Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: What Took So Long?

• Posted on 19 February 17 at 23:34
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    The next TA top five should be what IS taking so long for titles like Half Life 3, Star Wars KOTOR 3, a Stargate console game, a full length Battlestar Galactica console game, a Sims 4 console port, etc.
    How dare you not mention Shenmue 3 and the next Legacy of Kain title? Lol. I've been waiting for so long and it looks like Shenmue 3 is finally becoming a reality.
  • Posted on 20 February 17 at 00:26
    Never played any of those. I do remember all the controversy around Aliens after it came out.

I'm surprised Alan Wake didn't make the honorable mentions list. That took 5 years from the official announcement, even longer if you count teases of a new project.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo262,160
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 00:48
    I enjoyed LA Noire, it was a great game with the exception of the completely useless collectable achievements. The rest I probably won't ever be touching.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • TomjehTomjeh1,182,196
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 00:57
    Gearbox and 3D Realms dominating the top 3 laugh
  • marksmango1dmarksmango1d176,757
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 01:01
    Only played LA Noire and RE:4
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy525,508
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 01:22
    From the article said:
    , is still considered one of the best videogame titles in history
    On what planet is RE4 one of the best in history? I doubt it would make the top 100.

Given the detail that's out there about these game developments this article is severely underdeveloped. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea for an article, but far too many adjectives and not enough substance. cry
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant740,882
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 01:25, Edited on 20 February 17 at 01:29 by LuckyKant
    Stig Assassin said:
    Never played any of those. I do remember all the controversy around Aliens after it came out.

I'm surprised Alan Wake didn't make the honorable mentions list. That took 5 years from the official announcement, even longer if you count teases of a new project.
    LA Noire was a great world. Highly recommended. Really enjoyed FF XV as well.

Agent was announced for PS3 back in 2007 and Rockstar have not yet released it. It is still on their website though, so doubt it has been abandoned especially as they renewed the license just two months ago.

http://www.rockstargames.com/games/info/agent
    http://web.archive.org/web/20120929083625/http://www.gamespo...
    https://gamerant.com/agent-rockstar-take-two-trademark/
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 01:27
    MugenKairo said:
    I enjoyed LA Noire, it was a great game with the exception of the completely useless collectable achievements. The rest I probably won't ever be touching.
    Useless? They had boobs! Boobs are never useless. laugh. Seriously, those collectables were great for people like me who love cleavage history.
  • Posted on 20 February 17 at 01:33
    Hate to be that guy, but left 4 dead 3
  • LTU EdwinLTU Edwin222,031
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 02:01
    Is duke nukem any good?
  • Posted on 20 February 17 at 02:31
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    The next TA top five should be what IS taking so long for titles like Half Life 3, Star Wars KOTOR 3, a Stargate console game, a full length Battlestar Galactica console game, a Sims 4 console port, etc.
    not sure i understand this comment, first you mention a game that is supposely in the wortks like half life 3. a valid point, but then you name a few other games that you would like to see like kotor3. there is a difference between a game in development hell and games you would like to see on your console of choice. don't get it. sorry
    budah
  • Posted on 20 February 17 at 02:37
    JMJimmy said:
    From the article said:
    On what planet is RE4 one of the best in history? I doubt it would make the top 100.

Given the detail that's out there about these game developments this article is severely underdeveloped. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea for an article, but far too many adjectives and not enough substance. cry
    RE 4 is undoubtedly top 5-10 all time. It changed the game in several ways.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj220,403
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 02:46
    "and was responsible for bringing third-person over-the-shoulder shooters to the mainstream a full year before Gears of War appeared."
    Well not directly. it wasn't till after Gears came out that the third person shooter took off but by proxy you could say RE4 was responsible as both Cliff and Rod have stated multiple times that RE4's over the shoulder shooting mechanics heavily influenced Gears of War.

Similar in fashion to how GoldenEye influenced Halo and then every game was trying to be Halo.
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 03:06
    morphable freak said:
    FightingMegaFoo said:
    not sure i understand this comment, first you mention a game that is supposely in the wortks like half life 3. a valid point, but then you name a few other games that you would like to see like kotor3. there is a difference between a game in development hell and games you would like to see on your console of choice. don't get it. sorry
    Half-life 3 has never ever been confirmed so that is not a game in development hell.
  • James12183James12183554,283
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 03:08
    I actually liked Too Human.
    James12183
  • Strategy OneStrategy One676,532
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 03:19
    If Too Human didn't take so long it would have got GOTY easily. Really enjoyed it and the concept was brilliant.
  • Posted on 20 February 17 at 03:34
    The Manic Moose said:
    L A Noire was fantastic. One of my favorite games.
    I agree to the fullest.
    toast
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,337,625
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 03:44, Edited on 20 February 17 at 03:45 by Shinnizle
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    MugenKairo said:
    Useless? They had boobs! Boobs are never useless. laugh. Seriously, those collectables were great for people like me who love cleavage history.
    I think you are confusing LA Noire's collectibles with Mafia II's.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy525,508
    Posted on 20 February 17 at 03:51
    The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
    JMJimmy said:
    From the article said:
    RE 4 is undoubtedly top 5-10 all time. It changed the game in several ways.
    It changed the RE games for sure but I wouldn't even put it in the top 10 3rd person games. Max Payne had already brought most of the changes to the genre 4 years earlier. San Andreas was bigger in scope and more advanced technologically (1 year earlier). Heck, even SOCOM 2 (2 years earlier) offered more features - though not as good of a story.

RE fans may think it revolutionary, but I can't name a single feature or experience that didn't already exist in the general gaming landscape already.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 20 February 17 at 05:11
    Too Human is one of the baddest games I've ever played
    Hollywood Tony Yeah
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.