Game Discussion: Halo: The Master Chief Collection Forum

[RIP] Halo MCC Checkpoint Achievement Distribution #3

AuthorMessage
Wardieshire
Wardieshire
Posted on 31 August 18 at 22:08
Such a shame that the checkpoint sharing is no longer a thing, ah well looks like I'll be shouting and swearing a lot at my TV in the months to come! laugh
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 01 September 18 at 08:20
Elyoh said:
Shadow 00 Fox said:
SPEEDY MCC said:
Shadow 00 Fox said:
I have another 8 GB or so to go on my update, but I'm hoping that mission checkpoints and final campaign cutscenes are sharable again.
They are not shareable anymore.
They haven't been sharable for 3 years; the question is, are they sharable now. I don't know if you understood.
That has already been answered, just above your own post.
Oh wow, no wonder I missed that post, it was posted in the same minute a couple days ago! LOL. Sorry.
Scoff
Scoff
Posted on 04 September 18 at 13:31
For ODST LASO, does it need to be that 10 mission playlist or the 17 mission one? Talking about to get the achievement.
SPEEDY MCC
SPEEDY MCC
Posted on 04 September 18 at 13:48
Scoff said:
For ODST LASO, does it need to be that 10 mission playlist or the 17 mission one? Talking about to get the achievement.
The 17 mission one is solo laso. The 10 mission one can be done coop. Just have to complete the 10 mission laso for the achievement
i am 4orty2wo
i am 4orty2wo
Posted on 05 September 18 at 22:14
RIP. Thread updated accordingly.

@mods if you want to lock it then be my guest.
I can read your mind... I know you have Xbox Live.
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 06 September 18 at 06:13
i am 4orty2wo said:
RIP. Thread updated accordingly.

@mods if you want to lock it then be my guest.
Thanks for keeping it up 42! Nice work. It was the best of times...
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 10 September 18 at 09:15
I have been trying to decide whether or not to start this. I heard that you can have someone help you with the LASO's if they did it legitimately. Is this still true? I have all other Halo titles complete, it is by far and always will be my favorite. Just scared I am not going to be able to do this.
The Fox Rocks!
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 10 September 18 at 14:49, Edited on 10 September 18 at 14:50 by lightsup55
Hexa Fox said:
I have been trying to decide whether or not to start this. I heard that you can have someone help you with the LASO's if they did it legitimately. Is this still true? I have all other Halo titles complete, it is by far and always will be my favorite. Just scared I am not going to be able to do this.
The players spreading the LASO achievements cannot spread them anymore after the most recent title update (released Monday, August 27, 2018).

As of now, you'll need to complete the LASO playlist for each game individually and legitimately (solo or co-op). It would be better to complete the LASO playlist via co-op due to the fact that the Iron skull is turned on (see note about Halo 2). It is most certainly possible to do but will require a lot of patience and best done via co-op.

Halo: Combat Evolved only supports 2 player co-op.

If playing Halo 2 on Legendary, turning off the Iron skull will not turn off its effect (i.e. if playing Halo 2 on Legendary solo without the Iron skull off, you'll restart the entire level if you die). Also, Halo 2 only supports 2 player co-op. And did I mention that Halo 2 is the hardest to complete on Legendary? Yeah, probably should've mentioned that.

Halo 3: ODST (premium DLC), Halo 3, and Halo 4 all support 2-4 player co-op.

FYI: Legendary All Skulls On (LASO)

Don't get me wrong, it is a great game and worth playing (even if you never complete it).
Hexa Fox
Hexa Fox
Posted on 10 September 18 at 20:13
lightsup55 said:
The players spreading the LASO achievements cannot spread them anymore after the most recent title update (released Monday, August 27, 2018).

As of now, you'll need to complete the LASO playlist for each game individually and legitimately (solo or co-op). It would be better to complete the LASO playlist via co-op due to the fact that the Iron skull is turned on (see note about Halo 2). It is most certainly possible to do but will require a lot of patience and best done via co-op.

Halo: Combat Evolved only supports 2 player co-op.

If playing Halo 2 on Legendary, turning off the Iron skull will not turn off its effect (i.e. if playing Halo 2 on Legendary solo without the Iron skull off, you'll restart the entire level if you die). Also, Halo 2 only supports 2 player co-op. And did I mention that Halo 2 is the hardest to complete on Legendary? Yeah, probably should've mentioned that.

Halo 3: ODST (premium DLC), Halo 3, and Halo 4 all support 2-4 player co-op.

FYI: Legendary All Skulls On (LASO)

Don't get me wrong, it is a great game and worth playing (even if you never complete it).
Thanks for giving me a heads up on this. This card I have is basically 100% complete and always has been, only the games I am working on at the moment (which is one right now) keeps me from getting 100%. Unfortunately I will probably avoid this now.

I remember playing through Halo 2 with all this stuff on a long time ago and I remember it being balls wrenching. I remember going to entire clips to get the shields off of a single enemy and ridiculous stuff like that.
The Fox Rocks!
Shadow 00 Fox
Shadow 00 Fox
Posted on 10 September 18 at 20:19
Halo 2 LASO is all about the speed runs and glitches--if you're having to fight most enemies, it's going wrong already. laugh If you are known for having patience it might be for you--it can legitimately be fun if you love Halo, HOWEVER I still remember when I was trying to get through the hardest mission of H2 just for the speedrun.
It was super tough. And it wasn't even LASO, it was just Legendary.
Palesius
Palesius
Posted on 16 September 18 at 20:21
FWIW the cutscene LASO checkpoint should still work in a VERY limited case.
If you have credit for all levels but don’t get credit for the epilogue when you finish it legitimately, then someone with the checkpoint can fix the injustice by getting you credit for the epilogue.
I haven’t tried it yet but there are a couple people in that situation I am going to try it with. It’s pretty common, the group I ran through with only 2 out of for got the achievement originally.

Right now it will give you credit for the epilogue but not the other levels and no achievement. I’m pretty confident that if you do have credit for all levels it will work. Obviously this is a far cry from its former usefulness, but it could still save some people heartbreak.
bblcreator8790
Posted on 17 September 18 at 01:09
For those of you who still want to attempt this achievement without checkpoint sharing after the recent patch, I highly recommend Halo Completionist's LASO playlist of all four Halo games (plus ODST):

Halo 1-4: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3bi5dIhs8VVQCaXlX3aL...
ODST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3bi5dIhs8VUtitEn3gOA...

He has complete, unedited walkthroughs for each level of every game and provides tons of tips and strategies for completing the levels on LASO. I used his guide to get these achievements and probably wouldn't have been able to do it without the help.
Swan
Swan
Posted on 06 November 18 at 01:49
I have ODST Laso completed up until coastal highway, but my game glitched and resets me back to tayari plaza even though i have all the missions completed

Is anyone else up to coastal highway/ has a save that will help me in this case?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.