare.. been playing non-stop yesterday and have received NONE... Send me a message if willing to help :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.