The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: February 28th, 2017

• inDANigiblesinDANigibles271,018
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 15:31
    I think this one one of strongest batch of games in sometime - Hyper Light, Overcooked for sure and maybe Turn On for achievement contest reasons
  • MaesenkoMaesenko314,331
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 15:56
    Stranger of Sword City, for sure.
    The Witness is tempting, have been waiting a long time for that one. But it's still kinda pricey...
    Hyper Light Drifter is even cheaper now than the last two sales. Very tempting.
    Firewatch is also cheaper than last time, but still $10 for a "walking sim" is hard to swing. Even if it is a good story.
    Lifeless Planet looks interesting, and hits the dollar-per-hour range nicely.
    Technomancer continues to entice me...but I can get physically for about the same.
    TurnOn is probably getting bought.

Really on the fence about Star Wars Battlefront UE. Great price, but I'm worried it will be another unsupported game soon, with cut services, etc. And I doubt I'd get around to it anytime soon.
    "I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
  • oaksproutoaksprout503,706
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 16:02
    I was price tracking Oxenfree, Inside and Firewatch and did not receive a private message that they went on sale. Does anybody know why that would be?
  • XaledinXaledin436,323
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 16:03
    oaksprout said:
    I was price tracking Oxenfree, Inside and Firewatch and did not receive a private message that they went on sale. Does anybody know why that would be?
    Same here. Anyone know?
    ^_^
  • Posted on 28 February 17 at 17:10
    Living Legends said:
    Terrin said:
    Living Legends said:
    Dragon age is a steal. I amon the fence for star wars battlefront.
    Battlefront is cool but be warned if you plan to 100% this be prepared for a lot of boosting hours or 100+ hours legitmatly playing and hoping you can find people for the first 1-2 dlcs as it appears those game modes are abandoned
    Playing the MP is no an issue with me. The dlc can be an issue but hopefully I can get lucky and get some help from some friends.
    I'm going through the dlc's at the moment and I'm having no issue finding games. For £15 I would recommend this bundle.
  • EveryBaseEveryBase351,697
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 17:18
    Why doesn't EA ever have Kingdoms of Amalur in their sales be nice to get the DLC on the cheap someday.
  • Posted on 28 February 17 at 17:39
    #KILLALLZOMBIES and TurnOn for me. :)
  • BillarghBillargh388,835
    Posted on 28 February 17 at 18:31
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst in the US store - $8.
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst in the UK store - £12.

Nice exchange rate.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo262,433
    Posted on 01 March 17 at 00:42
    Firewatch definitely has my interest but might wait until later for a sale. Backlogs don't clear themselves!
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead608,028
    Posted on 01 March 17 at 02:34, Edited on 01 March 17 at 04:04 by HolyHalfDead
    Not sure why Battlefield Hardline is listed as a bundle (other than it has title updates), and why is NASCAR Heat Evolution and Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide on the Xbox 360 list?

PainfulLegacy said:
    The complete sale list is always posted a day or two before hand on major nelsons website.....
    Major Nelson always posts after the sales have already started, and only covers US deals. You are correct that Major Nelson's list is longer than the one above, however it is rarely complete (or correct). For example Dead or Alive sales aren't usually listed by Microsoft, perhaps they get embarrassed.

xPut Name Herex said:
    Now storeparser is really dead.
    Don't get me wrong this automated news item is great, but there is still some teething issues as it is missing many other deals.

For now I will continue to list all the extra deals on my blog - HolyHalfDead's Blog

I will draw your attention to Project CARS Limited Edition Upgrade which is currently free for those with XBL Gold - a good example of the deals I list that are not included on Major Nelsons list.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 01 March 17 at 12:26
    Already said by many others, and I'm here to confirm... DI: Inquisition, game WITH the DLCs at THAT price is a steal!!! Really.
    Completed it, tons of hours of fun, nice big open world, tons of stuff to do, a game I really enjoyed!!
    Must have!
  • Posted on 01 March 17 at 12:57
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Not sure why Battlefield Hardline is listed as a bundle (other than it has title updates), and why is NASCAR Heat Evolution and Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide on the Xbox 360 list?

