Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

[RIP] Halo MCC Checkpoint Achievement Distribution #3

AuthorMessage
bblcreator8790
Posted on 18 January 19 at 12:41, Edited on 18 January 19 at 12:43 by bblcreator8790
I believe it was Halo: CE that had the most significant changes after one of the initial patches with regards to the LASO playlist. Several skulls were added after one of the early patches to the game. In particular, the Iron skull wasn't in the playlist initially:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/the-halo-bulletin-yo...

The initial list was:

Black Eye, Boom, Fog, Eye Patch, Foreign, Famine, Malfunction, Recession

The new list is (bolded skulls are new):

Black Eye, Eye Patch, Famine, Fog, Foreign, Iron, Mythic, Recession, Boom, Grunt Birthday Party, Grunt Funeral, Malfunction

The Iron skull of course makes it so you have to quit and reload any time you die, which is a major annoyance. The Mythic skull gives enemies increased health, which means you have to go for headshots on the Covenant or you will run out of ammo; and the flood are much harder to kill as well. GBP doesn't do anything of note, but Grunt Funeral is probably the most interesting skull added as it actually can help you quite a bit especially in the first half of the game. Combined with the Boom skull you can strategically use grunts to clear out large swaths of Covenant especially in the first half of the game.

IMO, it's actually a tougher call than it seems between the two sets of skulls. Not having Iron and Mythic on will save you lots of annoyance, but Grunt Funeral in the new list is actually a mostly beneficial skull that can really make some of the earlier levels in particular a lot quicker and easier. Honestly, I would probably just go with the current list and deal with the Iron and Mythic skulls. The hardest level of the game on LASO is Truth and Reconciliation, mainly due to a severe lack of ammo, and the Grunt Funeral skull helps there a lot, especially during the fight right after you get onto the ship. It's going to be hard no matter how you do it though, so good luck.
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 18 January 19 at 16:50
SergeantMajorAJ said:
Hey I read from the first post that checkpoint sharing isn't a thing anymore, but was curious how so. I have Halo 3 and 4 cp still saved on my xbox (digital copy and just looked couple hours ago). Saw the message that they are having issues with halo 3 mid mission cp so that one might be dead anyway but I don't even remember how to share it as its been a while since I did. Thanks
LASO checkpoints were not removed with the 4K update but the online sharing method we used to do got patched, thats why the sharing isn't a thing anymore.
Brosama73
Brosama73
Posted on 19 January 19 at 02:49
SergeantMajorAJ said:
Hey I read from the first post that checkpoint sharing isn't a thing anymore, but was curious how so. I have Halo 3 and 4 cp still saved on my xbox (digital copy and just looked couple hours ago). Saw the message that they are having issues with halo 3 mid mission cp so that one might be dead anyway but I don't even remember how to share it as its been a while since I did. Thanks
From my understanding is that by having the checkpoints the only thing that could help people is if they finished the entire laso campaign and it did not unlock for them. Checkpoint sharing might help them unlock it then. Otherwise the traditional method has been patched
SergeantMajorAJ
Posted on 21 January 19 at 23:23
Brosama73 said:
SergeantMajorAJ said:
From my understanding is that by having the checkpoints the only thing that could help people is if they finished the entire laso campaign and it did not unlock for them. Checkpoint sharing might help them unlock it then. Otherwise the traditional method has been patched
oONeonDemonOo said:
SergeantMajorAJ said:
LASO checkpoints were not removed with the 4K update but the online sharing method we used to do got patched, thats why the sharing isn't a thing anymore.
Ok, thanks. Guess Ill finally be able to get the achievement for finishing 3 Halo 3 and 4 playlists XD. On a side note, anyone know if there is a form that I'm missing for bulk score runs or should I start one for the help?
Breton
Breton
Posted on 12 February 19 at 03:35
So I’m a little confused with the changes as I have never done this before.

Is it now only possible to get the LASO achievements by completing the whole playlist legit, since checkpoint sharing is now gone?
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 12 February 19 at 09:48
Breton said:
So I’m a little confused with the changes as I have never done this before.

