Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

[RIP] Halo MCC Checkpoint Achievement Distribution #3

AuthorMessage
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 26 February 17 at 13:41
ShDwRpTr16 said:
I can help you with how sharing them works.

Halo CE: Commonly shared through it's glitched post-ODST update version in which the party leader will try to resume from the last mission. The screen will refresh and the party leader will kick you. Seconds after, the achievement pops.

Halo 2: Same as CE.
it is dangerous to share these two?
Halo tmcc 596/600 .H CE H 2 and H 4 Laso only :)
ShDwRpTr16
ShDwRpTr16
Posted on 26 February 17 at 14:20
GYS GHOST said:
ShDwRpTr16 said:
I can help you with how sharing them works.

Halo CE: Commonly shared through it's glitched post-ODST update version in which the party leader will try to resume from the last mission. The screen will refresh and the party leader will kick you. Seconds after, the achievement pops.

Halo 2: Same as CE.
it is dangerous to share these two?
Not at all. There is zero risk to the host losing his CP. The only way they can lose their checkpoint is starting a new playlist.
Sir Jam Tea
Sir Jam Tea
Posted on 26 February 17 at 14:40
does no-one have the halo 2 one then? literally the only one I couldn't do legit.
Welcome Home. 11/10/15
ssippiee
ssippiee
Posted on 26 February 17 at 15:44
Anybody knows how to setup the ODST checkpoint and getting the achievement yourself? I'm on costal highway in co-op tried to pass it on to my dummy without success. So anybody knows?
Equip 117 with Weaponized 115
ShDwRpTr16
ShDwRpTr16
Posted on 26 February 17 at 15:50
ssippiee said:
Anybody knows how to setup the ODST checkpoint and getting the achievement yourself? I'm on costal highway in co-op tried to pass it on to my dummy without success. So anybody knows?
Split screen will not work. You need 2 Xboxes. This goes for sharing checkpoints on any of the games. Complete Coastal Highway and have the secondary account Save/Quit at the Epilogue. During the Epilogue I use the xbox guide button to force-pause for me to Save/Quit. This will give both accounts the Epilogue checkpoint.
ssippiee
ssippiee
Posted on 26 February 17 at 15:55
Alright, I thought split screen wouldn't work so I started up my second box and tried to force costal highway on it. But I'll finish costal highway then and give my second account the checkpoint and then give it back so I have it on 2 boxes.
Nicodamus
Nicodamus
Posted on 26 February 17 at 17:33
@Clever: check first post on previous page?
Appreciate any help with H3: ODST LASO on MCC
ProfessorStotch
Posted on 26 February 17 at 17:33
I just wait for sessions to be set up an hope I can get in on them. There's no sense in begging or really even asking for a checkpoint here. If someone has one and they're going to start sharing, it'll be posted. Really it just comes down to patience and checking the thread regularly for the miracle workers who have the CPs to set up sharing sessions.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 26 February 17 at 18:12, Edited on 26 February 17 at 18:13 by Shadow 00 Fox
ssippiee said:
Alright, I thought split screen wouldn't work so I started up my second box and tried to force costal highway on it. But I'll finish costal highway then and give my second account the checkpoint and then give it back so I have it on 2 boxes.
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do here, but I don't think it'll work. You can ONLY PASS the checkpoint if you DO A MISSION FIRST in ODST. I'm referring to your 'give it back' comment.

And, nice replies FEROS. smile The question is, will you get tired after 6 months of those comments? dance
I'm going Full Pudding in the UHH 2!!
MasterCh1ef87
Posted on 26 February 17 at 18:45
CleverJoey706 said:
Who has the Halo 4 and Chief saga Checkpoints?
If you look at the upcoming session's the bottom session includes Halo 4 sign up there. For Life Story there's a thread dedicated to that here or you can message WOW DYLAN for it.
ssippiee
ssippiee
Posted on 26 February 17 at 19:09, Edited on 26 February 17 at 19:16 by ssippiee
ShDwRpTr16 said:
ssippiee said:
Split screen will not work. You need 2 Xboxes. This goes for sharing checkpoints on any of the games. Complete Coastal Highway and have the secondary account Save/Quit at the Epilogue. During the Epilogue I use the xbox guide button to force-pause for me to Save/Quit. This will give both accounts the Epilogue checkpoint.
Alright so I did, what you said. Sadly when I save/quit with my second account the achievement popped on my main account and I lost the checkpoint on both sides. So I don't know what I did wrong, any ideas?
ssippiee
ssippiee
Posted on 26 February 17 at 19:11, Edited on 26 February 17 at 19:15 by ssippiee
Shadow 00 Fox said:
ssippiee said:
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do here, but I don't think it'll work. You can ONLY PASS the checkpoint if you DO A MISSION FIRST in ODST. I'm referring to your 'give it back' comment.

