Please use this thread to discuss the The Final Station walkthrough
Posted on 14 April 17 at 20:25
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: The Final Station Walkthrough
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 21 April 17 at 11:37
FANTASTIC WALKTHROUGH!!!

One suggestion, though. I follow text guides a lot, and it's easy to get lost in really long paragraphs. Is there any way to break them down a bit so that I don't miss certain parts? (I'm commenting as I follow through.)

Just my two cents. toast
LeXXuz
LeXXuz
Posted on 16 June 17 at 00:34
How do you craft items on the train?
I have enough resources but 9/10 times I can't hit the craft button no matter how often I press cn_A
LeXXuz
LeXXuz
Posted on 17 June 17 at 17:45, Edited on 17 June 17 at 17:45 by LeXXuz
Never mind. Seems I have to use cn_LSd before cn_A
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 17 June 17 at 18:29
Yeah, crafting is a total PITA.
zeno2k
zeno2k
Posted on 17 June 17 at 23:09
Hi... just one question: passengers are cumulative through different playtrough?
I was unable to save all of them and reached the end of the levels with 5 people alive...
zeno2k
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 18 June 17 at 00:29
No. Must be one playthrough.
zeno2k
zeno2k
Posted on 18 June 17 at 08:54
Thanks!
zeno2k
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 18 June 17 at 13:56
Let me clatify: there are several achievements for having enough passengers survive to a station. The game has segments. If one dies in one segment, you won't get that achievement, but you can still get the achievement for the next segment (check the achievement list to see where each segment ends) as long as you find them all and they all survive.
zeno2k
zeno2k
Posted on 19 June 17 at 07:25
Thanks! Yeah: I got the point.
Unfortunately I've reached the 2nd and the 3rd station with just 5 passengers alive (one died and there was nothing I could do to avoid, since I was out of meds and food).
Checking the progress in achievements sheet I saw I got a % of progression, that's why I was wandering if in a second playthrough it will be sufficient just saving the 6th one.

Another question: I'm almost at the end of the game and now I'm full of money and meds... there's any kind of chapter selection? NG+ or something like that after the completion?
zeno2k
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 19 June 17 at 17:32
No, you'll have to start a new game, as far as I remember.
zeno2k
zeno2k
Posted on 20 June 17 at 07:59
Yep... confirmed... very bad indeed... but it's not too long, I'll give a second try ;)
zeno2k
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 11 July 17 at 05:52
Apologies, I don't get notifications on the site for walkthrough forum posts so I'm glad I decided to check it out.

Thank you for clarifying about the passengers Sasha. Yes, they all need to survive in one playthrough but if you follow the guide to a T (including the hints and tips about when/how to use food/health) you should be alright, especially if you craft medkits. And yes, the UI onboard the train when it comes to viewing the map, text convos, and crafting is horrific. I was basically guessing as to what was highlighted while I was playing.

As for the text in the walkthrough, just like you I prefer text walkthroughs as I personally feel it's counterproductive most of the time to watch a video walkthrough while trying to play. While I was putting it together I did notice that there would be walls of texts, so I made sure to bold all important things like directions, passengers, item pickups and such. I didn't break it up because I felt like it would make more sense to keep it all in one place so it is easier to associate each paragraph with its chapter considering there are no natural breaks within each chapter (minus starting/finishing), but I can take a look at it and try to break it up in a logical way if it makes it easier for some people.

Also I'm glad people are getting to use this and I hope it's helping. I honestly threw this together because I had just finished my first walkthrough for Wheels of Aurelia and writing them up kept me busy while I had some down time at school since I don't have an xbox there. I had to play through it for the third time (by the end of filming the clips I was probably on my fifth...), so I figured why not just take clips while playing through it when I came home and then write up the text while I'm at school. Just a funny coincidence that Microsoft gave it out for people who watched their E3 Mixer stream laugh

If there are further concerns feel free to pm me on here, otherwise it may be another three months before I check back in since I don't get the notifications for it.
Gerbasgamer
Gerbasgamer
Posted on 22 November 17 at 14:12
I was pretty conservative with my food rations and it still looks like I can't do the last segment based on what you consumed during the train rides and what you found in those last levels.

I guess it would be wiser to start from scratch, not using any food (thus letting the passengers die) and when I reach the last segment, I should have a huge amount of both food and med kits.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.