Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

Halo MCC Checkpoint Achievement Distribution #3

AuthorMessage
i am 4orty2wo
i am 4orty2wo
125,541 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 66.35% (Includes owned DLC) - 32 more achievements required to reach 67%173 posts
Last post: 09 Apr at 23:43
Posted on 24 February 17 at 23:21, Edited today at 13:27 by i am 4orty2wo
Last Updated: Apr 23, 2017

A Note From the Moderators:
Yazite said:
I would like to remind everyone that offering payment in exchange for achievements and vice versa is strictly against the Xbox terms of use and therefore TA's too. If we see this happening we will have to start handing out site bans and we don't really want to do that! toast
This comes per the Site Rules, which I have been asked to link here.

NOTE: You are responsible for searching for the checkpoints on your own. I have a list of people who have advertised their help at the bottom of this post -- please contact these people before you blindly ask for help getting a checkpoint.

So many of us are aware with a few legendary threads on this website: Halo MCC 1,2,3,4, and SAGA checkpoint distribution center and Halo MCC ALL LASO + Saga achievement distribution #2 were both centers for the "checkpoint" system to make it easier to earn the LASO playlist achievements on the Master Chief Collection. These threads have become very disorganized and there is not much clear information on what still works after patches, so here's a new thread to organize the info and make a running list of who is willing to help other players.

So here is how using each checkpoint works, thanks to ShDwRpTr16:

Halo CE / Halo 2:
ShDwRpTr16 said:
Commonly shared through it's glitched post-ODST update version in which the party leader will try to resume from the last mission. The screen will refresh and the party leader will kick you. Seconds after, the achievement pops.
Halo 3:
ShDwRpTr16 said:
The party leader will start up the cutscene and then Save/Quit at any time. The achievement will pop for everyone else in the party.
Halo 3 ODST:
ShDwRpTr16 said:
The party leader will start up the cutscene, and one of the other players will have to skip just after the party leader Save and Quits. The idea is that when the leader hits Save/Quit you'll see the cutscene begin to fade out. The objective is to skip in between when the leader Save/Quits and before the cutscene completely fades away. As the party leader, you'll know if they other player is skipping correctly by noticing that the cutscene will immediately go black as soon as they skip, interrupting the usual fade effect. I recommend a countdown from the party leader to sync up with the other player(s). Keep in mind this one is very selective and will not work 100% of the time. As long as you're doing what I mentioned, it will work eventually.
Halo 4 / Master Chief Saga:
ShDwRpTr16 said:
This one is my own method. Not sure if anyone else uses it. I have not tested the Save/Quit on this. I start up the cutscene, forcibly quit the game. The game will select a new host while the cutscene is active and anyone within the remaining party may skip the cutscene at any time.
And here is a note for those wanting to spread the love:
ShDwRpTr16 said:
As far as sharing actual checkpoints, I have only done so in 3, 4, and ODST. Halo 3 and ODST you must complete a mission with the party leader and you as a secondary must Save/Quit at the start of the next mission. Halo 4 is similar to its achievement sharing method. Unfortunately, the only way it works is getting to the end of a mission, or to a point where neither of you can die anymore, and the party leader must leave. The secondary player will remain in the game alone and finish the mission. Then he will Save/Quit at the start of the next mission and bam, they have the checkpoint. I recommend doing this on either Reclaimer or Shutdown. The majority of both of those levels can easily be skipped.
A quick note from Shadow 00 Fox to read too about being courteous to those helping you out

Many people were willing to share their checkpoints, but no one could find them. Here's everyone who has stated they're willing and a link to their post if they ever choose to update it in the future:

ShDwRpTr16 (Halo 3, ODST, Halo 4)
ShDwRpTr16 said:
I have Halo 3, 4, and ODST LASO checkpoints that I like to share here and there. I'm usually a busy guy so please don't take it as an insult if I fail to respond to you. I prefer setting up official sessions during my free time, which I usually link within these kinds of threads.
WOW DYLAN (Halo CE, MC Saga) + Update
WOW DYLAN said:
I have Halo: CE LASO and Master Saga playlist (Life Story) that I'm happy to share. BUT MESSAGE ME ON XBOX NOT TA. toast
WOW DYLAN said:
If I invite you and it wont let you connect to my game please follow these steps.

