Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

[RIP] Halo MCC Checkpoint Achievement Distribution #3

AuthorMessage
i am 4orty2wo
i am 4orty2wo
Posted on 27 February 17 at 00:14, Edited on 27 February 17 at 00:14 by i am 4orty2wo
FeRos x Destiny said:
Well, I was optimistic about being able to educate new people in the forum a little bit, but as (not-so-)CleverJoey showed us a few posts after.. it's senseless :'D
I just put a little mention in the OP about it, so maybe it could happen after all :)

Also I thought about maybe deleting posts that ask that when there's already options for you to (kinda like the free code thread is strictly free codes) but not entirely sure if that would be a good idea or not.
I can read your mind... I know you have Xbox Live.
FeRos x Destiny
Posted on 27 February 17 at 09:02, Edited on 27 February 17 at 09:16 by FeRos x Destiny
i am 4orty2wo said:
FeRos x Destiny said:
Well, I was optimistic about being able to educate new people in the forum a little bit, but as (not-so-)CleverJoey showed us a few posts after.. it's senseless :'D
I just put a little mention in the OP about it, so maybe it could happen after all :)

Also I thought about maybe deleting posts that ask that when there's already options for you to (kinda like the free code thread is strictly free codes) but not entirely sure if that would be a good idea or not.
Alright, maybe this'll help, thx! :)
BTW, your doing a great job so far as the new forums' father ^^

About the deleting... I'd say let it stay as it is for now, maybe your note in the OP will have a positiv effect on reducing such posts :D

Oh and before I forget, you can put me to the list of sharers in your OP as well if you like, I only have ODST, but I'll help out lighten ShDw's work a bit since it's the most annoying/time consuming one to share.

I will create sessions on weekends from time to time and put the session link in the forum as soon as the session is created. I don't wish any private messages (neither on Live nor on TA) except there is anything really urgent.
ShDwRpTr16
ShDwRpTr16
Posted on 27 February 17 at 10:15
Halo 4 LASO session up. Scheduled 12 hours from now at 5pm EST.

Boosting Gaming Session for Halo: The Master Chief Collection
CleverJoey706
CleverJoey706
Posted on 28 February 17 at 02:04
FeRos x Destiny said:
Shadow 00 Fox said:
And, nice replies FEROS. smile The question is, will you get tired after 6 months of those comments? dance
Thx man ^^'

GYS GHOST said:
but I ask feros how do you share both H CE and H 4 will take a lot of time! :0
I honestly don't know what you mean by that, I don't share anything anymore (I only have ODST), but every LASO is being shared pretty quick, especially Halo CE and Halo 2 if you have the positively glitched out checkpoints :)
Didn't mean to clutter up the thread. i literally read everything but who has what. I've since deleted my comment and hopefully others will learn from my mistake aha. Sorry for that again!
CleverJoey706
FeRos x Destiny
Posted on 28 February 17 at 15:09
CleverJoey706 said:
Didn't mean to clutter up the thread. i literally read everything but who has what. I've since deleted my comment and hopefully others will learn from my mistake aha. Sorry for that again!
It's okay, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way ^^'
But I was part of the (old) forum for a couple of months and reading such posts over and over again - especially in the new forum with all the necessary info - gets you kinda cynical sometimes.. :D
Zaro Karos
Zaro Karos
Posted on 28 February 17 at 22:09
Maybe there could be a seperate forum dedicated for people to ask questions and helping others to prevent this one from being cluttered like the last two. Obviously there would be a link in the original post. Just a thought.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 28 February 17 at 22:45
Zaro Karos said:
Maybe there could be a seperate forum dedicated for people to ask questions and helping others to prevent this one from being cluttered like the last two. Obviously there would be a link in the original post. Just a thought.
Good idea toast
I'm going Full Pudding in the UHH 2!!
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 28 February 17 at 22:54
You know it won't stop it. The only thing we could do is see if we can have some special rules for this thread. Such as, only posting session links or stating someone has a new checkpoint. I'll ask the mod team and see if it's something we can do.