Is it now only possible to get the LASO achievements by completing the whole playlist legit, since checkpoint sharing is now gone?
Short answer, yes.
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Dr Ownage108
Dr Ownage108
Posted on 15 May 19 at 19:34
The checkpoint sharing method to get the achievement is gone but I’m confused on how this exactly works. I played LASO for halo 3 with a friend and in his playlist he was on The Storm. After we gave up for the day my playlist progress now has the LASO campaign as in progress and I can resume from the same level. If I were to continue and beat the rest of the missions with him would I get the achievement or do I have to still start from the beginning?
I think Dave
I think Dave
Posted on 15 May 19 at 21:50
I made a thread about getting the LASO achievements. I really am not looking forward to starting this so if there's a wizard on this site and could help us out... that would be great
MR D
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 16 May 19 at 04:31
Dr Ownage108 said:
The checkpoint sharing method to get the achievement is gone but I’m confused on how this exactly works. I played LASO for halo 3 with a friend and in his playlist he was on The Storm. After we gave up for the day my playlist progress now has the LASO campaign as in progress and I can resume from the same level. If I were to continue and beat the rest of the missions with him would I get the achievement or do I have to still start from the beginning?
Did you try resuming from the level you left off at? Most likely you have a glitched checkpoint. I would be very interested to hear what happens when you try to resume that game.
I don't know if anyone knows what happens now--it used to be all you had to do was finish the final level, but I think the patch may have made it so you have to beat all levels yourself. I don't know the answer on that... perhaps you can find out?
Dr Ownage108
Dr Ownage108
Posted on 17 May 19 at 06:29
Shadow 00 Fox said:
Dr Ownage108 said:
Did you try resuming from the level you left off at? Most likely you have a glitched checkpoint. I would be very interested to hear what happens when you try to resume that game.
I don't know if anyone knows what happens now--it used to be all you had to do was finish the final level, but I think the patch may have made it so you have to beat all levels yourself. I don't know the answer on that... perhaps you can find out?
I’ll keep playing with him to see if it does. I definitely loaded the mission up and I was on the Storm and everything. However it also says in my playlist progress that I only have 1/11 complete since I’ve only really beaten Arrival successfully, even though I can resume from the Storm.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 17 May 19 at 17:09
Dr Ownage108 said:
Shadow 00 Fox said:
Dr Ownage108 said:
I’ll keep playing with him to see if it does. I definitely loaded the mission up and I was on the Storm and everything. However it also says in my playlist progress that I only have 1/11 complete since I’ve only really beaten Arrival successfully, even though I can resume from the Storm.
Wow, that sounds like one of the working checkpoints from before. Previously, all that was needed was to view the final cutscene... I'd be very interested if your checkpoint doesn't break and continues... especially for the final cutscene!smile
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 21 May 19 at 20:21
Shadow 00 Fox said:
Wow, that sounds like one of the working checkpoints from before. Previously, all that was needed was to view the final cutscene... I'd be very interested if your checkpoint doesn't break and continues... especially for the final cutscene!smile
Me as well!
Breton
Breton
Posted on 18 July 19 at 22:43
I regret not doing this before it got patched.
Daytona396
Daytona396
Posted on 22 July 19 at 01:19
I'm guessing I'm way too late to the party on this one? Im only seeing the thread now, hah.
TPMS WaLKeR N7
Posted on 27 July 19 at 18:29
Bonjour,j aurais besoin des sages ltuk de halo3 et halo3 odst svp
TPMS WaLKeR N7
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 27 July 19 at 18:52
TPMS WaLKeR N7 said:
Bonjour,j aurais besoin des sages ltuk de halo3 et halo3 odst svp
Désolé de te dire que tu arrives 1 an trop tard. C'est patché depuis septembre dernier.
G0nc3p
G0nc3p
Posted on 04 September 19 at 16:29
Anybody got a checkpoint for Maw for The Legendary Master Chief Collection Saga (the LASO one) and for H3 epilogue for the same playlist?

Me and a friend need them for completing that playlist since those missions are missing for us.

I will appreciate that help. Thanks!
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 08 October 19 at 15:54
What about offline sharing ? If someone got the checkpoints and he logs your account on his console in ( splitscreen ) is that possible ? Greetings Nicholas
Greetings Niko
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 08 October 19 at 17:27
NapalmNiko said:
What about offline sharing ? If someone got the checkpoints and he logs your account on his console in ( splitscreen ) is that possible ? Greetings Nicholas
Its working but it goes against the TA and xbox live rules so no session will ever happen with this sorry
NapalmNiko
NapalmNiko
Posted on 12 October 19 at 21:44
Alright
thx
Greetings Niko
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.