1. Tell me
2. Add me as a friend
3. Close and reload your game.
4. Once game has loaded press X on your controller this will open the IN GAME roster click on my name and click join.
5. If this doesn't work let me know and hard reset.
x Im GriZzly x (Halo 3) + Update
x Im GriZzly x said:
I have Halo 3 LASO. Usually I'm sharing the achievement during the weekend. dance
x Im GriZzly x said:
I'll host H3 Laso sessions every once in a while, and I will post a link in this forum when I'm hosting one. I love to share this achievement but I can't deal with hosting a session every weekend, it's very time consuming.

For the people that are really trying to finish this game (have at least +560 achievements) ->
Send me a message and add me on xbox. When I'm online and if I have time left during the week and if I see that you're online then I will send you an invite.
FeRos x Destiny (ODST)
FeRos x Destiny said:
I only have ODST, but I'll help out lighten ShDw's work a bit since it's the most annoying/time consuming one to share.

I will create sessions on weekends from time to time and put the session link in the forum as soon as the session is created. I don't wish any private messages (neither on Live nor on TA) except there is anything really urgent.
The CageyBee007 (Halo 3)
The CageyBee007 said:
If you need H3 LASO, send me a message on xbl -- I'll get to you when I can. I don't plan to put up sessions or anything like that. One last thing: it makes it easier for me if you're not set to show yourself as offline -- hard to know when to invite people who are never 'online'.

PS: Send messages to 'The CageyBee007', but the checkpoint is on an account called 'quixoticaxis669' (randomly generated names are the best, aren't they?). You'd get an invite from that account.
Particle 44 (Halo 3, MC Saga)
Particle 44 said:
I checked and it appears that I still have the Halo 3 and SAGA CPs. It has been a long time since I have done these and am not exactly sure if the updates have screwed these up on me.
And there will of course be those who simply don't want to be always available but just make their own sessions, so make sure to keep up with the thread if you really want a checkpoint.
I can read your mind... I know you have Xbox Live.
Yazite
Yazite
TrueAchievements Moderator210,819 TrueAchievement Points5,637 posts
Last post: Today at 13:24
Posted on 24 February 17 at 21:29
Pinning this thread now.
The strongest stars have hearts of Kyber.
Oriole2682
Oriole2682
1,217,384 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 1.80381,529 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 03:55
Posted on 24 February 17 at 22:42
Sounds like a plan...
WOW DYLAN
WOW DYLAN
190,057 TrueAchievement Points230 posts
Last post: 10 Apr at 10:45
Posted on 24 February 17 at 22:50
I have Halo: CE LASO and Master Saga playlist (Life Story) that I'm happy to share. BUT MESSAGE ME ON XBOX NOT TA. toast
Always be kind as everyone is fighting a hard battle!
ShDwRpTr16
ShDwRpTr16
22,217 TrueAchievement Points143 posts
Last post: 23 Mar at 19:29
Posted on 24 February 17 at 22:57, Edited on 24 February 17 at 23:01 by ShDwRpTr16
I can help you with how sharing them works.

Halo CE: Commonly shared through it's glitched post-ODST update version in which the party leader will try to resume from the last mission. The screen will refresh and the party leader will kick you. Seconds after, the achievement pops.

Halo 2: Same as CE.

Halo 3: The party leader will start up the cutscene and then Save/Quit at any time. The achievement will pop for everyone else in the party.

Halo 4: This one is my own method. Not sure if anyone else uses it. I have not tested the Save/Quit on this. I start up the cutscene, forcibly quit the game. The game will select a new host while the cutscene is active and anyone within the remaining party may skip the cutscene at any time.

