The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: February 28th, 2017

• Stevo6483Stevo6483276,806
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 11:51
    Question for those who have bought Battlefront Ultimate Edition after already having the standard version of the game. If I order this online and I've got my console set to enable automatic updates will it just install the DLC packs that I don't currently have, or will it also re-download/overwrite the main game that I've already got installed?
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • DE4N MUFCDE4N MUFC932,319
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 12:04
    Got ABZÛ and Firewatch, both stunning looking games but ABZÛ should of been 50% off, not 20%...
  • DJDonegalDJDonegal164,008
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 12:12
    Gah; can't get everything that's on my wishlist! Been a while since I had so many pop up at once.

Going to have to limit it to DA:O, Firewatch and Overcooked. Gutted to let The Witness slip by this time, but happy to wait for the others come back around again.
  • Posted on 28 February 17 at 12:33
    Good week for some great indies...it is sad that I already got most of them: ABZÛ is an exception, but is just 20% of discount...still I will think about it.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,403,076
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 12:35, Edited on 28 February 17 at 13:53 by scotwolf2
    just a query re star wars battlefront. i'll explain and hopefully one of you can confirm either way.

i'm interested in star wars battlefront.
    the base game is on sale at £15
    star wars inc season pass £23.99 or £12 is you have EA access.

now i don't have EA access as too many sports games for me and i have already most other games i'd want.
    so i was thinking i don't want to pay for full year EA access, so if i bought 1 month for £3.99. i could then get the season pass version for £12 + £3.99 = £15.99 which i think is good value for game and it's dlc's.
    i know if you download the free games and stop ACCESS you can no longer play those games, but i assume as i'm buying the game then i'm ok.rock
    i know i'm probably being over cautious and the answer is obvious...but it would be nice to have the confirmed, double checked.

thanks and sorry if the questions stupidly obviousfacepalm

EDIT.....DOH!!!!facepalmfacepalm
    ultimate edition £15 what a numpt i am, got to learn to look and read properly, before asking stupid question.
  • atonedeftoolatonedeftool233,499
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 12:36
    BionicTriforce said:
    Harmonix you fucks, put the Rivals DLC on sale by itself.
    So much this.
  • Posted on 28 February 17 at 12:49
    The Forza 6 deal looks like a bit of a steal. I bought the Ultimate Edition and both expansions when they were released, cost me double what the sale price is. Lesson now learnt, no more release day purchases. All games will now be bought a few months later when prices are more realistic and bundles are better value.
  • Mark FarleyMark Farley679,766
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 13:06, Edited on 28 February 17 at 13:10 by Mark Farley
    Amyfx said:
    pezboyben said:
    Oh man. I've been wanting Firewatch, Inside, and Oxenfree to go on sale...But not all at once! Decisions, decisions.
    Haha, same here!
    I also got a notification for the same 3 games on my Wishlist. Decisions, indeed.

Also, TurnOn is cheap and seems an easy completion - plus 82 achievements! They must pop every 5 mins based on the completion time!.
    MY TA interview - http://goo.gl/TVEEH
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 13:33
    scotwolf2 said:
    just a query re star wars battlefront. i'll explain and hopefully one of you can confirm either way.

The Ultimate Edition is on sale for £15 - this includes the base game and all the DLC. Absolutely no need to go through EA access here as that would be more expensive.
  • Pvt RainPvt Rain328,344
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 13:40
    Great post, thanks for taking the time to make this. One of the few sites where you can see the price for the games and not just the % off.
  • HeyMrBassmanHeyMrBassman456,395
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 13:44
    Dragon Age GOTY is something I've been waiting for, for a while now.

However, I'm playing through Witcher 3 at the moment - will DA seem a bit crap in comparison?
  • Posted on 28 February 17 at 13:45
    This is so frustrating! I got the Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 bundle for £60 with Deals with Gold just a few weeks ago (near the start of the month) and now it's on sale for over £20 cheaper!!!! That sale price is a steel though for two great games!
    One life is just enough.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,403,076
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 13:54
    Stevo6483 said:
    scotwolf2 said:

The Ultimate Edition is on sale for £15 - this includes the base game and all the DLC. Absolutely no need to go through EA access here as that would be more expensive.
    thank you, what a numpty. i never noticed it was UE...bought

thanks again
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 14:01
    no worries wink
  • Posted on 28 February 17 at 14:31
    HeyMrBassman said:
    Dragon Age GOTY is something I've been waiting for, for a while now.

However, I'm playing through Witcher 3 at the moment - will DA seem a bit crap in comparison?
    They're different games with different feels. It might not be fair to compare DA to witcher though, but that pretty much applies to any title when comparing it to the witcher.

On that note, you get your money's worth for sure at that price.

Keep in mind, DA:O is $8 and the awakening is free. I enjoyed it a lot more than inquisition...
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,006,018
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 14:34
    Firewatch, TurnOn, and Unravel for me this week for sure, and on the fence about Oxenfree.

Also curious about One Piece. I enjoyed the anime when I was a kid and the game seems like a relatively easy completion, although I'm not too sure how difficult a fighting game is because I am awful at fighting games.
  • MattQuin89MattQuin89501,677
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 14:42
    ugh, that DA GOTY pack looks tempting for that price... but I don't have a spare 100 hours... already got Fallout 4 & Witcher 3 in my backlog which scare me headspin
  • Posted on 28 February 17 at 15:10
    Battlefield 4 on Xbox One is also on sale for $5.
  • Twisted OakTwisted Oak790,367
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 15:16, Edited on 28 February 17 at 15:19 by Twisted Oak
    When you hover over the price, it says "by on xbox store". It's not a big deal, just pointing out that by should be buy.

Also for Rock Band Rivals, it might be better to wait for sales. Amazon had the guitar bundle for $39.99 a while back. It seems that quite a few people are trying to get rid of inventory on Rock Band Rivals.
  • EvcEvc913,993 913,993 GamerScore
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 15:30
    Awesome, grabbed Inside and Firewatch. I was hoping they would go on sale again.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.