Otherwise it's gonna end up like the last 2 threads.
i am 4orty2wo
i am 4orty2wo
Posted on 01 March 17 at 01:46, Edited on 01 March 17 at 05:11 by i am 4orty2wo
JamP0und32 said:
You know it won't stop it. The only thing we could do is see if we can have some special rules for this thread. Such as, only posting session links or stating someone has a new checkpoint. I'll ask the mod team and see if it's something we can do.

Otherwise it's gonna end up like the last 2 threads.
If I link as much as I can in the first post and keep it constantly updated, that could solve a majority of the issues that would arise. At least I feel like it would.

Especially since the original fever around the checkpoints has died down and it's a more manageable crowd looking for them now.
I can read your mind... I know you have Xbox Live.
FeRos x Destiny
Posted on 01 March 17 at 09:47, Edited on 01 March 17 at 09:48 by FeRos x Destiny
i am 4orty2wo said:
If I link as much as I can in the first post and keep it constantly updated, that could solve a majority of the issues that would arise. At least I feel like it would.

Especially since the original fever around the checkpoints has died down and it's a more manageable crowd looking for them now.
I agree with 'i am 4orty2wo' here. It's not that any questions should be prohibited, it's just the "I need Halo x and blablaba" or "Can someone help me with.." which is the annoying part. If there are any specific productive questions people want to have answered, that's fair enough, this can even improve the original post by adding the answer to it and thus gathering a tight but still very detailed load of information.

Furthermore, after a session some people tend to express their gratitude in the forum.. that's a nice part as well that should be kept alive, it keeps the forum more human for both sharer and the guys who got the cheevos.

That's my opinion at least.
When we look at this forum, there were only 4 such people asking like above mentioned if I'm corrrect, so I don't think we should be TOO strict about it. :D
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 01 March 17 at 12:25
We'll leave it as is, if the op thinks he can keep it under control then that's good. Less work for me ;)
SlayerInChainss
SlayerInChainss
Posted on 04 March 17 at 01:07
Thank you The CageyBee007 for the halo 3 lasso achievement. I truly do appreciate it.
Falcon12727
Falcon12727
Posted on 04 March 17 at 16:08
Thanks The CageyBee007 as well for the H3 LASO. I still have a long way to go but this has helped a lot!
DarkSquallXx
DarkSquallXx
Posted on 04 March 17 at 18:16
I agree with Falcon12727, I would like to publicly thank CageyBee007 for helping me with H3 LASO. Thx :)
The CageyBee007
Posted on 04 March 17 at 18:45
While I appreciate the thought, 'thank you's are probably best in private messages to avoid clutter =p.
WOW DYLAN
WOW DYLAN
Posted on 07 March 17 at 05:44, Edited on 07 March 17 at 05:47 by WOW DYLAN
Can I get this added underneath my name please?

If I invite you and it wont let you connect to my game please follow these steps.

1. Tell me
2. Add me as a friend
3. Close and reload your game.
4. Once game has loaded press X on your controller this will open the IN GAME roster click on my name and click join.
5. If this doesn't work let me know and hard reset.
Always be kind as everyone is fighting a hard battle!
DarkKnightKefka
Posted on 07 March 17 at 22:13
im looking for the LASO checkpoints. message if youre willing to help. thank you.
Xbox Ambassodor
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 08 March 17 at 01:52, Edited on 08 March 17 at 07:30 by Shadow 00 Fox
ROTFL.....
Ok, I had my fun, because it was funny. Please go and read the first post in this forum!
I'm going Full Pudding in the UHH 2!!
ProfessorStotch
Posted on 08 March 17 at 02:35
There should be a blacklist for those types wink
GYS GHOST
GYS GHOST
Posted on 12 March 17 at 10:44
I can not join wow dylan and do not understand why. :(
Halo tmcc 596/600 .H CE H 2 and H 4 Laso only :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.