Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: What Took So Long?

• Nexus GruntNexus Grunt158,778
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 20:19
    Who and what kept us waiting the longest ... and was it worth the wait

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: What Took So Long?
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339500,089
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 20:30
    Lol Duke Nukem Forever, what an embarrassment
  • burnthelambburnthelamb444,726
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 20:38
    I haven't played any of these. facepalm
    I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 17 at 20:52
    I didn't mind Too Human, enjoyed it
  • The Manic MooseThe Manic Moose1,003,428
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 20:55
    L A Noire was fantastic. One of my favourite games.
    Christian Gamers - Join the bandwagon.
  • MinPinMinPin361,440
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 21:09
    I saw the title, and knew Duke Nukem had to be #1.
    Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy.
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 21:24
    MinPin said:
    Sorry .... no matter how much we'd like to, we can't change history wink ... but I did try to choose a slightly more ambiguous screenshot for the Story introduction.
  • DiegoTanDiegoTan341,190
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 21:39
    I enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever, tho I wasn't really waiting for it. Also, I'm still waiting for Half Life 3.
    Yatta!
  • RacxieRacxie475,247
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 21:51
    Duke Nukem was obviously going to be #1, although Beyond Good & Evil 2 should be overtaking it if you consider that the first game was released in late 2003 and was originally penned as a trilogy. So despite no official announcement until many years later, it's been just over 13 years now us fans have been waiting for it...
  • Posted on 19 February 17 at 21:58
    I was so disappointed in Aliens:CM-I bought a copy of OXM in 2008 with screenshots in it & a few details that were all looking promising.What we received 5 yrs later was garbage.Gearbox,involved in both this & Duke Nukem are true rip-off merchants & a one trick pony of the highest order.I'll never buy a Gearbox title new again.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 17 at 22:07
    MinPin said:
    Agreed! toast
    Su
  • Posted on 19 February 17 at 22:15
    I had no idea L.A. Noire took so long to come about. Fantastic game regardless.
    When will then be now? Soon.
  • madmaxeymadmaxey397,087
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 22:40
    I wouldn't mind another L.A. Noire type game.
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 22:52
    Racxie said:
    Duke Nukem was obviously going to be #1, although Beyond Good & Evil 2 should be overtaking it if you consider that the first game was released in late 2003 and was originally penned as a trilogy. So despite no official announcement until many years later, it's been just over 13 years now us fans have been waiting for it...
    I was really going from the official announcement date until the date of release ... and even then there were a few grey areas :)

If you dig into the history of the industry there are already some fascinating stories tucked away wink
  • Posted on 19 February 17 at 22:56
    The next TA top five should be what IS taking so long for titles like Half Life 3, Star Wars KOTOR 3, a Stargate console game, a full length Battlestar Galactica console game, a Sims 4 console port, etc.
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,587,504
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 22:57
    The original Prey was a great game!
    I'm not certain but couldn't the new Prey have potentially made the list as well.
  • Posted on 19 February 17 at 23:03
    I couldn't get into Too Human. Prey was alright and I guess I'm one of the few that liked Duke Nukem.
  • Posted on 19 February 17 at 23:09
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    The next TA top five should be what IS taking so long for titles like Half Life 3, Star Wars KOTOR 3, a Stargate console game, a full length Battlestar Galactica console game, a Sims 4 console port, etc.
    Man...I remember KOTOR 3 had some abandoned concept art that leaked, and just seeing that art had my hype meter through the roof. Then Bioware had this huge buildup to a KOTOR announcement in 2007 and I remember scouring the internet for any morsel of info I could find. We ALL just KNEW for sure it would be KOTOR 3. Nope. Turned out to be that dumb ass PC-only MMORPG. I've never been so disappointed about something I was anticipating since.
  • White WyvernWhite Wyvern507,946
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 23:16
    Duke Nukem was decent, but it looked like trash.
    Beep Boop
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty690,742
    Posted on 19 February 17 at 23:22
    L.A. Noire was worth the wait, not sure about the rest though
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.