ODST: The party leader will start up the cutscene, and one of the other players will have to skip just after the party leader Save and Quits. The idea is that when the leader hits Save/Quit you'll see the cutscene begin to fade out. The objective is to skip in between when the leader Save/Quits and before the cutscene completely fades away. As the party leader, you'll know if they other player is skipping correctly by noticing that the cutscene will immediately go black as soon as they skip, interrupting the usual fade effect. I recommend a countdown from the party leader to sync up with the other player(s). Keep in mind this one is very selective and will not work 100% of the time. As long as you're doing what I mentioned, it will work eventually.

Master Chief Saga: I share it the same way as Halo 4 since it's the same checkpoint.

As far as sharing actual checkpoints, I have only done so in 3, 4, and ODST. Halo 3 and ODST you must complete a mission with the party leader and you as a secondary must Save/Quit at the start of the next mission. Halo 4 is similar to its achievement sharing method. Unfortunately, the only way it works is getting to the end of a mission, or to a point where neither of you can die anymore, and the party leader must leave. The secondary player will remain in the game alone and finish the mission. Then he will Save/Quit at the start of the next mission and bam, they have the checkpoint. I recommend doing this on either Reclaimer or Shutdown. The majority of both of those levels can easily be skipped.

Oh, one last thing. I have Halo 3, 4, and ODST LASO checkpoints that I like to share here and there. I'm usually a busy guy so please don't take it as an insult if I fail to respond to you. I prefer setting up official sessions during my free time, which I usually link within these kinds of threads.
i am 4orty2wo
i am 4orty2wo
125,541 TrueAchievement PointsAchievement Completion Percentage: 66.35% (Includes owned DLC) - 32 more achievements required to reach 67%173 posts
Last post: 09 Apr at 23:43
Posted on 24 February 17 at 23:37
ShDwRpTr16 said:
I can help you with how sharing them works.
Thank you for the valuable info, I just dumped it all into the OP.
I can read your mind... I know you have Xbox Live.
makoto niehe
makoto niehe
104,332 TrueAchievement Points28 posts
Last post: 15 Mar at 21:02
Posted on 25 February 17 at 00:40, Edited on 25 February 17 at 00:44 by makoto niehe
Thanks for the new thread and much love to Shadow 00 Fox for the glitch distribution history lesson - a nice touch and a good way to end the Distrubution #2 thread. Take a read on the last page.

On another note, I am interested in helping with 3, 4, and ODST sharing once I have checkpoints. Is there a special session that can be set aside just for that?
Nicodamus
Nicodamus
89,098 TrueAchievement Points46 posts
Last post: 12 Apr at 19:35
Posted on 25 February 17 at 00:43
Pinned and subscribed :) thanks for putting this together!
Appreciate any help with LASO on MCC
x Im GriZzly x
32,384 TrueAchievement Points7 posts
Last post: 07 Apr at 16:11
Posted on 25 February 17 at 01:14
I have Halo 3 LASO. Usually I'm sharing the achievement during the weekend. dance
TwissM4n
TwissM4n
Achievement Completion Percentage: 99.30% (Includes owned DLC) - 1 more achievement required to reach 99.3%258 completed games(Includes owned DLC)67 posts
Last post: 15 Apr at 14:56
Posted on 25 February 17 at 02:08
I am in need of Halo ODST LASO, it is the last one I need, if there is any kind souls out there willing to help feel free to shoot me a msg whenever.

