Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

March Games With Gold Announced

AuthorMessage
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 22 February 17 at 17:41
For me the big news here is that's BL2 will be Backwards Compatible, which is great.
@ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
AboveHunter
AboveHunter
Posted on 22 February 17 at 17:49
eh i see nothing good honestly other then heavy weapon borderlands 2 360 edition ive finished layers of fear and evolve isnt a game that im intrested in
K4rn4ge
K4rn4ge
Posted on 22 February 17 at 17:50, Edited on 22 February 17 at 17:50 by K4rn4ge
Heavy Weapon may be 10 years old, but it is still one of the most fun arcade games on the 360. Classic shoot-em up XBLA game and it has online 4 player co-op too. It still makes me laugh how a lot of games nowadays say they can't do online multiplayer because of funds / resources yet this 10 year old xbox live arcade title managed just fine laugh
Follow & watch http://www.twitch.tv/karnage where I stream a wide variety of games and do loads of game giveaways!
TheGreatKoala
TheGreatKoala
Posted on 22 February 17 at 17:52
I had a friend recommend Borderlands 2 to me. I paid full price and the 4 of us sat down to play it. I put a good 12 hours into it, they never touched it again.

I wish I did the same. I have no idea why it gets the praise it gets because it is a really, really, really bad game
Racxie
Racxie
Posted on 22 February 17 at 17:55
I'm glad Borderlands 2 is on the list as I was burgled a few months ago and that was one of my games which was stolen (along with one of my 360s and some other stuff), although it was in the steelbook case and that's hard to come by now without paying through your nose for it
I Nuka Cola
I Nuka Cola
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:01
Crap, Crap, Crap & more Crap. With the sheer number of bozo millenial cafe gamers jumping up & down saying hand outs like this are good.....

No wonder they only give out Crap!
DropDeadHorizon
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:06
Great. More crap to fill my game library that I will never complete or have an interest in.
Aliyah
Im Not The Pro
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:20
Nice! I want Layers of Fear and have been going back and forth on actually buying it for a while.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:20
As much as I love walking sims, Layers of Fear was a bit of a failure for me because as a walking sim horror, it never presented a real threat. Great atmosphere, lovely soundtrack, and a decent story, but riddled with tropes and doesn't pay off because you can tell that the game's design will never present a genuine threat to you, only scripted creep outs. It's like a haunted house where you know the actors can't touch you so the scares lose their meaning.

Looking forward to messing with Evolve and BL2 though. I haven't played either, and though that's because I didn't want to buy them, I'll give them a go for free.
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:24
lol @ Evolve. Skipped it all the times it was less than $10 at Best Buy, and I'm still not gonna play it.

dirtysock47 said:
Kedrix said:
Now, the question is will Borderlands 2 (like the first) automatically include all DLC when we play it on the X1? That would be pretty awesome.
I actually hope so, because if so, I can get rid of my physical copy.
I doubt it. Borderlands is (as far as I know) the only backwards compatible game that does this.

I can only imagine the amount of bellyaching on this site once it drops and people find out it doesn't come with the DLC.
ScubaSte3ve
ScubaSte3ve
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:26
Wow 2 games I will def download! clap
GheeButt3rSnaps
LilGurgi
LilGurgi
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:32
Looks like I've got another 4 games being added to the backlog that is my Grand Canyon of unplayed games. Hehe. Free is free so I won't complain and the fact that they're pretty highly ranked games is a bonus.
FreshAspek
FreshAspek
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:37
Will borderlands 2 be BC before the 1st?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:42
heavy weapon? Disgraced!!!!!
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:43
zeldafanjtl said:
I doubt it. Borderlands is (as far as I know) the only backwards compatible game that does this.

I can only imagine the amount of bellyaching on this site once it drops and people find out it doesn't come with the DLC.
Oh of course, but I can wish can't I :)? I can't remember if I sold my copy which had the DLC or not when I bought Handsome Collection for X1 (I probably did). I'll have to check when I get home.

And to answer FreshAspek, more than likely it will go BC either Tomorrow (Thursday) or next Tuesday. They like doing it a few days early to make sure any kinks are worked out.
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
The Biodreamer
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:45
FreshAspek said:
It is already BC and we already got it from gwg.
NegativeCreep08
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:47
Ok so people can get it for free now, but I found Layers incredibly dull. It's not scary at all, really slow and having to replay the whole thing just as I missed one tiny requirement to trigger an ending was seriously annoying. Not going to bother with Evolve either, something the developers admitted was designed from the ground up to sell DLC
PunchedInTheEar
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:50
Looking forward to Layers of Fear and borderlands 2. Couldn't be bothered with Evolve, the game is a fail and won't be very popular after a month of being free anyhow. Great time to grind for evolve achievements for anyone that has already started,
PunchedInTheEar
FreshAspek
FreshAspek
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:51
The Biodreamer said:
FreshAspek said:
It is already BC and we already got it from gwg.
Sorry, I meant before March 1st.
FreshAspek
FreshAspek
Posted on 22 February 17 at 18:51
Kedrix said:
zeldafanjtl said:

Oh of course, but I can wish can't I :)? I can't remember if I sold my copy which had the DLC or not when I bought Handsome Collection for X1 (I probably did). I'll have to check when I get home.

And to answer FreshAspek, more than likely it will go BC either Tomorrow (Thursday) or next Tuesday. They like doing it a few days early to make sure any kinks are worked out.
Thanks!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.