Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and More Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:02
Brave Cypher said:
dirtysock47 said:
Looks like Disney is going to start pumping out BC games. Hoping for Split Second next smile
YASSS! I loved that game, that game gets the heart pumping! lol
Is it possible Disney doesn't have the rights for Split/Second anymore?
Rich of ReviewTechUSA only cares about money not his subscribers. - ReviewHellUSA ReviewTechUSA Top 20 Fraud Fails http://tinyurl.com/hp58eku
Mtld
Mtld
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:09
Bathtup47 said:
Someone spent part of their limited time on this earth making sure Meet the Robinsons was backwards compatible
laugh
BLAZE VII
BLAZE VII
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:11, Edited on 02 March 17 at 19:26 by BLAZE VII
Ugh those two Dead Rising arcades are haunting me every since the release on the Xbox360 cause THEY ARE NOT AVAILABE in f**** Germany. angry How bow naow?

Edit: Never mind I just tested it. You can change your console location to Austria to see both games on the marketplace, since they are not availabe on the German marketplace (you guys on TA should mention this in your article). Anyhoo, if you hit "continue" to buy the game it will say

"Es tut uns leid. Diese Angebot ist in Ihrer Region nicht gültig."

So that's a big nay-nay. So much for backwards compabilites...but yeah DR4 is on the German marketplace sure sure...*sigh* roll
"A person's life is not defined by age, but by the choices they make." - Sheva Alomar (Resident Evil 5)
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:15
CONKER1182 said:
Is BC going to make it easier to play Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (JP), Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP), and the Korean versions of those games?
No, the problem was never about playing them (they do work on any PAL or NTSC Xbox 360), the problem was about acquiring them. Japanese XBLA marketplace requires a valid Japanese Credit Card or something like that, and access to XBL Korean marketplace requires a valid Korean equivalent to the US Social Security Number if I recall correctly.
Braiiins
Braiiins
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:30
Was there a promo involving case zero that I could've gotten it from that isn't through the marketplace? My X1 says I don't own it but I own it and have played it on my 360. It's only $5 but I'd rather not spend it again if I already own it.
Goldfire64
Goldfire64
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:36
Psparky27 said:
OK dumb question so why isn't Dead rising 2 BC? I know there was a Xbox one version of it but with this mini versions now BC why not the Main game? Or am I totally missing something here?
This is Capcom we are talking about. Since they re-released them as basically the same game, I would be surprised if they ever became backwards compatible. They would rather you buy the same game twice than let you get to continue to use the one you already paid for.
Goldfire64
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:42
Goldfire64 said:
Psparky27 said:
OK dumb question so why isn't Dead rising 2 BC? I know there was a Xbox one version of it but with this mini versions now BC why not the Main game? Or am I totally missing something here?
This is Capcom we are talking about. Since they re-released them as basically the same game, I would be surprised if they ever became backwards compatible. They would rather you buy the same game twice than let you get to continue to use the one you already paid for.
You mean Crapcom.
Rich of ReviewTechUSA only cares about money not his subscribers. - ReviewHellUSA ReviewTechUSA Top 20 Fraud Fails http://tinyurl.com/hp58eku
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:42
BLAZE VII said:
Ugh those two Dead Rising arcades are haunting me every since the release on the Xbox360 cause THEY ARE NOT AVAILABE in f**** Germany. angry How bow naow?

Edit: Never mind I just tested it. You can change your console location to Austria to see both games on the marketplace, since they are not availabe on the German marketplace (you guys on TA should mention this in your article). Anyhoo, if you hit "continue" to buy the game it will say

"Es tut uns leid. Diese Angebot ist in Ihrer Region nicht gültig."

So that's a big nay-nay. So much for backwards compabilites...but yeah DR4 is on the German marketplace sure sure...*sigh* roll
360 marketplace is tied to your accounts region that you picked during account creation. So just make another account in the designated region. US might be cheaper than Australia.
XxFrAsZeRxX
XxFrAsZeRxX
Posted on 02 March 17 at 19:55, Edited on 02 March 17 at 19:55 by XxFrAsZeRxX
xPut Name Herex said:
CONKER1182 said:
Is BC going to make it easier to play Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (JP), Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP), and the Korean versions of those games?
No, the problem was never about playing them (they do work on any PAL or NTSC Xbox 360), the problem was about acquiring them. Japanese XBLA marketplace requires a valid Japanese Credit Card or something like that, and access to XBL Korean marketplace requires a valid Korean equivalent to the US Social Security Number if I recall correctly.
For Korea, yes. For Japan, no, you just need a japanese account and you can use PayPal as the payment method. You can do this for any region except Korea, which you need some kind of login. As a proof I have a German and Japanese account that I can purchase things from the marketplace with. You just need to create a live account that has its address as some random address in the country you want to buy from, then just use PayPal as your payment method.