Just wanted to thank x Im GriZzly X again for the Halo 3 LASO toast
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
502,538 TrueAchievement PointsTrueAchievement Ratio: 2.33541,972 posts
Last post: Yesterday at 17:13
Posted on 25 February 17 at 05:28
I was half-joking about starting a new thread, then I was all ready to come in with my flame-thrower wide open... and you blew me away instead with your fantastic job with this new thread. Wow, nice job!! toasttoast

I would also like to point out to everyone, if you can't get the ODST LASO from someone and feel up for it, Halo ODST is REALLY REALLY EASY compared to any of the other LASO's. You will probably want to do it in coop though just for the teamwork and extra firepower. There are a bunch of various tricks that make it easier that are detailed elsewhere, and only a few actually hard spots.
I'm going Full Pudding in the UHH 2!!
Nicodamus
Nicodamus
89,098 TrueAchievement Points46 posts
Last post: 12 Apr at 19:35
Posted on 25 February 17 at 06:39
I too would like the opportunity to thank x Im GriZzly x and FEAR EPIDEMIC for the help I've got!
Appreciate any help with LASO on MCC
The CageyBee007
50,805 TrueAchievement Points4 posts
Last post: 04 Mar at 18:45
Posted on 25 February 17 at 07:12, Edited on 25 February 17 at 07:14 by The CageyBee007
I'm down to just H3 and H4 LASO MCC =D. Looks like I'll keep an eye on sessions from Grizzly (sadly I can't make the one tomorrow) and Fear. Appreciate all the help!
darkmikasonfire
434 posts
Last post: 30 Mar at 19:22
Posted on 25 February 17 at 07:28
Hopefully Nickel starts following this so that we can ask him how much more of a list he has, last check I think he had 150 left or something.
I am epic ~desu~
Muz
Muz
68,362 TrueAchievement Points12 posts
Last post: 25 Feb at 16:14
Posted on 25 February 17 at 16:14
I would be interested if anyone is kind enough to share smile
Cynical Cybran
143,648 TrueAchievement Points9 posts
Last post: 21 Apr at 23:38
Posted on 25 February 17 at 17:21
Would be so immensely grateful for the Halo 2 Laso checkpoint. I've pinned this thread and will try to keep an eye on it best I can for any sessions that get set up, but if anyone is also just able to help me out with Halo 2 Laso, let me know! Thanks smile
ProfessorStotch
17,205 TrueAchievement Points18 posts
Last post: 08 Mar at 02:35
Posted on 25 February 17 at 21:25
New thread was definitely needed, that old one as getting clogged to hell.

As always thanks to everyone helping out with this stuff. You people are saints in my book.
Cr4ck Sh0t23
Cr4ck Sh0t23
485,939 TrueAchievement Points269 posts
Last post: 21 Apr at 14:09
Posted on 26 February 17 at 03:55
I would be in need of Halo 2, halo 4, and Halo ODST Laso checkpoints. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I had posted in the previous forum but with no response. Hopefully I will get lucky.
Fear The People
466,435 TrueAchievement Points432 posts
Last post: 11 Apr at 12:52
Posted on 26 February 17 at 05:09
Hi, i need all the checkpoints except Halo CE. anyone nice enough to help me is a top dog :)
FeRos x Destiny
TrueAchievement Ratio: 2.2254Achievement Completion Percentage: 99.40% (Includes owned DLC) - 7 more achievements required to reach 99.5%152 posts
Last post: 12 Apr at 08:24
Posted on 26 February 17 at 09:17
Cr4ck Sh0t23 said:
I would be in need of Halo 2, halo 4, and Halo ODST Laso checkpoints. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I had posted in the previous forum but with no response. Hopefully I will get lucky.
The very first post tells you which people have which checkpoints and how they handle the achievement sharing.

That means: don't wait for any personal response or whatever, (almost) no sharer will take the effort of messaging you privately and tell you that there's an upcoming session or anything similar.
YOU want help and then it's YOUR job to stay updated, watch if there are any new posts or sessions.

I had a look on where you had posted something in the previous forum and couldn't find your GT in the last 7 pages which means that you'd missed my two last ODST sessions and maybe didn't even know they had existed.

---> You don't have to be "lucky" to get the achievements from those guys, yoo just have to start reading actively any posts in this forum, if that's too much... well, then you don't deserve any help from my former associates in my opinion ^^
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.