Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and More Now Backward Compatible

AuthorMessage
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 03 March 17 at 02:12
xPut Name Herex said:
Nomstuff said:
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
CONKER1182 said:
Is BC going to make it easier to play Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (JP), Dead Rising 2: Case West (JP), and the Korean versions of those games?
Nomstuff said:
Did dead rising KR not go backwards as well?
I'm pretty sure the KOR versions were delisted. Should be tough to get them.
oh yeah, I know it's delisted and a nightmare to get hold of, still strange that it didn't go backwards with the other two.
I don't know if they are delisted, but rather the constraints on accessing the Korean XBL marketplace for them makes them appear to be delisted to the outside world. Hopefully someone has a definitive answer.
Is there a North Korean version too? shock
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....[s]5th in the WORLD!!![/s] Board finally got hacked! [facepalm]
IneptHaddock394
Posted on 03 March 17 at 04:14
Halo 3 when?? angry
SilenceDeMort
SilenceDeMort
Posted on 03 March 17 at 05:02
Still no Dragon Age 2.... D:
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
PunchedInTheEar
Posted on 03 March 17 at 05:03
Makes it a lot easier to finish my backlog when I'm able to play my old games on the one. I'm happy about this, I'll finally finish two more games in my backlog. clap
PunchedInTheEar
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 03 March 17 at 05:39
CONKER1182 said:
misfit119 said:
The problem is that for certain ratings on Japanese games you need to have a valid Japanese credit card on the account. I think it's the CERO Z games? Not sure but it basically prevents you from buying some games digitally. Also Paypal doesn't work for some regions, like Hong Kong, so you have to buy currency for those regions and then buy. It's a pain in the butt but not too bad unless it's a digital only game and you can't work around it easily like the CERO Z game situation. Both Korea and China basically require your SSN equivalent to buy things so that's a rough one as well. Tried to see if my fiancee's brother could share his info but apparently even though he's lived in Korea for like five years he doesn't have the required number so, ya know, not easy to get.
Is their anyway for a US and European citizen to get a Japanese Credit Card?
I looked into it at one point. The main problem is that they generally only give the cards to people who are living in Japan at the time of application. Plus they're not huge on giving them to foreigners in general since you have no credit score in Japan and foreign ones don't count. If you look at most websites for the cards you'll see this text:

Who can apply: International can apply only to those who have a settlement account with a financial institution that we are affiliated with over the age of 18 (excluding high school students).
The only guy I know who could get one while living abroad managed it via shenanigans involving getting a prepaid phone plan, waiting for that company to have a credit card offer and then applying.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 03 March 17 at 06:09, Edited on 03 March 17 at 06:25 by xPut Name Herex
I'm hearing (but can't confirm) that if you own the two dead rising arcade games, change your One's store region to Japan, and the Japanese versions will appear in your "Ready To Install" List.
Pretty sure this isn't the case.
Jay Insomniak
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 03 March 17 at 08:05
xPut Name Herex said:
I'm hearing (but can't confirm) that if you own the two dead rising arcade games, change your One's store region to Japan, and the Japanese versions will appear in your "Ready To Install" List.
Pretty sure this isn't the case.
It's just the standard version of the game, but there's an odd screen while it's loading in Japanese. (I think an explicit content warning)
My favourite colour is red
mlkybrs r on me
Posted on 03 March 17 at 08:23
I have accounts with KOR and JAP versions but have forgotten the passwords lol
GrantX360
GrantX360
Posted on 03 March 17 at 08:52
Goldfire64 said:
Psparky27 said:
OK dumb question so why isn't Dead rising 2 BC? I know there was a Xbox one version of it but with this mini versions now BC why not the Main game? Or am I totally missing something here?
This is Capcom we are talking about. Since they re-released them as basically the same game, I would be surprised if they ever became backwards compatible. They would rather you buy the same game twice than let you get to continue to use the one you already paid for.
Totally agree with this. I own Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube, Wii, PC and Xbox 360. The XBO version is no different to the HD 360 version and there is no way I'm buying a 5th copy. Who knows, the Bioshock's and Rayman Legends have XBO remakes and came to BC. So did South Park (Although it came out on BC long before the XBO version was announced). Hopefully for games like Batman etc. enough time passes that they aren't selling many remasters anymore and they just do it. For me I don't want to start the games again.
mlkybrs r on me
Posted on 03 March 17 at 09:48
you need to get past this age verification for korean account: https://i.imgur.com/ryCtEyT.png
PyroLoveridge
PyroLoveridge
Posted on 03 March 17 at 13:09, Edited on 03 March 17 at 13:09 by PyroLoveridge
Bathtup47 said:
Someone spent part of their limited time on this earth making sure Meet the Robinsons was backwards compatible
I weed a little while laughing...
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 03 March 17 at 16:11, Edited on 03 March 17 at 16:49 by New Paralyzer
I just cannot get the Japanese versions of this game at all. I own them but like Castlevania SOTN they just don't seem to exist on the marketplace. Gonna try a few more things before I deem the JP versions not BC

EDIT: I've tried just about everything I can think of. I just cannot get the Japanese versions of these games on my One and do indeed own them.
Ninja Finch
72,356 72,356 GamerScore
Ninja Finch
Posted on 03 March 17 at 17:19
dirtysock47 said:
Looks like Disney is going to start pumping out BC games. Hoping for Split Second next smile
God I hope so, was so unique and one of my favourite games, eve over most AAA rated games
Ninja Finch
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 03 March 17 at 17:36
Sometimes it takes a few days for international versions to populate properly. Might wanna bug them on Twitter if they don't show up soon.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
mastergamer015
Posted on 03 March 17 at 18:07
Cool, really wish Halo 3 was backwards compatible, I mean you can see the title in the cover.
StanleyCup CAPS
Posted on 04 March 17 at 00:41
The only game "missing" from BC (in my humble yet accurate opinion) is Black Ops 2. Still waiting.
Hunji Studios
Posted on 04 March 17 at 15:22
Awesome, i really enjoyed Case Zero.
Warku1t
Warku1t
Posted on 04 March 17 at 18:57
both DR2 Case West and Case Zero should have been remastered for X1 and included in the Dead Rising triple pack
ShinUkyo
ShinUkyo
Posted on 04 March 17 at 21:41
I've always wished I could play the JP versions of Case Zero and Case West. There are VERY few games I've ever stacked, but Dead Rising is one of my all-time favorite series. Not to mention they are short but sweet experiences. As far as I know, however, you still can't buy Cero-Z rated games on the JP marketplace without a Japanese credit card tied to your account (to verify age.)
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 04 March 17 at 22:28
ShinUkyo said:
I've always wished I could play the JP versions of Case Zero and Case West. There are VERY few games I've ever stacked, but Dead Rising is one of my all-time favorite series. Not to mention they are short but sweet experiences. As far as I know, however, you still can't buy Cero-Z rated games on the JP marketplace without a Japanese credit card tied to your account (to verify age.)
For some reason I could buy them with my US card back on 360. It was after they ditched MS Points I managed to pull it off.

I actually updated my info for my Xbox One and it looks like it's even easier to add a US card to a Japanese account now.

I bought ACA NEO GEO Metal Slug to test it out.

I can prove everything too if other people reading this don't believe me.

I still can't manage to get the JP versions on my One... I've been trying very hard.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.