Theoretically you could make a Korean account if you know someone from Korea. The problem isn't buying things, you just have to confirm your age after making your account in order to use it, which requires some sort of log in. Probably something like a SSN.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 02 March 17 at 20:23, Edited on 02 March 17 at 20:24 by misfit119
XxFrAsZeRxX said:
xPut Name Herex said:
CONKER1182 said:
For Korea, yes. For Japan, no, you just need a japanese account and you can use PayPal as the payment method. You can do this for any region except Korea, which you need some kind of login. As a proof I have a German and Japanese account that I can purchase things from the marketplace with. You just need to create a live account that has its address as some random address in the country you want to buy from, then just use PayPal as your payment method.

Theoretically you could make a Korean account if you know someone from Korea. The problem isn't buying things, you just have to confirm your age after making your account in order to use it, which requires some sort of log in. Probably something like a SSN.
The problem is that for certain ratings on Japanese games you need to have a valid Japanese credit card on the account. I think it's the CERO Z games? Not sure but it basically prevents you from buying some games digitally. Also Paypal doesn't work for some regions, like Hong Kong, so you have to buy currency for those regions and then buy. It's a pain in the butt but not too bad unless it's a digital only game and you can't work around it easily like the CERO Z game situation. Both Korea and China basically require your SSN equivalent to buy things so that's a rough one as well. Tried to see if my fiancee's brother could share his info but apparently even though he's lived in Korea for like five years he doesn't have the required number so, ya know, not easy to get.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 02 March 17 at 21:32
Did dead rising KR not go backwards as well?
MarioToo
MarioToo
Posted on 02 March 17 at 21:32, Edited on 03 March 17 at 01:05 by MarioToo
Case 0 isn't even showing up in the store or in my games and apps. Case West is there.

Edit: Nevermind, showing now. It's listed further down. Doesn't fall alphabetical because it's listed as DR2: Case 0.
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 02 March 17 at 23:09, Edited on 02 March 17 at 23:09 by BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
CONKER1182 said:
Nomstuff said:
I'm pretty sure the KOR versions were delisted. Should be tough to get them.
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
CONKER1182
CONKER1182
Posted on 03 March 17 at 01:04
misfit119 said:
XxFrAsZeRxX said:
xPut Name Herex said:
CONKER1182 said:

The problem is that for certain ratings on Japanese games you need to have a valid Japanese credit card on the account. I think it's the CERO Z games? Not sure but it basically prevents you from buying some games digitally. Also Paypal doesn't work for some regions, like Hong Kong, so you have to buy currency for those regions and then buy. It's a pain in the butt but not too bad unless it's a digital only game and you can't work around it easily like the CERO Z game situation. Both Korea and China basically require your SSN equivalent to buy things so that's a rough one as well. Tried to see if my fiancee's brother could share his info but apparently even though he's lived in Korea for like five years he doesn't have the required number so, ya know, not easy to get.
Is their anyway for a US and European citizen to get a Japanese Credit Card?
HARDC0REWARRI0R
Posted on 03 March 17 at 01:39
dirtysock47 said:
Looks like Disney is going to start pumping out BC games. Hoping for Split Second next smile
Hell yeah clap and give us Split Second 2 already ...tired of waiting warning
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 03 March 17 at 01:41
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
CONKER1182 said:
Nomstuff said:
oh yeah, I know it's delisted and a nightmare to get hold of, still strange that it didn't go backwards with the other two.
Psymon
Psymon
Posted on 03 March 17 at 01:53
Nomstuff said:
oh yeah, I know it's delisted and a nightmare to get hold of, still strange that it didn't go backwards with the other two.
They are backwards compatible.
Nomstuff
Nomstuff
Posted on 03 March 17 at 01:55
oh cool, article doesn't mention it
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 03 March 17 at 01:56
Nomstuff said:
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
CONKER1182 said:
Nomstuff said:
I don't know if they are delisted, but rather the constraints on accessing the Korean XBL marketplace for them makes them appear to be delisted to the outside world. Hopefully someone has a definitive answer.
BreakBacon
BreakBacon
Posted on 03 March 17 at 02:00
It's nice that they are doing this, apparently all that is required is publisher support. So many more to go.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.