SplitScream1
Posted on 27 August 18 at 19:58
Does it still work with this update?
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 27 August 18 at 23:01, Edited on 27 August 18 at 23:21 by lightsup55
oONeonDemonOo said:
MasterCh1ef87 said:
Do we have confirmation that LASO Distribution works? The update went live this morning.
I can answer to you in few hours, my download speed isnt super fast. Maybe someone else will be able to reply soon lol
I'm at 25% at the moment and it should take about 3 hours for it to completely install.

Note: You can use the WolframAlpha app instead and it is available on Andriod, iOS (iPad and iPhone), Kindle Fire, and Windows (Windows 10 and Windows Phone). Very useful, but not free. Although you can just input the same information via WolframAlpha.com.

But I have 1 question:

Before the update, is it possible for those gamers you've helped give the LASOs to also give them out just like viral achievements? I've never done it, but just curious.

If so, I might be able to test this once my update finishes.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 28 August 18 at 03:08
lightsup55 said:
Before the update, is it possible for those gamers you've helped give the LASOs to also give them out just like viral achievements? I've never done it, but just curious.
No. Checkpoint sharing isn't a thing anymore, and hasn't been a for a while now.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 28 August 18 at 17:00
Im sorry to say that my checkpoints dont work anymore. I still have them but they are useless, even tried to share with another account in local.
Maybe we will figure out another way but for the moment i cant provide the lasos anymore
DARK EMO
DARK EMO
Posted on 28 August 18 at 17:04
So that might be it then, LASO sharing might be done. If this is the case thank you to the many years of service our vet LASO sharing team. You guys are legends.
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 28 August 18 at 17:28
DARK EMO said:
So that might be it then, LASO sharing might be done. If this is the case thank you to the many years of service our vet LASO sharing team. You guys are legends.
Yeap, sadly everything has an end. I dont think we will find another way to share the glitched checkpoints. Maybe h3 and odst will still be possible because its working with the epilogue cinematic.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 28 August 18 at 17:29
It is a good thing I got them when I did.

Thanks to Kangaroo Jaack and oONeonDemonOo for helping out so many of us.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 28 August 18 at 18:06
oONeonDemonOo said:
Im sorry to say that my checkpoints dont work anymore. I still have them but they are useless, even tried to share with another account in local.
Maybe we will figure out another way but for the moment i cant provide the lasos anymore
Came back in here on hearing about the update--I removed this thread from my threads a couple months ago after 3 years of it constantly. dance

When you say they are useless, what do you mean--can you load into the levels? Are they completely glitched?

It'd be great if someone can test this: Play a level with another person, then save/quit, and see whether both people get a checkpoint for the next level.

It might be back to actually playing the final mission like it was originally perhaps? That would be preferable to being completely broken now in every way which wouldn't make sense if they were trying to make the game better for new people.

About that update.. oh my. Ya, it'll take me a bit to get it downloaded.
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 28 August 18 at 18:21
It will be pretty sad if they completely patched this out.
If they are trying to make it better, this is not the way to go.
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 28 August 18 at 18:41
Shadow 00 Fox said:
oONeonDemonOo said:
Came back in here on hearing about the update--I removed this thread from my threads a couple months ago after 3 years of it constantly. dance

When you say they are useless, what do you mean--can you load into the levels? Are they completely glitched?

It'd be great if someone can test this: Play a level with another person, then save/quit, and see whether both people get a checkpoint for the next level.

It might be back to actually playing the final mission like it was originally perhaps? That would be preferable to being completely broken now in every way which wouldn't make sense if they were trying to make the game better for new people.

About that update.. oh my. Ya, it'll take me a bit to get it downloaded.
All my checkpoints work with the "freeze" method. I press resume then kick the player for him to get the achievement. I dont need to start any game and cant share any checkpoints.

Now, the game kick the player itself when i press resume. Which mean i cant kick him myself and it wont pop the achievement.

I even tried playing with second account in local and it still wont work. Cant find any other way to make it work.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 28 August 18 at 18:44
Have you tried it with someone not on the same console, who doesn't have the achievement?
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 28 August 18 at 19:36
Yes, the person get kicked itself immediately and no way to pop it for him
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 28 August 18 at 19:38
That is interesting. A lot must have changed since I did it.
When I did it, you could share the last level. So I am guessing that wasn't a thing anymore.
oONeonDemonOo
oONeonDemonOo
Posted on 28 August 18 at 19:57
BulletLukey said:
That is interesting. A lot must have changed since I did it.
When I did it, you could share the last level. So I am guessing that wasn't a thing anymore.
Yes since 2015 (odst patch) for h1 and h2, you just had to press resume and kick the player and he get the achievement immediately. Only work of course if you had a checkpoint before the odst update and if it wasnt removed when patch cames out

Im still trying right now to find out a way to make the achievement pop, but i dont think i will be able to
Aardvark Vulgar
Posted on 28 August 18 at 22:17
For ODST my playlist has all of them marked as complete except for the Epilogue. I wonder if I still joined an epilogue checkpoint if that would trigger it for me (in my case at least).
Kangaroo Jaack
Posted on 28 August 18 at 23:18
Since my checkpoints are different than Neon's, I will test them out after I update and let you guys know. Shout out to Neon for helping as many people out as he did with Halo 1, 2 and 4. Guy is a rockstar
MasterCh1ef87
Posted on 28 August 18 at 23:27
More then likely what happened to Neon's CP is since the MCC went through a relaunch and he had glitched CP's it caused the issue it has. I wonder since his CP's are glitched pre ODST his progress stays the same but the game thinks it is over to anyone that he tries to help. Remember his CP's were for the games that didn't require a button to be pressed.
SPEEDY MCC
SPEEDY MCC
Posted on 28 August 18 at 23:39
I have tried the halo 3,4 with the epilogue and it only registers as one mission completed and no longer unlocks the laso achievements now. Seems like laso is gone for good.
Kangaroo Jaack
Posted on 28 August 18 at 23:46
R.I.P It was good run. Thanks to everyone who shared. To those of you who are starting now and have to attempt Halo 2 legitimately.. condolences in advance
SPEEDY MCC
SPEEDY MCC
Posted on 28 August 18 at 23:58
Kangaroo Jaack said:
R.I.P It was good run. Thanks to everyone who shared. To those of you who are starting now and have to attempt Halo 2 legitimately.. condolences in advance
Yes many deaths in halo 2 laso. It was a fun run. I started when the checkpoint sharing started then took a huge break and came back towards the end to help yet again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.