Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Virginia Walkthrough Discussion

• Posted on 18 February 17 at 10:09Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss the Virginia walkthrough
  • Posted on 23 February 17 at 06:23Permalink
    The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Virginia Walkthrough
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,435,937
    Posted on 17 May 17 at 10:40, Edited on 17 May 17 at 12:22 by DwaggienitePermalink
    Great guide so far as I'm playing with it.

"Now head to the bedroom. On the bedside to the right of the bed (the left from your POV) pick up the envelope and the FBI pass. Go to bed."

This is slightly wrong, at the end of Tuesday.

You don't pick the envelope and the FBI pass up, you put them down. Sentence should be...

"Now head to the bedroom. Click on the bedside table to the right of the bed (the left from your POV) and you'll put down the envelope and the FBI pass. Go to bed."

-------

Also, I missed the Toet achievement the first time.

It should be mentioned that right near the end of the game, if you picked up the red glasses and the red glasses case earlier in the game, you can get the Toet achievement in the final scenes. It's just after this part of the walkthrough:

"Coffee Shop, for the millionth time. Drink your coffee, and add something for extra spice. If you STILL haven’t got “Lemon”, now is your final chance to do so. Look at the waitress with the red bandana if you still need this; this is virtually the end of the game now, so we’re almost done and will not have any more chances to do so. Interact with the baby."

After the baby, there will be multiple short scenes, one of which is where you're having dinner with the woman with red glasses. Stare at her then, and the Toet achievement will pop if you missed it earlier on in the walkthrough.
  • Posted on 12 January 18 at 01:44Permalink
    +1 on the above post
  • NendoShisuNendoShisu231,737
    Posted on 06 April 18 at 14:55Permalink
    Also missed the TOET achievement got it on my second playthrough where Dwaggienite say's it triggered for him.
    NendoShisu
  • Posted on 12 July 18 at 19:32Permalink
    This was a very good walkthrough overall. I didn't note any material errors, but there were 3 things I noted where items had what I believe were incorrect names which could lead a reader to be confused.

The first is the only repeated error and occurs in several places, everywhere it says 'buffalo" it should really say "bison" (however, this one does make a lot of sense since in the U.S., most people mistake bison for buffalo anyway. The so-called buffalo hunters were really bison hunters since there is no native buffalo species in the America's.)

The second was related to the Ganesha achievement. Where it says, "hydrant" it should say "extinguisher". I spent over a minute looking for a hydrant until it hit me what was meant. [see quote below]
    Instead, go the opposite way and you’ll see a fire hydrant in the right corner. By it is the Moon Pin. Pick it up. Combined with the Sun Pin, you should unlock “Ganesha”",

Finally third in the Dead Road achievement it talks about a "truck" but that should be a "train". [see quote below]
    Go into the main room. In the middle of it is a truck in a box. This will unlock “Dead Road”. To get this, we needed to pick up that flyer I pointed out earlier which is behind you a bit.
    "May all your Rituals be Dark," -Dread Knight (Clicker Heroes).
  • Posted on 18 July 19 at 00:24, Edited on 18 July 19 at 02:12 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzPermalink
    Dwaggienite said:
    Also, I missed the Toet achievement the first time.

It should be mentioned that right near the end of the game, if you picked up the red glasses and the red glasses case earlier in the game, you can get the Toet achievement in the final scenes. It's just after this part of the walkthrough:

"Coffee Shop, for the millionth time. Drink your coffee, and add something for extra spice. If you STILL haven’t got “Lemon”, now is your final chance to do so. Look at the waitress with the red bandana if you still need this; this is virtually the end of the game now, so we’re almost done and will not have any more chances to do so. Interact with the baby."

After the baby, there will be multiple short scenes, one of which is where you're having dinner with the woman with red glasses. Stare at her then, and the Toet achievement will pop if you missed it earlier on in the walkthrough.
    NendoShisu said:
    Also missed the TOET achievement got it on my second playthrough where Dwaggienite say's it triggered for him.
    I didn’t get the Toet achievement as well. It didn’t pop for me in the office or at the above mentioned time at the end either. For my second playthrough, is the only thing I specifically need to make sure to do is pick up glasses and their case? Also with regards to the glass case, I’ve only seen this mentioned in your guide. Is it required? It’s not red and its obviously halperins and even has her aviators in it. Bit confusing. Thanks guys!

Edit. Got it on second playthrough by looking at her at meal. Thanks guys!
    Matthew
  • BluecrownBluecrown239,934
    Posted on 06 January 20 at 15:11Permalink
    Yep, love the guide, and agree with the above. Was in the elevator and was too busy reading the guide to exit, so missed Toet. but later as McCarran and eating a pea at a time, the cheevo unlocked for me then.
  • Posted on 10 April 20 at 12:27Permalink
    Another thing to add. Right at the beginning of Thursday, it says
    Turn around, go down the stairs past the open door, and into the first room on your left.
    You don't go "past" the open door, you go through it. I went all the way downstairs (where there is an ajar door) and I was confused for a minute. Also, it would be easier if you put "go down the first set of stairs".
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.