PainfulLegacy said:
    The complete sale list is always posted a day or two before hand on major nelsons website.....
    Major Nelson always posts after the sales have already started, and only covers US deals. You are correct that Major Nelson's list is longer than the one above, however it is rarely complete (or correct). For example Dead or Alive sales aren't usually listed by Microsoft, perhaps they get embarrassed.

xPut Name Herex said:
    Now storeparser is really dead.
    Don't get me wrong this automated news item is great, but there is still some teething issues as it is missing many other deals.

For now I will continue to list all the extra deals on my blog - HolyHalfDead's Blog

I will draw your attention to Project CARS Limited Edition Upgrade which is currently free for those with XBL Gold - a good example of the deals I list that are not included on Major Nelsons list.
    You are correct that there's still a couple of teething problems and we actually stayed in the office until 2am on Tuesday working on this while the sales went live so we could see the data appear.

We're refining the process each week as we discovered that the sales all go live at different times - that means we need to separate out the 360 stuff from the Xbox One stuff (this is why you noticed the issues with those games above), and also potentially update the sale story with the dlc/track pack/consumable deals that they don't show properly in the "normal" deals a couple of hours later once we've scanned the entire marketplace.

We've making improvements and tweaks to this process every week, but of course with sales only coming live once a week it makes it harder to test the process.

Rest assured we will continue to perfect the process to bring you the fastest and also most accurate Xbox sales that we possibly can!
  • Posted on 01 March 17 at 13:54
    HeyMrBassman said:
    Dragon Age GOTY is something I've been waiting for, for a while now.

However, I'm playing through Witcher 3 at the moment - will DA seem a bit crap in comparison?
    They are just different styles. I thought both were great games.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483276,112
    Posted on 01 March 17 at 16:46
    JerichosSpartan said:
    I'm going through the dlc's at the moment and I'm having no issue finding games. For £15 I would recommend this bundle.
    I bought the bundle yesterday just for the DLC packs and had no problem getting games in the first 2 (Outer Rim and Bespin).

Gonna be focusing on getting the remaining achievements, star cards, etc for those packs first before moving on to Death Star and Scarif but with the full game going for this cheap I'd like to think it'll be fairly active for at least the next few weeks.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • Posted on 01 March 17 at 17:24
    Thanks for adding the sales to the site, a lot of those deals get hidden in xbox instead having only 10 promoted games on dashboard.... been waiting for fifa to hit 67% mark for a while and i would have missed it if it wasn't for admin. Keep up the good work guys, on all fronts this site is a one stop shop, rarely go to the official xbox site at all now.cn_guide
  • RocketCKRocketCK221,256
    Posted on 01 March 17 at 19:21
    Glad I waited to buy the dlc for Dragon Age dance
  • Posted on 01 March 17 at 22:14
    Can someone pls tell me where the GOLD tab has gone from the UI , now I gotta rely on this page for all the discounts of the fortnight . Any help please !! WTF
  • Posted on 02 March 17 at 14:59
    Bought TurnOn but it has some very aggravating free run section in it, definitely not the easy 1000g it may seem
  • PabloUK85PabloUK85601,043
    Posted on 02 March 17 at 15:40
    Think I will limit myself to getting Oxenfree, certainly piques my interest. Would get more but seriously need to work on my backlog
    https://thelonelycornerflag.blogspot.com - feel free to check it out if you like football/soccer
  • cenGii91cenGii91340,806
    Posted on 03 March 17 at 03:13
    What about Forza 5 Car Pass? I remember, that for 2 achievements you need 2 cars, that can only be bought per DLC, but i don't know if this includes them, as the description says only in-game. If this is the case, i think i only buy those 2, otherwise the car pass for only 5€ seems to be highly worthwile.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.