Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Free-to-Play Weekend in Rocket League & NBA 2K17, Multiplayer All-Access Details

AuthorMessage
ChaosAlert
ChaosAlert
Posted on 17 February 17 at 09:50
Anyone who's able to help with the painted and veteran item, message me. I'll pass the items back when the achievements unlock (I have no interest in keeping the items).
Ereaser NL
Ereaser NL
Posted on 17 February 17 at 10:17
It kind of annoys me Rocket League's achievement is listed as discontinued instead of unobtainable...

Hopefully when they bring out the next season they will also fix the achievements
Redd Five
Redd Five
Posted on 17 February 17 at 11:51, Edited on 17 February 17 at 21:14 by Redd Five
Stuck at 33%
Rocket LeagueMad ScientistThe Mad Scientist achievement in Rocket League worth 43 pointsPlay a complete match in 3 different Rocket Labs Arenas

Stuck at 50%
Rocket LeagueLeft Wing, Right WingThe Left Wing, Right Wing achievement in Rocket League worth 47 pointsWin a Snow Day match with both the Blue and Orange teams

Edit: Both unlocked today, but much later than they should have. I didn't do anything to fix them, they just decided it was time to unlock!
el tuaya arg
el tuaya arg
Posted on 17 February 17 at 14:01
No unobtainable achievements for me, luckily could get them all (except the luck based ones)
Toni Cipriani
Toni Cipriani
Posted on 17 February 17 at 14:41
I had not played Rocket League until last night when it went free to play for the weekend. I played 5 matches and noticed no achievements were unlocking. I was gaining experience and items, I got some progress on achievements but did not unlock some that I definitely earned (scoring a goal, playing an exhibition match, win a 3v3 match)

Is anyone else having this problem. It seems like its set up like some of the new game trials where you won't unlock cheevos until you purchase the game.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 17 February 17 at 15:43
Ereaser NL said:
It kind of annoys me Rocket League's achievement is listed as discontinued instead of unobtainable...

Hopefully when they bring out the next season they will also fix the achievements
Unobtainable - Meaning no-one earned it.

Most certainly not the case.
xG I GeNoCiDeZ
Posted on 18 February 17 at 00:18
Toni Cipriani said:
I had not played Rocket League until last night when it went free to play for the weekend. I played 5 matches and noticed no achievements were unlocking. I was gaining experience and items, I got some progress on achievements but did not unlock some that I definitely earned (scoring a goal, playing an exhibition match, win a 3v3 match)

Is anyone else having this problem. It seems like its set up like some of the new game trials where you won't unlock cheevos until you purchase the game.
Not for me. Already unlocked 810G in 5 hours of playing the free access
el tuaya arg
el tuaya arg
Posted on 18 February 17 at 00:39
Got almost every achievement between this and the last free days weekend. Only missing some of those which are luck based for getting stuff after the match.
Sadly servers are down for the last 3 hours.
a banned flask
Posted on 18 February 17 at 04:40
anyone have a painted or cert to spare :( farm for 6 hours nothing
Nimr0d87
Nimr0d87
Posted on 18 February 17 at 09:05, Edited on 18 February 17 at 16:51 by Nimr0d87
Willing to trade my painted item for a certified one with somewhat easy requirements, message me if interested

EDIT: So seems that after 10h play time weekly you dont get any more items... effectively locking me out of getting the certified-related achievements if anyone can't trade me one. Ridiculous.
DiabeticChocobo
Posted on 20 February 17 at 23:26
Rocket League is free-to-play right now through till 11:59pm PST on February 20th.
This seems not to be true. I was playing with a friend over the weekend and it's already locking us out, and has been since this morning at around 8:30 am. We thought we still had time.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.