And, nice replies FEROS. smile The question is, will you get tired after 6 months of those comments? dance
Do you mean first in the playlist or any mission? Because i played a mission first with my second account in ODST.
i am 4orty2wo
i am 4orty2wo
Posted on 26 February 17 at 19:12
I'll make a note in the OP about how it's your responsibility to look out for a checkpoint when I get the time to later today.
I can read your mind... I know you have Xbox Live.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 26 February 17 at 19:59
ssippiee said:
Shadow 00 Fox said:
ssippiee said:

Do you mean first in the playlist or any mission? Because i played a mission first with my second account in ODST.
You have to play and complete a mission in the playlist together with whoever or whatever you're trying to transfer the checkpoint too, BEFORE trying to save/quit to save the checkpoint to both consoles. You can't just load up a cutscene, or a mission, then save/quit--that'll either fail, glitch the checkpoint, or lose them usually.
And, you don't have a guaranteed chance to get the checkpoint to transfer either even after playing the next mission in the playlist first--I don't know what the approximate chance is though.

So if you played the mission, then save/quitted at the cutscene right after, and it still didn't work... that's not surprising!
ShDwRpTr16
ShDwRpTr16
Posted on 26 February 17 at 20:15
Seems like I cannot share the CE LASO checkpoint using the Halo 3, ODST, or 4 methods. That's a bummer. I had a couple ideas on how to share the achievement at the end of the game, but now it looks like I only get one shot at it, and it most likely won't work. I'm completely basing it off of how the glitched checkpoints work. If only the final cutscene could be skipped. Bleh. I have one idea I can try, but I need to get to the last mission first. Currently on Library. I wish 343 would have just let it be the way it was. The number of people with glitched checkpoints will only go down.
ssippiee
ssippiee
Posted on 26 February 17 at 20:17
Shadow 00 Fox said:
ssippiee said:
Shadow 00 Fox said:
ssippiee said:

You have to play and complete a mission in the playlist together with whoever or whatever you're trying to transfer the checkpoint too, BEFORE trying to save/quit to save the checkpoint to both consoles. You can't just load up a cutscene, or a mission, then save/quit--that'll either fail, glitch the checkpoint, or lose them usually.
And, you don't have a guaranteed chance to get the checkpoint to transfer either even after playing the next mission in the playlist first--I don't know what the approximate chance is though.

So if you played the mission, then save/quitted at the cutscene right after, and it still didn't work... that's not surprising!
Alright to bad, now I can't hand out the checkpoint. Still got the achievement, but a little bit annoying. I might play up to that point again over the course off the next month.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 26 February 17 at 20:37
ShDwRpTr16 said:
Seems like I cannot share the CE LASO checkpoint using the Halo 3, ODST, or 4 methods. That's a bummer. I had a couple ideas on how to share the achievement at the end of the game, but now it looks like I only get one shot at it, and it most likely won't work. I'm completely basing it off of how the glitched checkpoints work. If only the final cutscene could be skipped. Bleh. I have one idea I can try, but I need to get to the last mission first. Currently on Library. I wish 343 would have just let it be the way it was. The number of people with glitched checkpoints will only go down.
Yes, I've been worried about that problem because CE and 2 you had to actually play the final mission.
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 26 February 17 at 21:24, Edited on 26 February 17 at 21:28 by GYS GHOST
FeRos x Destiny said:
gamer=dezie8]
- For Halo 2, we don't officially have one with this checkpoint, but there may be one or two acting behind the scenes ^^

It was hard to get to those informations, wasn't it?
these good, they hide too well :(facepalm
but I ask feros how do you share both H CE and H 4 will take a lot of time! :0
Halo tmcc 596/600 .H CE H 2 and H 4 Laso only ;)
ssippiee
ssippiee
Posted on 26 February 17 at 21:31
ShDwRpTr16 said:
If you need help getting to the end, I still need the achievement and don't mind if it fails in the end.
FeRos x Destiny
Posted on 27 February 17 at 00:06, Edited on 27 February 17 at 00:11 by FeRos x Destiny
Shadow 00 Fox said:
Thx man ^^'

Well, I was optimistic about being able to educate new people in the forum a little bit, but as (not-so-)CleverJoey showed us a few posts after.. it's senseless :'D

GYS GHOST said:
but I ask feros how do you share both H CE and H 4 will take a lot of time! :0
I honestly don't know what you mean by that, I don't share anything anymore (I only have ODST), but every LASO is being shared pretty quick, especially Halo CE and Halo 2 if you have the positively glitched out checkpoints :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.